+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Child, join here!!!

tahaiqbal

Nov 25, 2011
well I applied for my daughter sponsorship from Islamabad in April 2010, got acknowledgement from Islamabad in July2010 after mississuaga approved my application, I constantly in touch with the MP and after numerous reminders; the islamabad embassy send a letter on April 14 2012 stating that my daughter may not qualify for the PR and asked NOA for two years, credit and debit card transactions for past one year lease agreement and financial stability showing that I can take care of my child which was sent to them and received by them on 2nd June 2012, when contacted by the MP they stated that the documents were received on 16th June 2012 and file is under review.

Again the MP contacted on july 20th and they said that the file is in active processing and is in a que to be reviewed by the decision making officer. Now its almost 45 days (according to their statement) but no response from them. My daughter's 2nd medical is going to expire on 7th August 2012.

I need to know how much time Islamabad embassy will take further to finalize the matter.

Thanks

TAHA

badicioiu

Jun 3, 2012
I don't understand this situation. Usually CPC-M does this kind of financial assessments and they already approved you as a sponsor. Did they give you a reason for which your daughter doesn't qualify for PR?

tahaiqbal

Nov 25, 2011
Well, i dont know i am pretty much concern about the time line usually how much time they will take bcz according to their email to the MP, they stated as under: -

"Greetings from Islamabad,

Thank you for your e-mail below. This application is currently in active processing and is in queue to be reviewed by a decision making officer. Requested documents were received on 16 June 2012 and have been forwarded to applicant's file for attachment and for concerned officer's review. Unfortunately, at this point in time a date of finalization can not be communicated.

its the end of july and no news yet.

rozeky_ara

Mar 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2012
AOR Received.
04-06-2012
File Transfer...
13-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-01-2012
Passport Req..
03-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2012 (DM via ECAS 18-08-2012)
LANDED..........
04-10-2012
Hi! I am applying for our a visa with my son to reunite with my husband in Canada... on the site Dependent child are exempt from the permanent residence fee.. how much did you pay for your Baby?.. :)

mmacedo

Star Member
Jul 5, 2012
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rozeky_ara said:
Hi! I am applying for our a visa with my son to reunite with my husband in Canada... on the site Dependent child are exempt from the permanent residence fee.. how much did you pay for your Baby?.. :)
Hi Rozeky_ara, I'm applying for my daughter and I paid $150:

-> $75 - Sponsor
-> $75 - Principal applicant under 22 years of age and a dependent child of the sponsor

You're right, dependent children are exempted from the permanent residence fee.

mmacedo

Star Member
Jul 5, 2012
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tahaiqbal said:
My daughter's 2nd medical is going to expire on 7th August 2012.

I need to know how much time Islamabad embassy will take further to finalize the matter.
Hi Taha,

Sorry, I can't help with the timelines at Islamabad embassy. Anyways, there's another thread in the forum about medical exam validity extension. Have a look: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t106229.0.html. I hope that helps.

Cheers!

rozeky_ara

Mar 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2012
AOR Received.
04-06-2012
File Transfer...
13-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-01-2012
Passport Req..
03-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2012 (DM via ECAS 18-08-2012)
LANDED..........
04-10-2012
mmacedo said:
Hi Rozeky_ara, I'm applying for my daughter and I paid $150:

-> $75 - Sponsor
-> $75 - Principal applicant under 22 years of age and a dependent child of the sponsor

You're right, dependent children are exempted from the permanent residence fee.

Hi! We paid $1190, but we paid $75 for the sponsor and $150 for for my son... :)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp

canadapr78

Aug 3, 2012
Hi am born in india(Punjab) and came to canada before 3 yrs on PR status, working from last 3 yrs had sponsorerd my husband from india, we have straight forward arranged marriage:-

For both of us its second marriage I am widow and he is divorce, parents found a guy for me in india(Mumbai) through matrimonial website and arranged marriage we both are hindu. My 1st marriage was also in india.

I and my child flew from canada and meet in person 4 days before marriage he came to pick us from airport, as marriage date was fixed by parents before that lots of skypee, phone calls, chatts, emails, gifts exchanged because i was in canada and he was in india never meet before, yes but he visited my parents once before marriage (one month before marriage)

Our courtship period after marriage i and my child stayed with him at his house for 1 month which also include honeymoon(10 days honeymoon) and Two 1 day picnics with his parents too.

