+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent child processing time

rdeepak86

Nov 23, 2021
Hi guys.. I just send the application for my dependent child sponsorship 3 weeks before.. no updates as of now.. anyone applied for dependent child pr sponsor recently? I want to know the timelines.. or is it possible to apply for visitor visa for my baby when pr application is in progress.. I want my family to come here at the earliest.. what's the best option?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi guys.. I just send the application for my dependent child sponsorship 3 weeks before.. no updates as of now.. anyone applied for dependent child pr sponsor recently? I want to know the timelines.. or is it possible to apply for visitor visa for my baby when pr application is in progress.. I want my family to come here at the earliest.. what's the best option?
It will take 1-3 months for you to hear from IRCC. Timelines for approval are somewhere between 8 months and a year. Yes, you can try applying for a TRV to bring the child here.

Reactions: rdeepak86

Rag911

Star Member
Oct 18, 2021
Category........
Other
children have priority processing so its faster than the other applicants probably

albak

Star Member
Sep 5, 2017
Yep, I sent mine to CPC Sydney on Oct 11. Still haven't received the AOR. It was a paper app.

Jaybee43

Feb 28, 2019
Submitted ours for dependent child in May of this year. Early July AOR, August we received medical and biometrics requests which we just completed this week. Hoping for PPR in the coming few months

Rtensab

Dec 4, 2021
Hi
My parents are in Canada and I am here in Nepal.
My query is once they get their refugee claim can I apply to canada and will my visa be approved? I am below 20 years of age.

mercyadek

Feb 29, 2024
Hello, please I applied for my child's visa over a month ago. My spouse and I already have our visa, we've all done medicals as well but the agent working on our application forgot to apply for my child's visa. How long will it take for ircc to respond now that we have applied and sent all support in documents?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello, please I applied for my child's visa over a month ago. My spouse and I already have our visa, we've all done medicals as well but the agent working on our application forgot to apply for my child's visa. How long will it take for ircc to respond now that we have applied and sent all support in documents?
What kind of visa application? This section is about family class sponsorship (a PR/citizen sponsoring his/her family to become PR).
Your post doesn't look like you or your spouse are already PR before your child is born.

mercyadek

Feb 29, 2024
My spouse and I have a work visa, we are going through the hccp route. Our toddler has been in the application all thr way, the agent missed applying for her Visa.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
My spouse and I have a work visa, we are going through the hccp route. Our toddler has been in the application all thr way, the agent missed applying for her Visa.
post your question in the caregiver pathway section. Your question doesn't apply to family class sponsorship.