+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent child PR Sponsorship within Canada

tozach

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
Thanks honnuck ...my query was if my husband who is the sponsor is in Canada bt my child is currently in india since he dsnt have a pr...so where will they ask for the doc to b submitted as well as ppr India or canada ..we r yet to apply hence asking
Hi Nayena, The application to sponsor will have to be made in Canada. It has to be sent by post to the Processing office. The Mississauga office start the process and then sends it to the appropriate visa office, in this case probably NDVO.

sijusony

Nov 14, 2014
Hi All,

We have sent paper application to Nova Scotia for sponsoring my kid back in July. There is no response from Cic yet.we are little concerned since her visa is running out.

1. Any idea much time will Cic take to respond to paper application
2. should we reapply again, as it’s almost 3 months since we applied without any update from Cic
3. How will update come Cic

Request help from people who already applied

samirtaneja

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
hello friends,

As you all seniors who have already in process for sponsoring the dependent child and have done everything. so i need some suggestions as i am also reading the forms and procedure for sponsoring my twins. me and my wife got PR in 2016, landed in sept 2016 for landing fomalities. she stayed for 1 month and i lived for some time and then went back to india for delivery in june 2017. so now i returned back to canada in july 2018. want to sponsor my kids who r 1 yr old. i would like to know what r the chances of getting TRV for them so that i will apply for their PR once they come to canada after getting visitor visa as saw that visitor visa might be rejected in many cases due to not fulfilling the main condition of visitor visa to return back to home country.

secondly, If i apply for sponsoring of my kids , then one form need signature of co-signer (spouse), so is it necessary to get signed by spouse as she is in india with kids so how she will sign as she need to courier me the form after signing if required.

one more point is in one form, it is mentioned to declare the accompanying person with kids when PR approved, then that person need to fill a form and is it necessary to fill another form declaring that the other parent dont have any objection for kids sponsorship or PR. i dont understand that when both parents have PR and after getting kids PR , kids will come with their mother only so why she have any objection and whats the need to fill a form for non-objection from one parent.

The most important is once i have applied for kids sponsorship , then is it possible if i want to go to india while the file is in process and for how much time. suppose cic approved me as a sponsor and file transferred to new delhi visa office, then i can go to india for 1-2 months or not.

I am thinking to file the kids sponsorship case myself and not hiring any consultant as i did my PR process through express entry myself only in 2016.

Please clarify.
Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hello friends,

As you all seniors who have already in process for sponsoring the dependent child and have done everything. so i need some suggestions as i am also reading the forms and procedure for sponsoring my twins. me and my wife got PR in 2016, landed in sept 2016 for landing fomalities. she stayed for 1 month and i lived for some time and then went back to india for delivery in june 2017. so now i returned back to canada in july 2018. want to sponsor my kids who r 1 yr old. i would like to know what r the chances of getting TRV for them so that i will apply for their PR once they come to canada after getting visitor visa as saw that visitor visa might be rejected in many cases due to not fulfilling the main condition of visitor visa to return back to home country.

secondly, If i apply for sponsoring of my kids , then one form need signature of co-signer (spouse), so is it necessary to get signed by spouse as she is in india with kids so how she will sign as she need to courier me the form after signing if required.

one more point is in one form, it is mentioned to declare the accompanying person with kids when PR approved, then that person need to fill a form and is it necessary to fill another form declaring that the other parent dont have any objection for kids sponsorship or PR. i dont understand that when both parents have PR and after getting kids PR , kids will come with their mother only so why she have any objection and whats the need to fill a form for non-objection from one parent.

The most important is once i have applied for kids sponsorship , then is it possible if i want to go to india while the file is in process and for how much time. suppose cic approved me as a sponsor and file transferred to new delhi visa office, then i can go to india for 1-2 months or not.

I am thinking to file the kids sponsorship case myself and not hiring any consultant as i did my PR process through express entry myself only in 2016.

Please clarify.
Thanks
Hard to say what their chances are. Probably 50/50. They are not planning on being temporary residents that's why they may be rejected, You should only leave Canada for maximum 2-3 weeks during the sponsorship. Since you have been out of Canada for the past 2 years getting a job in Canada and showing that you have established yourself is the best thing you candy for your application.

samirtaneja

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
Hard to say what their chances are. Probably 50/50. They are not planning on being temporary residents that's why they may be rejected, You should only leave Canada for maximum 2-3 weeks during the sponsorship. Since you have been out of Canada for the past 2 years getting a job in Canada and showing that you have established yourself is the best thing you candy for your application.

