canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for your prompt reply.

I have one query related to your response. My province is Ontario and currently settled in Brampton. Can visitor period be extended beyond 6 months if sponsorship application is under process?

TIA
You will need to maintain your child's visitor status while the app is processing. There should be no issues with an extension.

Reactions: dnesh0166

hellgate

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
15-03-2017
AOR Received.
10-04-2017
Med's Done....
09-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
You will need to maintain your child's visitor status while the app is processing. There should be no issues with an extension.
Hi, I have moreless the same situation. We are a family with 4 persons. 3 of us have PR cards but my son who is 6 months old has TRP which will expire on June 2019. I am in Canada at the moment. I came here to arrange the settlement issues prior to my family. I will pick them up here in the middle of April.

I have some concerns;

1- Should I apply the sponsorship application now or should I wait till they enter the Canada? Because my son will live with me here in Canada during the application process. In this case, I have to write our Canada adress to the application paper and send the application to Mississauga. Right?

2- Will it be ok to extend the TRP later or should I request on the custom to extend it since the processing time of sponsorship application takes longer? Do you hear any problem to extend the TRP for dependents before?

3- How is the entrance procedure on the custom for TRP holder? Is it like TRV or do we have to move the immigrants desk like COPR process.

Thanks in advance

amitca7

Sep 23, 2014
Just for everyone else who has applied for sponsorship for their children, here are my details -

Submitted sponsorship application : 14-Dec-2018
Received AOR : 09-Feb-2019
Medical Requested : 19-Feb-2019 , Submitted : 20-Feb-2019
Eligibility Decision Made : 26-Feb-2019
Application Transferred to Missisauga office for further processing : 27-Feb-2019

Waiting for further updates.

Can someone else share their timeline.

Thanks
Amit

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi, I have moreless the same situation. We are a family with 4 persons. 3 of us have PR cards but my son who is 6 months old has TRP which will expire on June 2019. I am in Canada at the moment. I came here to arrange the settlement issues prior to my family. I will pick them up here in the middle of April.

I have some concerns;

1- Should I apply the sponsorship application now or should I wait till they enter the Canada? Because my son will live with me here in Canada during the application process. In this case, I have to write our Canada adress to the application paper and send the application to Mississauga. Right?

2- Will it be ok to extend the TRP later or should I request on the custom to extend it since the processing time of sponsorship application takes longer? Do you hear any problem to extend the TRP for dependents before?

3- How is the entrance procedure on the custom for TRP holder? Is it like TRV or do we have to move the immigrants desk like COPR process.

Thanks in advance
1. Apply now. Zero point in waiting.

2. You should be fine to extend.

3. Completely up to the primary CBSA officer.

mathew.robn

Feb 22, 2016
Just for everyone else who has applied for sponsorship for their children, here are my details -

Submitted sponsorship application : 14-Dec-2018
Received AOR : 09-Feb-2019
Medical Requested : 19-Feb-2019 , Submitted : 20-Feb-2019
Eligibility Decision Made : 26-Feb-2019
Application Transferred to Missisauga office for further processing : 27-Feb-2019

Waiting for further updates.

Can someone else share their timeline.

Thanks
Amit
Applied : 12/04/2018
AOR : 01/31/2019
Add Info : NA
Medical Req: 02/19/2019
Sponsor Approval: 02/13/2019
Application transferred to CPC : New Delhi 02/27/2019
Medical done: 03/07/2019 ( planned in Toronto)

hellgate

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
15-03-2017
AOR Received.
10-04-2017
Med's Done....
09-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
1. Apply now. Zero point in waiting.

2. You should be fine to extend.

3. Completely up to the primary CBSA officer.
Thanks for the answers. I am also thinking about to apply as soon as possible. However, I cannot decide what should I write onto the form about the date and the place of your last entry to Canada since he will come to Canada on April. That's why, I cannot decide to send the application either to Mississauga or NS. If I send to NS, I do not know whether it will be a problem to extend the TRP later.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for the answers. I am also thinking about to apply as soon as possible. However, I cannot decide what should I write onto the form about the date and the place of your last entry to Canada since he will come to Canada on April. That's why, I cannot decide to send the application either to Mississauga or NS. If I send to NS, I do not know whether it will be a problem to extend the TRP later.
You write nothing. He hasn't entered Canada.

Again, zero point in delaying. You cannot apply inland for your child. There is only outland.

The TRP is completely separate from the PR app.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
When you fill in and sign the form and date it, the information you provide is as of that day. Not in the future.
So apply now (since you are in Canada now)

dnesh0166

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Hi canuck_in_uk...

Would you please share your contact number. I have certain queries regarding my case and I believe you can help me out if you want to.

TIA

dnesh0166

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
I don't share personal contact info. Post on the forum.
NP...

As I earlier mentioned that I want to sponsor my wife and depend child within canada in a single application. Presently they are on TRV with me for past 15 days.

However, on CIC website it is specifically mentioned that spouse can be sponsored within Canada through Canada class, but dependent child can be sponsored under family class I.e. outside canada. Am confused. Please guide me

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
NP...

As I earlier mentioned that I want to sponsor my wife and depend child within canada in a single application. Presently they are on TRV with me for past 15 days.

However, on CIC website it is specifically mentioned that spouse can be sponsored within Canada through Canada class, but dependent child can be sponsored under family class I.e. outside canada. Am confused. Please guide me
The child would be included as a dependent in the inland app.

hellgate

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
15-03-2017
AOR Received.
10-04-2017
Med's Done....
09-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
You write nothing. He hasn't entered Canada.

Again, zero point in delaying. You cannot apply inland for your child. There is only outland.

The TRP is completely separate from the PR app.
Thank you very much for the answer. Then I am gonna start to prepare the application.

Related with TRP of my son, it is valid till 10th of June 2019 (from 18th December 2018) and I am gonna pick my family up to Canada around 15-20th April after finalizing my settlemet issues here. Do you think it is gonna be problem while we are entering to Canada since there will remain less than 2 months before expiration date of TRP?

Nayena

Sep 21, 2017
Hi need some advice too
I would like to seek clarification on the below points.
1. Need to know if we can apply for TRV for our son online against the same GC Key used for his PR application which is in progress. His file is currently at NDVO.
2. In case TRV is approved where will we have to submit the passport for stamping.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you very much for the answer. Then I am gonna start to prepare the application.

Related with TRP of my son, it is valid till 10th of June 2019 (from 18th December 2018) and I am gonna pick my family up to Canada around 15-20th April after finalizing my settlemet issues here. Do you think it is gonna be problem while we are entering to Canada since there will remain less than 2 months before expiration date of TRP?
No.