+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Child Sponsorship - 2021

Gagan102

Mar 31, 2021
I would request if people can share their timeline, experience, and status of their application.

I landed in Canada in Feb 2021, applied both the below applications for my child who is currently in India.. here is the status

TRV : I Applied online on 24/Feb/20221 (application $100) , no change in status yet, no email received (I heard the same status from people who had applied it in Jan 2021 as well)... please share your experience if you had any better experience.

Child Sponsorship : applied via mail on 6th March 2021 (paper application) on 10th March ( application fees: $100, Canada post charges $23 - Vanc to Sydney,NS).
Application Received on 12th March 2021
I received AOR on 24 March 2021
Then I received 'Request for Medical' on 13/Apr/2021
We completed the medical test in Delhi on 16/Apr/2021 (Medical cost Rs.2000,,, checked height and weight only)

If anyone having any idea, what will be the next step in Child sponsorship application, once medical is done,,then please share.,,, and If you can share approx timeline please.
Thank you.
Hi

Have u got any other update for your Child Application? I also got a medical request and it will be done in a day or two.

bsureshmaran

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
Hi

Can some one tell me what is entire the process after submitting Application
my Application was Received on 23 April 2021
I received an Email (AOR) from CIC on 29 April 2021

now i am wondering what is the next step and i appreciate anyone share your application milestones to compare mine and get an idea

Thanks
You received AOR within a week which is nice. Give 3 to 4 weeks time to get the status of sponsor application. I received my approval in 25 days after sponsorship wads approved along with medical ask.

Reactions: Fabia

bsureshmaran

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
1. Applied in last week of march 2021
2. Reached them on 31st Mar in Sydney
3. Received AOR on 21st Apr
4. Sponsorship approved on May 18
5. Medical request received on May 18
6. Medicals completed on May 25

Awaiting next steps....

does anyone know how much more time it will take for complete approval?

Reactions: Fabia

Cagedanomaly

Jul 28, 2019
I'm trying to figure this all out and it is breaking my brain.

My husband got his PR card in October 2020. When we filled out his paperwork we included his 17 daughter. We got her medical done and all of that, however, she had intended on staying in Europe. Now she is nearing 18 and wants to move to Canada to be with us. I'm confused who is supposed to fill out this paperwork for her now. Myself, or my newly PR'd husband. And what age is she no longer eligible. I'm guessing we have to haul butt on this before she is too old.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I'm trying to figure this all out and it is breaking my brain.

My husband got his PR card in October 2020. When we filled out his paperwork we included his 17 daughter. We got her medical done and all of that, however, she had intended on staying in Europe. Now she is nearing 18 and wants to move to Canada to be with us. I'm confused who is supposed to fill out this paperwork for her now. Myself, or my newly PR'd husband. And what age is she no longer eligible. I'm guessing we have to haul butt on this before she is too old.
You must apply before she turns 22 (as long as she is not married or in a common law relationship).

I believe it would be easier if he applies.

Was she included as accompanying or non-accompanying?

If not clear you can explain in a letter that she was included before.

If she wants to join you soon, you might apply for a TRV right away and apply inland after she arrives . Obviously may be refused. And she would not be able to work or study as a PR until completed.

Reactions: Cagedanomaly

Cagedanomaly

Jul 28, 2019
You must apply before she turns 22 (as long as she is not married or in a common law relationship).

I believe it would be easier if he applies.

Was she included as accompanying or non-accompanying?

If not clear you can explain in a letter that she was included before.

If she wants to join you soon, you might apply for a TRV right away and apply inland after she arrives . Obviously may be refused. And she would not be able to work or study as a PR until completed.
She was included as non accompany. We hilariously thought that by including her and having her go through these hoops on her end this was going to be easy. Silly us.

I think my husband is thrown off because he thought he saw something online saying he hasn't had PR long enough to be the one to apply for her to come.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
She was included as non accompany. We hilariously thought that by including her and having her go through these hoops on her end this was going to be easy. Silly us.

I think my husband is thrown off because he thought he saw something online saying he hasn't had PR long enough to be the one to apply for her to come.
Your husband is fine to sponsor on arrival.

It doesn't sound particularly complex, and that you did what made sense at the time. You did need to jump through those hoops. You can try the TRV route (assuming she is not from visa waiver country).

Good luck.

Fabia

Apr 26, 2014
1. Applied in last week of march 2021
2. Reached them on 31st Mar in Sydney
3. Received AOR on 21st Apr
4. Sponsorship approved on May 18
5. Medical request received on May 18
6. Medicals completed on May 25

Awaiting next steps....

does anyone know how much more time it will take for complete approval?
Thank you Suresh

livingincanada2016

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Hello friends.

Did anyone recently submitted the application. I have send my application to CPC Sydney and they received it on 3rd May. I am still waiting for the AOR. Does anyone has any timelines for the AOR? Also is there any link where we can track current AOR timeline for dependent child applications?

sfy

Feb 22, 2021
Hello friends.

Did anyone recently submitted the application. I have send my application to CPC Sydney and they received it on 3rd May. I am still waiting for the AOR. Does anyone has any timelines for the AOR? Also is there any link where we can track current AOR timeline for dependent child applications?
You will get it within a month or so. Usually it takes a month to get AoR.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello friends.

Usually at least a month, 30-90 days most common.

Gagan102

Mar 31, 2021
Hello friends.

Hi

Here is the timeline:

Posted on - 20th April, 2021
Reached on - 23rd April
AOR - 1st May
Gckey linked - 11th May
Background Check (Not Applicable) - 18th May
Medical Request - 19th May
Medical done - 24th May
Medical report yet to be send by concerned clinic. Takes 10days usually.