+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DEPENDENT and GOT PREGNANT

Annesanity16

Nov 24, 2020
Hi. We applied for SINP(Saskatchewan International Nominee Program). My husband is the principal and I am a dependant and my 9-year-old kid. We already submit the medical and they already asked for our passport for visa collection for the 3 of us. And then here comes the scenario, I got pregnant. 5-6wks. My question is will it become a problem once we enter the Canadian Immigration? Please answer. Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi. We applied for SINP(Saskatchewan International Nominee Program). My husband is the principal and I am a dependant and my 9-year-old kid. We already submit the medical and they already asked for our passport for visa collection for the 3 of us. And then here comes the scenario, I got pregnant. 5-6wks. My question is will it become a problem once we enter the Canadian Immigration? Please answer. Thanks
Moving to Canada when you are pregnant is no an issue. Will you be settling in SK? To qualify to get a health card and use your health card you must remain in SK for over 6 months. There are separate residency requirements to qualify for healthcare in each province. What healthcare is provided also differs by province.

Annesanity16

Nov 24, 2020
Yes, we have the SINP. I heard that you get the Health card within 3 mos of stay, is that true? We’re from Philippines by the way.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes, we have the SINP. I heard that you get the Health card within 3 mos of stay, is that true? We’re from Philippines by the way.
In order to qualify for healthcare in SK you must plan on living in SK for over 6 months or you can be asked to pay back the cost of your care. That is why I asked if you were remaining in SK. Yes there is a wait time of 3 months. Although I am not sure if there have been any changes due to covid.

https://www.ehealthsask.ca/residents/health-cards/Pages/Eligibility-for-Health-Benefits.aspx