+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Child Sponsorship - 2021

cmcalister

Star Member
Jan 27, 2019
Hello

My husband who is a PR resident in Canada is applying to sponsor his son who was listed on the original application with my husband but did not travel with him. We understand that we need to do a whole new application. A couple of questions:
1. UCI- do we leave blank or use the number from my husbands original application?
2. Form 008 Generic Application- is it my husband who signs this as the child is under 18 years?
3. I am assuming we do not fill out Additional Family Information form as he has no dependents and his father is in Canada.

It seems that alot of the forms do not really apply to a child being sponsored. The relationship info and sponsorship evaluation asks about spouse or partner but does not refer to a dependent child. Are we missing forms that are specific for dependent children??

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

sfy

Feb 22, 2021
Hello

My husband who is a PR resident in Canada is applying to sponsor his son who was listed on the original application with my husband but did not travel with him. We understand that we need to do a whole new application. A couple of questions:
1. UCI- do we leave blank or use the number from my husbands original application?
2. Form 008 Generic Application- is it my husband who signs this as the child is under 18 years?
3. I am assuming we do not fill out Additional Family Information form as he has no dependents and his father is in Canada.

It seems that alot of the forms do not really apply to a child being sponsored. The relationship info and sponsorship evaluation asks about spouse or partner but does not refer to a dependent child. Are we missing forms that are specific for dependent children??

Thank you.
Hi,

- UCI number will be the exact same that was assigned to your son during the first application. It contains all the previous record of your son at CIC.
- Yes your husband can sign it on behalf of your son (if your son's age is less than 18 years) otherwise your son will have to sign it himself.
- No need for the additional information.

Regarding the forms that are relevant to your child....well if he is 18 years or older, there are some country specific forms that should be filled.
Hope this helps.

ludabrown

Apr 11, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
AOR Received.
23-06-2017
File Transfer...
06-07-2017
Med's Request
30-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-07-2017
Interview........
06-03-2018
Passport Req..
06-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2018
hello All,

My husband and I are sponsoring 4 children. we submitted application for the 2 eldest August 2020 and the 2 youngest (twins) February 2021.

March 17th we received medical request for the 2 youngest sent in Feb then we called IRCC to ask about the other 2 application they advised us they are being processed time can not be determined..

the day before medical March 29 we actually received SA and medical request for 2 oldest sent in August. well it was too late to have all 4 complete medical together as the office was now fully booked.

within a few day we received medical passed for 1 of the twins and the other is still outstanding. the 2 oldest have medical coming up.

I guess now its the waiting game, what's next...

sfy

Feb 22, 2021
hello All,

My husband and I are sponsoring 4 children. we submitted application for the 2 eldest August 2020 and the 2 youngest (twins) February 2021.

March 17th we received medical request for the 2 youngest sent in Feb then we called IRCC to ask about the other 2 application they advised us they are being processed time can not be determined..

the day before medical March 29 we actually received SA and medical request for 2 oldest sent in August. well it was too late to have all 4 complete medical together as the office was now fully booked.

within a few day we received medical passed for 1 of the twins and the other is still outstanding. the 2 oldest have medical coming up.

I guess now its the waiting game, what's next...
Thanks for sharing your story. Gives me hope that I will get AoR for my son soon as well.

Thanks!

cmcalister

Star Member
Jan 27, 2019
Hi,

- UCI number will be the exact same that was assigned to your son during the first application. It contains all the previous record of your son at CIC.
- Yes your husband can sign it on behalf of your son (if your son's age is less than 18 years) otherwise your son will have to sign it himself.

