+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Child Sponsorship - 2021

bsureshmaran

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
I should explore this link. Thanks much.

goto the VFS link given in PPR. it iwll ask for India address, application number and contact details. They will validate that and send you the payment link which i am waiting for it now. Looks like they will send us the airway bill details once payment is done. we dont have to goto VFS office now to submit, they are assigning representative to collect the package.

There is a VFS consent form which applicant has to fill in. Question is, my daughter is 3 yrs old which means she cant consent it. Is it ok if Mother can sign that?
Also they are asking for 2 photos. Unlike in Cadama where there they give photo studio seal and date, In india they dont do that. Not sure if that is concern

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

goto the VFS link given in PPR. it iwll ask for India address, application number and contact details. They will validate that and send you the payment link which i am waiting for it now. Looks like they will send us the airway bill details once payment is done. we dont have to goto VFS office now to submit, they are assigning representative to collect the package.

There is a VFS consent form which applicant has to fill in. Question is, my daughter is 3 yrs old which means she cant consent it. Is it ok if Mother can sign that?
Also they are asking for 2 photos. Unlike in Cadama where there they give photo studio seal and date, In india they dont do that. Not sure if that is concern
Of course the parent signs consent on behalf of a minor.

Photos - info can be handwritten on back by studio.

Reactions: bsureshmaran

bsureshmaran

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
Of course the parent signs consent on behalf of a minor.

Photos - info can be handwritten on back by studio.
There is a section in VFS for the applicant consent. I understand parent can sign that. there is also a section to delicate this as below:

"Consent for Indirect Submission and/or Collection (to be completed ONLY if travel agent or person other than applicant themselves is submitting and/or collecting the visa application and decision)" not sure if we need to fill the parent info here and again sign by Parent. Didnt make sense.

Assuming the below section is NA :

"Declaration to be signed ONLY
by applicants assisted by the CVAC staff with electronic application form."

However not sure about the below since i thought biometrics is NA for kids. Not sure which one i should opt for.
Applicants wishing to provide biometrics
Applicants NOT wishing to provide biometrics

R A J 1369

Apr 8, 2014
Hello All,

I need a small information/help. I am got a PPR for my son and we are inland applicants. The PPR from New Delhi Visa Office says that if we are in Canada, we need not send the passport and the landing will be done virtually. Instead, we need to fill up the web form within 5 days of PPR and update our Canada address.

I am not clear about this process as to-

1. How the passport will be stamped?
2. Will there be a telephonic virtual landing?
3. How we will get the COPR?

Could anyone please share more information on this? your help is truly appreciable.

Thank you.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello All,

I need a small information/help. I am got a PPR for my son and we are inland applicants. The PPR from New Delhi Visa Office says that if we are in Canada, we need not send the passport and the landing will be done virtually. Instead, we need to fill up the web form within 5 days of PPR and update our Canada address.

Could anyone please share more information on this? your help is truly appreciable.

Thank you.
Won't be any need to stamp, alredy in Canada.

Yes, virtual landing, internet something.

Copr electronic.

Reactions: msb and R A J 1369

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
There is a section in VFS for the applicant consent. I understand parent can sign that. there is also a section to delicate this as below:

"Consent for Indirect Submission and/or Collection (to be completed ONLY if travel agent or person other than applicant themselves is submitting and/or collecting the visa application and decision)" not sure if we need to fill the parent info here and again sign by Parent. Didnt make sense.

Assuming the below section is NA :

"Declaration to be signed ONLY
by applicants assisted by the CVAC staff with electronic application form."

However not sure about the below since i thought biometrics is NA for kids. Not sure which one i should opt for.
Applicants wishing to provide biometrics
Applicants NOT wishing to provide biometrics
I would look at it this way: you/your spouse ARE the applicant for signing purposes as parents. (Not precisely true legally but a simple shortcut)

The indirect submission: sign on behalf of child if you are submitting/having passport picked up by a third party like courier.

On the last two - seems so obvious that at some point you're going to have to decide how to do these things.

Reactions: bsureshmaran

livingincanada2016

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC

Hi,

I got the payment link after filling the webform. I have made the payment from India and now waiting for next steps. I am also assuming they will validate the payment (not sure if they will do it on Monday or earlier) and send an email with courier details.

So far I have only got a consent form, not sure if there will any more forms.

Please let me know if you received any email after you guys made the payment.

Thank you so much.

wisetrack

Jun 18, 2018
Quite some useful info in this thread. Some of them seem to be have been very lucky to have got their AOR within a week/few weeks during the past few months!
My daughter's sponsorship application was received in Sydney NS on the 18th of August - hope the trend continues.
If anyone else has submitted their child sponsorship applications in July/August 2021 please share your experiences so far.

CANIND2020

Apr 5, 2021
Hello

I am sponsoring my 2yr old daughter, Im residing in Canada and not working yet. My wife is in India. There is no low-cut-off-income for this case as written in the Complete guide 5289. Can I apply without doing job here in Canada or I should have a job before applying to make my application strong?
just use your Last year NOA … spousal and dependent doesn’t require …. Even with EI with pandemic emergency benefits too .you can apply ..

CANIND2020

Apr 5, 2021
Hi everyone,

I have arrived in Canada sometime back and looking for a job. The PR for my wife has expired and she could not travel as she was pregnant w when Covid happened. The child was born in September 2020.

IRCC has now given an authorization letter for my wife to travel by end of April but not for my child (even though we did ask them to add my child). I contacted IRCC for them to travel again recently and they asked me that I will have to sponsor the child. In the meanwhile to apply for Temporary visa for the child to travel along with my wife.

I am confused about a few things on how to proceed -
1) Should I apply for Temporary Resident Visa for the child as grounds to travel with my wife, and then apply for Sponsorship only after getting the TRV approved? Or should I start sponsorship process even if TRV takes some time?
2) Should I select the duration of stay for child in TRV as <6months or >6months?
3) Should I mention that I will be applying for sponsorship for the child in the TRV?

Looking forward to your replies basis your experience or research. Thanks
She can get the PRTD by showing her Landing paper,expired PR card and Pre and post natal medical documents for the baby . But apply @ High Commission of Canada Not through CPC-SYDNEY NS. Immigration officer will accept PRTD . Apply TRV for your baby above 6months … IRCC knew that you will be applying for Sponsorship… From August 2021 you can apply spouse and dependent children sponsorship online for inside Canada . It’s faster then outside Canada .

CANIND2020

Apr 5, 2021
Hello All,

Thank you.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/how-to-apply-online.html

chinnap

Feb 19, 2018
Any applicants from June/July 2021 awaiting AOR for child sponsorship?
I applied on June 15 and I received AOR in three weeks and Sponsorship approval last week and case transferred to New York office. I did not see any message for Medicals. Is this normal or do i need to contact CIC regarding medicals. My kid 2 and half years old and born in USA