+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependants in Nigeria where to send Passport

Matt83

Apr 30, 2014
Good Day Seniors.
Please I need help your experience. I applied in Canada thro the PNP category and my fill is currently in process at Ottawa CPP April 19, 2014.
My dependants in the application are in Nigeria. Very soon CIC will call for my passport. I'm not sure where my wife would be required to send her passport,
whether Canadian Embassy in Lagos or Ottawa. Please advice based on experience.
Regards.

lilbro

Star Member
Apr 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
Nomination.....
7-11-2013
AOR Received.
13-02-2014
Med's Request
18-03-2014
Med's Done....
21-03-2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
03-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2014
LANDED..........
18-12-2014
Your story is not to clear and explicit maye be u need to state your time line! but from what i can gather i believe u r thru with ur medicals and expecting a mail for passport request. in that case if u r the principal applicant send to the CHC (ottawa) handling ur case since it left NS. i think same applies for ur dependents unless otherwise stated. i would ve said ur wife would send hers to accra ghana since she resides in ghana but since u r the principal applicant then she needs to dhl passport to u and then u send all at once to ottawa.

Matt83 said:
Good Day Seniors.
Please I need help your experience. I applied in Canada thro the PNP category and my fill is currently in process at Ottawa CPP April 19, 2014.
My dependants in the application are in Nigeria. Very soon CIC will call for my passport. I'm not sure where my wife would be required to send her passport,
whether Canadian Embassy in Lagos or Ottawa. Please advice based on experience.
Regards.

Matt83

Apr 30, 2014
Thanks Lilbro.

My timeline inland application PNP Category
Application Rec'd Sydney Nov 1, 2013
Medical Done Dec 20, 2013
Medical Rec'd ECAS Jan 16, 2014
In process April 15, 2014

Basically I'm the principal applicant and my wife included in the application is in Nigeria. I want to avoid delay but at the same time want to make
make the right decision whether she should send to me in Canada her passport in advance or not.

coshx

May 8, 2013
Matt83 said:
Thanks Lilbro.

My timeline inland application PNP Category
Application Rec'd Sydney Nov 1, 2013
Medical Done Dec 20, 2013
Medical Rec'd ECAS Jan 16, 2014
In process April 15, 2014

Basically I'm the principal applicant and my wife included in the application is in Nigeria. I want to avoid delay but at the same time want to make
make the right decision whether she should send to me in Canada her passport in advance or not.
Hey Matt83,

You will submit your passport and that of your dependants together to your visa office. Since you are in Canada & your visa office is CPP-Ottawa, CPP-Ottawa will request for your passport and that of your dependant. The main thing for you is to how to get your wife's passport over to you in Canada. Sending passports by registered mail is not permitted. If you have any friend coming from Nigeria to Canada, write a letter of authorization for the person to bring the passport to you. Ask your wife to write a letter too or you can both write a letter and you both sign it.

The Ghana Visa Office is only for those who's application is processed in Ghana. Note that 'in process' means that you have passed the eligibility check. You should be getting 'passport request' within 2 months from 'in process' status.

Goodluck with your application.

Coshx!

lilbro

Star Member
Apr 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
Nomination.....
7-11-2013
AOR Received.
13-02-2014
Med's Request
18-03-2014
Med's Done....
21-03-2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
03-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2014
LANDED..........
18-12-2014
I believe she can send via dhl to him. otherwise why will a visa office take for example Ghana Accra request for passport to be sent to them via dhl ? Matt83 ask ur spouse to try dhl, fed ex and ups and see what they have to say first, before wasting time to look 4 who's coming to Canada.

coshx said:
Hey Matt83,

You will submit your passport and that of your dependants together to your visa office. Since you are in Canada & your visa office is CPP-Ottawa, CPP-Ottawa will request for your passport and that of your dependant. The main thing for you is to how to get your wife's passport over to you in Canada. Sending passports by registered mail is not permitted. If you have any friend coming from Nigeria to Canada, write a letter of authorization for the person to bring the passport to you. Ask your wife to write a letter too or you can both write a letter and you both sign it.