Thanks canuck78.
Can u put some light on the form required co-signer details and signature as my wife is living in india and not in canada. so how she can be a co-signer and if she will not be co-signer , then is it necessary to fill IMM 5604 form as a declaration from non-accompanying parent. actually she will accompanying with kids so no declaration required but its mentioned if co-signer dont sign , then give IMM 5604 but i dont think it will apply to our case.

and one of the lawyer said that once file submitted and they approve me as sponsor and file transferred to NDVO , then i can travel to india for 1-2 months?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No co-signer. No you must remain in Canada to sponsor your child as a PR. It is one of the major requirements. A short vacation of a few weeks seems to be tolerated.

YogeshPa

May 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2014
Doc's Request.
28-07-2014
AOR Received.
20-02-2014
IELTS Request
CELPIP submitted with application
Med's Request
24-09-2014
Med's Done....
04-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-10-2014
I am applying for PR for my 1 year child and she is here is Canada with me. I have question about where to send the PR application as she is in Canada, would it be to Missisauga office (where they accept in Canada and only spousal application) or to Nova Scotia office (outside Canada for all cases).

I am thinking that most appropriate office would be Nova Scotia but at the same time it says outside Canada applicants while my child is with me here in Canada.

samirtaneja

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
Hello friends

I have submitted the application for sponsorship of my twins daughters on Nov 14th 2018. Do you have any idea when i will get any confirmation or AOR. How much time it will take to approve the application for me as a sponsor.

As I need to go to INDIA in feb 1st week for a month for my father knees surgery so is it okk or will it affect the application .

Is there any way t o inform cic or should i inform them that due to medical emergency i need to go but i will come back in a month.
I can show the return ticket for canada.

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello friends

I have submitted the application for sponsorship of my twins daughters on Nov 14th 2018. Do you have any idea when i will get any confirmation or AOR. How much time it will take to approve the application for me as a sponsor.

As I need to go to INDIA in feb 1st week for a month for my father knees surgery so is it okk or will it affect the application .

Is there any way t o inform cic or should i inform them that due to medical emergency i need to go but i will come back in a month.
I can show the return ticket for canada.

Thanks
Hi

Expect 2-3 months for AOR.

PRs are required to be living in Canada throughout the entire process. Short visits are OK but a month is pushing it.

dnesh0166

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Hi All,

I have one query which requires your attention.

I have Canadian PR and residing in canada I want to sponsor my wife and son. They have Canadian TRV, and have recently joined me in Canada on their tourist visa. Can I sponsor both of them from Canada along with open work permit for my wife?
Moreover, if I apply for sponsorship,can my child be admitted into school during sponsorship period, and what would be his status till the time he receives his pr?

TIA

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,

I have one query which requires your attention.

I have Canadian PR and residing in canada I want to sponsor my wife and son. They have Canadian TRV, and have recently joined me in Canada on their tourist visa. Can I sponsor both of them from Canada along with open work permit for my wife?
Moreover, if I apply for sponsorship,can my child be admitted into school during sponsorship period, and what would be his status till the time he receives his pr?

TIA
Yes you can sponsor them inland as long as they plan on remaining in Canada. If you have not received their AOR before their 6 months visitor periods runs out you should extend it otherwise you are fine. Things like school admissions and health coverage depends on the province.

dnesh0166

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Yes you can sponsor them inland as long as they plan on remaining in Canada. If you have not received their AOR before their 6 months visitor periods runs out you should extend it otherwise you are fine. Things like school admissions and health coverage depends on the province.
Thanks for your prompt reply.

I have one query related to your response. My province is Ontario and currently settled in Brampton. Can visitor period be extended beyond 6 months if sponsorship application is under process?

TIA

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your prompt reply.

I have one query related to your response. My province is Ontario and currently settled in Brampton. Can visitor period be extended beyond 6 months if sponsorship application is under process?

TIA
They'd be under implied status so you won't actually have to extend. You need to wait until you get AOR in case your application gets returned. Your child should e able to attend his local school with proof that you are a PR. Both your wife and child won't have health insurance for quite some time. You will need to purchase emergency medical insurance. Any routine care you will have to pay for. Some vaccinations are available through public health clinics/nurses. Once your wife gets her OWP she can apply to start the 3 month wait period for OHIP if she has a job contract that will last over 6 months.

Reactions: dnesh0166

dnesh0166

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
T
They'd be under implied status so you won't actually have to extend. You need to wait until you get AOR in case your application gets returned. Your child should e able to attend his local school with proof that you are a PR. Both your wife and child won't have health insurance for quite some time. You will need to purchase emergency medical insurance. Any routine care you will have to pay for. Some vaccinations are available through public health clinics/nurses. Once your wife gets her OWP she can apply to start the 3 month wait period for OHIP if she has a job contract that will last over 6 months.
Thanks for the information. You are such a nice person.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
The child will have no Implied Status.

Reactions: YVR123