Regarding the forms that are relevant to your child....well if he is 18 years or older, there are some country specific forms that should be filled.
Hope this helps.
Thanks so much. He is under 18 years.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi,

Hope this helps.
if the additional form is the imm5406, they will still need to fill it.
  • If the principal applicant is a dependent child, including someone younger than 18 years old, you must submit the Additional Family Information [IMM 5406] (PDF, 570.00 KB) and list them as the principal applicant. As the parent/legal guardian of the principal applicant who is under 18 years of age, you’ll sign all the forms on their behalf.
They will enter the child's info as the PA, and fill in parent's details and siblings if any (including step siblings)

Reactions: cmcalister

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hello

Thank you.
As for the forms, if you use the application package and select sponsor dependent child only, you will get forms that are relevant to sponsoring a child and not spouse/partner

Gagan102

Mar 31, 2021
Hello

1. I am sponsoring my 2yr old daughter, Im residing in Canada as a PR and not working yet. My wife is in India. I want to know that whether I need to fill the Representative form (Use of a Representative (IMM 5476) ) ?

2. Also should I fill the Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual [IMM 5475] In my case I am applying on behalf of my daughter.
What should I do?

3. My wife has attached her passport copy with the application attested from notary with her signature and date.
But as written in the Complete Guide this below written information is not included on the passport copy. Will it trouble the application processing?

Certified true copies
To have a photocopy of a document certified, an authorized person must compare the original document to the photocopy and must print all of the following on the photocopy:
  • “I certify that this is a true copy of the original document”
  • the name of the original document
  • the date of the certification
  • their name
  • their official position or title
  • their signature

Thanx for any guidance.

Last edited:

Sweet child

May 4, 2020
Hi guy I'm new here ,I'm getting ready to sponsor my four kids in Jamaica my lawyer is getting all the documents ready to send of by this month. I'll definitely keep you guy update.

Reactions: cmcalister

atuls

Jun 1, 2019
Mumbai
Hi everyone,

I have arrived in Canada sometime back and looking for a job. The PR for my wife has expired and she could not travel as she was pregnant w when Covid happened. The child was born in September 2020.

IRCC has now given an authorization letter for my wife to travel by end of April but not for my child (even though we did ask them to add my child). I contacted IRCC for them to travel again recently and they asked me that I will have to sponsor the child. In the meanwhile to apply for Temporary visa for the child to travel along with my wife.

I am confused about a few things on how to proceed -
1) Should I apply for Temporary Resident Visa for the child as grounds to travel with my wife, and then apply for Sponsorship only after getting the TRV approved? Or should I start sponsorship process even if TRV takes some time?
2) Should I select the duration of stay for child in TRV as <6months or >6months?
3) Should I mention that I will be applying for sponsorship for the child in the TRV?

Looking forward to your replies basis your experience or research. Thanks

kiddy2020

Jan 17, 2021
Hi All,

Looking for suggestion. My wife and I are Canada PR holders and currently in US. We have one year old daughter who is US citizen. We are planning to immigrate to Canada this year. Now I can't find any option of sponsoring dependent child from outside Canada. Can we bring our daughter to Canada this year along with us and then start the application after coming to Canada? If yes, I am assuming she can stay in Canada while her application is in progress, correct?

Thanks

bsureshmaran

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
Hi,

I and my wife are PR holders, I am in Canada and my wife is abroad staying with 1 year old son who is not a PR holder. My sponsorship application for our son was received on 16th March at Sydney Ofiice, NS.

Any idea how long does it take to get to get an AoR in case of completed application?

Thanks

Br,
Mine reached on Apr 01...I heard that AOR these days are given in a mth time. Lets hope for it. Please keepus posted

guweishi

Jun 2, 2018
Hello All

I am im same situation here.

Me and my wife are PR. We softlanded went back to India

I came back now and plans to start PR process for our daughter. I am planning to do it in couple of weeks

Please feel free to connect.
So you and your wife stay in Canada now?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Can we bring our daughter to Canada this year along with us and then start the application after coming to Canada? If yes, I am assuming she can stay in Canada while her application is in progress, correct?
Yes to both. You may need to apply for extension of her stay if the process goes over six months.

Reactions: kiddy2020