+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Child, join here!!!

kim016

Aug 26, 2012
hi i have 2 kids that i declared as my dependant and they undergone medical with me. i didnt took them with me to accompany me when i went here in canada.my question is, if i want to get them, am i going to start from scratch like start from step 1?

badicioiu

Jun 3, 2012
mmacedo said:
Hey Badicioiu, any improvement? I just got a TRV for my daughter. It took 2 weeks to be processed by Sao Paulo VO, but we had no problem at all. By the way, my sponsorship application wasn't open yet, but I submitted some proofs of the sponsorship application with my daughter's tourist visa request.
Then you're so lucky. I'm wondering how you convinced them that you would return your baby to home country. Because at VO in my home country they didn't believe me, even if I proved my wife still has a job , we have an apartment back home, we have our parents which can take care of the child , I have enough money to pay for the plane tickets and I have never overstayed any visa I got. I got refused twice on more reasons than the first time.
It just proves how arbitrary these decisions are. Fortunately for me there are some other options than depending on this immigration system.
Good luck.

mmacedo

Star Member
Jul 5, 2012
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
badicioiu said:
Then you're so lucky. I'm wondering how you convinced them that you would return your baby to home country. Because at VO in my home country they didn't believe me, even if I proved my wife still has a job , we have an apartment back home, we have our parents which can take care of the child , I have enough money to pay for the plane tickets and I have never overstayed any visa I got. I got refused twice on more reasons than the first time.
It just proves how arbitrary these decisions are. Fortunately for me there are some other options than depending on this immigration system.
Good luck.
Yes, I guess I am. But I was worried about that for the last weeks. I sent them my employment letter and paystubs from my job in Canada, my wife's employment letter and paystubs from her job in Brazil as well as our tax return papers. I also attached an invitation letter, saying that my daughter was coming for my birthday, for her birthday and for the Holydays and that, despite the fact I had applied to sponsor her, she would return to Brazil in January. I made it very clear in the invitation letter that she wouldn't stay longer than her status. Anyways, her passport expires in February. I also included proofs of sponsorship application: Fees receipt, copy of the medical exams form, Canada Post receipt and Canada Post tracking report.

I also sent them copies of my Passport, immigrant visa, PR Card as well as of my wife's and my son's. They all are PR already, except my daughter.

So, I guess not different from your case. It depends on the VO for sure.

Good to know you have other options. Good luck!

mmacedo

Star Member
Jul 5, 2012
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kim016 said:
hi i have 2 kids that i declared as my dependant and they undergone medical with me. i didnt took them with me to accompany me when i went here in canada.my question is, if i want to get them, am i going to start from scratch like start from step 1?
I understand you did your immigration application some time ago, said they wouldn't come with you at that time and they undergone a medical exam. Was it? If so, now you can start a sponsorship process to bring them. It'll start from scratch but it's normally simpler and faster that a Federal Skilled Worker application.

If they just didn't come with you but they received their immigrant visas then they still may come if their visas are valid. If not, you need a sponsorship process from scratch as well.