Almost for Two months we talked and chatt before marriage.

I had child from my 1st husband and he has soon from his 1st marriage but her wife had claimed son and they had mutual divorce without any police case and allegations in indian court, no alimony, monthly pay or no burden, so he is alone now.

Little age different, i am almost 1 yr 5 months older to him, he is younger to me, I am 34 he is 33.

Did proper hindu wedding in front of parents and friends not on huge scale , because for both of us second marriage, also engagement inhouse, honeymoon and small party on her birthday too.

Had submitted 3 months back Hindu priest Certificate, Marriage Hall Certificate, Marriage certificate, PCC, medicals,wedding cards, wedding photos,honeymoon photos, birthday photos, emails , skypee chatt calls, phone bills, gifts bills, shoppings bills,one day picnic photo, his divorce decree, paid fees of $1040 too etc etc.

Can anyone who had DM or in process or PPR or forum member share some light,is there anything needed, me and my child missing him a lot and he too , daily phone calls and skypee are on.

Does this work out simple or complicated.

Thank you in advance for advice.

Aug 4, 2012
Spanish Town
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2012
Doc's Request.
11-25-13
AOR Received.
15-10-2012
File Transfer...
January 2013
Med's Request
11-25-13
Med's Done....
February or March(can't remember) Redo it Dec 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
05-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2014 (collected 25-02-2014)
I can't remember the dates exactly cause I'm here in Canada now for the summer but I can tell you that I did my medical in February 2012 and my criminal records in March 2012 and the completed application was sent in sometime in June 2012 by my Uncle.......I'm going for a dependent child visa my father is the one filing for me......how long does it take for CIC to response?

tok

Nov 16, 2011
Good day every one, i have similar situation, is it possible to remove adopted child from my application due to honest mistake and how can i go about it.

badicioiu

Jun 3, 2012
tok said:
Good day every one, i have similar situation, is it possible to remove adopted child from my application due to honest mistake and how can i go about it.
I guess you have to withdraw the application and submit a new one.

santacruzan

Star Member
Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 20
Doc's Request.
dec 7' 2010
AOR Received.
July 05, 2011
Med's Request
march 2010
Med's Done....
August 3 2011
Hi good evening i just wanna ask regarding the dependent children
i have my kids included in my application they just waiting for their visa the immigration in the Philippines sent us an email we need to submit IMM5604e which is Declaration for non accompanying minor travel to Canada this is my problem my ex husband is being
uncooperative he refused to sign in the document that the immigration was asking for, the only thing we need in order for my kids to release their visa.My ex was asking money and we don't have that money. Before he signed in the document that he's allowing my kids to traveled with me and gave the kids custody and it was notarized by the lawyer too in the Phil. it is possible that i can submit the letter instead of IMM5604 that immigration is asking for.
I am very desperate now its been 4 yrs that i waiting for this to be with my kids
Thank you.

mmacedo

Star Member
Jul 5, 2012
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
santacruzan said:
it is possible that i can submit the letter instead of IMM5604 that immigration is asking for.
Hi santacruzan, I'm sorry I can't help with your question. I'd suggest you to call your VO in Philippines and ask them directly. I guess they'll be able to give you some advice.

All the best!

mmacedo

Star Member
Jul 5, 2012
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
badicioiu said:
Well, I understand to refuse a TRV if at least one of the parents IS NOT in Canada or before the sponsorship. But I am in Canada, I applied for sponsorship, and even if I had not applied is very legitimate to be visited by my family, being daughter, parents or whatever.
What I plan to do right now is to write them an e-mail explaining why I applied for a TRV and showing them the excerpts in their operating manuals.
Maybe somebody will consider that an error was made and they will acknowledge the error. Not many chances, but it may worth to try.

I also applied for CAIPS which must clearly show the officer reasoning (OP 11):
"Officers are reminded to use their own judgment and the flexibility afforded to them by A22(2)
when making decisions in cases with a dual intent aspect. CAIPS and FOSS notes should clearly
demonstrate the officer's reasoning when assessing a case."
I'm really curious how the officer justified his decision.
Hey Badicioiu, any improvement? I just got a TRV for my daughter. It took 2 weeks to be processed by Sao Paulo VO, but we had no problem at all. By the way, my sponsorship application wasn't open yet, but I submitted some proofs of the sponsorship application with my daughter's tourist visa request.