+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent child PR Sponsorship within Canada

Vancouver1234

Oct 27, 2015
Hi All,

For applying PR for child who is in Canada already what option should we select - Sponsorship within Canada or outside Canada ? CICC website says choose within Canada option if applying for both spouse & child who are in Canada.
My wife already has PR and I am planning to bring my child on visitor visa, so I will be applying PR for my kid alone once they are here.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Vancouver1234 said:
Hi All,

For applying PR for child who is in Canada already what option should we select - Sponsorship within Canada or outside Canada ? CICC website says choose within Canada option if applying for both spouse & child who are in Canada.
My wife already has PR and I am planning to bring my child on visitor visa, so I will be applying PR for my kid alone once they are here.
Are you a PR? If so, did you include your kid as a non-accompanying dependant?

Where is the child's other parent? Is there a consent filled out for immigration?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Vancouver1234 said:
Hi All,

All apps for children are OUTLAND apps only, there is no option for inland. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

However the child can be in Canada during the process as long as they maintain proper visitor status.

Reactions: msb

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Vancouver1234 said:
As Rob said, outland is the only option.

I strongly suggest you apply ASAP instead of waiting. It is possible that the child will not be granted a TRV. You then have the option of applying for a TRP but there is no guarantee that you will be able to bring the child to Canada before the PR app is approved.

Reactions: msb

Vancouver4567

Oct 13, 2016
hi everyone,

I am in a similar situation. Only difference is my son is already in Canada on visiting VISA. Myself and my wife both are PR holders living in Canada now. My kid is born after we got our both our PRs. He was in fact given 1 year long visitor record by the immigration officer as the PR sponsorship takes longer than 6 months. In this case, should I be applying PR sponsorship for my son alone within Canada or is it still OUTLAND application? Should we be sending out PR application to VISA office in India or in Canada? Also should my son's medicals be done upfront? If yes, then where in Canada?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Vancouver4567 said:
hi everyone,

I am in a similar situation. Only difference is my son is already in Canada on visiting VISA. Myself and my wife both are PR holders living in Canada now. My kid is born after we got our both our PRs. He was in fact given 1 year long visitor record by the immigration officer as the PR sponsorship takes longer than 6 months. In this case, should I be applying PR sponsorship for my son alone within Canada or is it still OUTLAND application? Should we be sending out PR application to VISA office in India or in Canada? Also should my son's medicals be done upfront? If yes, then where in Canada?
as indicated above, children sponsorship can only be done through an outland application, so you will want to fill out that application package

per the application instructions, both the applicant and sponsor applications must be sent to the address in mississauga listed in the guide. once the sponsor is approved, CIC will internally transfer the application to the appropriate visa office
yes, it's recommended to do the medical upfront
the cic website has a list of panel physicians available across the world. you will want to go to the website and look up the list of doctors in your area then call them to make an appointment.

reading the application guide is important to do and will probably answer most of your questions.

bullionvault

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2013
AOR Received.
27-11-2013
Med's Request
02-05-2014
Med's Done....
03-05-2014
Passport Req..
05-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2014
LANDED..........
28-06-2014
CDNPR2014 said:
as indicated above, children sponsorship can only be done through an outland application, so you will want to fill out that application package

per the application instructions, both the applicant and sponsor applications must be sent to the address in mississauga listed in the guide. once the sponsor is approved, CIC will internally transfer the application to the appropriate visa office
yes, it's recommended to do the medical upfront
the cic website has a list of panel physicians available across the world. you will want to go to the website and look up the list of doctors in your area then call them to make an appointment.

reading the application guide is important to do and will probably answer most of your questions.
If I may ask something since I am in a similar scenario, I have applied as mentioned above and sent both the application to sponsor my daughter(17 months old) and application for PR to Mississauga. I paid $75 for sponsor and $75 for the PR applicant since she is an infant. But I am not sure what will happen once the request for passport comes, will I have to send the passport to New Delhi for getting it stamped? Because my daughter is already with me here in Canada on a visitor visa, and I believe it is illegal to courier the passport out of the country where the holder is staying. Would appreciate if some light could be put on this aspect.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
bullionvault said:
If I may ask something since I am in a similar scenario, I have applied as mentioned above and sent both the application to sponsor my daughter(17 months old) and application for PR to Mississauga. I paid $75 for sponsor and $75 for the PR applicant since she is an infant. But I am not sure what will happen once the request for passport comes, will I have to send the passport to New Delhi for getting it stamped? Because my daughter is already with me here in Canada on a visitor visa, and I believe it is illegal to courier the passport out of the country where the holder is staying. Would appreciate if some light could be put on this aspect.
Most PPR letters have instructions on sending the passport to CPP-Ottawa for applicants who are in Canada.

fantamoja

Apr 26, 2017
bullionvault said:
Hey, I am in the same boat as you. I would love to know what happened? My wife and children are here with me on visit visa and i want to apply to sponsor them, is it possible to include my children or they will have to go back to my country for visa processing?

fantamoja

Apr 26, 2017
Hello, Please clarify for me... I would love to know what happened? My wife and children are here with me on visit visa and i want to apply to sponsor them, is it possible to include my children or they will have to go back to my country for visa processing?

fantamoja

Apr 26, 2017
Vancouver4567 said:
hi everyone,

Hey, I am in the same boat as you. I would love to know what happened? My wife and children are here with me on visit visa and i want to apply to sponsor them, is it possible to include my children or they will have to go back to my country for visa processing?

HBH

Apr 27, 2017
Hi Guys,

I am new in forum, could anybody help me!

Me, my wife and my two kids are PR card holder but my third child don't have PR who born outside Canada in a non visa exempt country six month before , I applied for TRV one month before but refused by local embassy, Nowadays I am in canada and my rest of the family back home waiting for visa for my newly born kid so they could join me in Canada altogether.
My question is, what will be the fastest route to bring my family along with newly born kid to Canada.

Regards,
HBH

Nayena

Sep 21, 2017
Nybody from the above queries can ull reply as to which office were ull requested to send the passport to be stamped for pr...of dependant child ..(outland or canda)

honnuck

Jul 15, 2016
Nybody from the above queries can ull reply as to which office were ull requested to send the passport to be stamped for pr...of dependant child ..(outland or canda)
Not sure I understand your question but in my case my daughter is in Canada so application was made to Canada and the application is under process in Mississauga office

Nayena

Sep 21, 2017
Not sure I understand your question but in my case my daughter is in Canada so application was made to Canada and the application is under process in Mississauga office
Thanks honnuck ...my query was if my husband who is the sponsor is in Canada bt my child is currently in india since he dsnt have a pr...so where will they ask for the doc to b submitted as well as ppr India or canada ..we r yet to apply hence asking