The Ghana Visa Office is only for those who's application is processed in Ghana. Note that 'in process' means that you have passed the eligibility check. You should be getting 'passport request' within 2 months from 'in process' status.

Goodluck with your application.

Coshx!

Igbin

Star Member
Apr 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You may state your situation to CPP-Ottawa, there are situation where they allow you to send their passport to Accra for their VISA and COPR. I will encourage you to send an email to CPPO when you get PPR requesting if you could send your spouse/family passport to CHC-Accra. I do know of a situation where this was done.

coshx

May 8, 2013
lilbro said:
I believe she can send via dhl to him. otherwise why will a visa office take for example Ghana Accra request for passport to be sent to them via dhl ? Matt83 ask ur spouse to try dhl, fed ex and ups and see what they have to say first, before wasting time to look 4 who's coming to Canada.
Igbin said:
You may state your situation to CPP-Ottawa, there are situation where they allow you to send their passport to Accra for their VISA and COPR. I will encourage you to send an email to CPPO when you get PPR requesting if you could send your spouse/family passport to CHC-Accra. I do know of a situation where this was done.
@ lilbro & Igbin, It is advisable for him to get someone to bring the passport for him. That's the best way. Going by DHL, FEDex or UPS should be the last option. I know someone who's wife sent him her passport from Nigeria using DHL. Canadian Custom officials seized the passport upon arrival in Canada. They were fortunate to get the passport released after a week or two. Lots of people are not so lucky with such situations. Many have had their passports confiscated. You can search on google to find out on forums. This does not mean many people have not used such methods. Lots of people have couriered it & they receive it without any hassle. What you can do is to put the passport in the midst of documents. Try to include a copy of the passport request letter inside the package and write a cover letter with it stating why you are sending the passport by courier. The essence of this is that if the package gets held for further inspection, the officers will see the reason why you are sending it. More so, Ghana is different from Canada. No country allows her passport to be couriered internationally.

@ Igbin, No other visa office can issue her the visa except the visa office of her husband who is the principal applicant. The 2 visas will be serially linked together. More so, CPP-O cannot issue visa for husband and wife is left out. They give the visa to everyone listed in the application.

All the same. Goodluck.

Coshx!

lilbro

Star Member
Apr 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
Nomination.....
7-11-2013
AOR Received.
13-02-2014
Med's Request
18-03-2014
Med's Done....
21-03-2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
03-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2014
LANDED..........
18-12-2014
@ coshx thannks and well said, @ matt83 coshx has said it all. your choice!

coshx said:
@ lilbro & Igbin, It is advisable for him to get someone to bring the passport for him. That's the best way. Going by DHL, FEDex or UPS should be the last option. I know someone who's wife sent him her passport from Nigeria using DHL. Canadian Custom officials seized the passport upon arrival in Canada. They were fortunate to get the passport released after a week or two. Lots of people are not so lucky with such situations. Many have had their passports confiscated. You can search on google to find out on forums. This does not mean many people have not used such methods. Lots of people have couriered it & they receive it without any hassle. What you can do is to put the passport in the midst of documents. Try to include a copy of the passport request letter inside the package and write a cover letter with it stating why you are sending the passport by courier. The essence of this is that if the package gets held for further inspection, the officers will see the reason why you are sending it. More so, Ghana is different from Canada. No country allows her passport to be couriered internationally.

@ Igbin, No other visa office can issue her the visa except the visa office of her husband who is the principal applicant. The 2 visas will be serially linked together. More so, CPP-O cannot issue visa for husband and wife is left out. They give the visa to everyone listed in the application.

All the same. Goodluck.

Coshx!

Igbin

Star Member
Apr 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@matt83: let me know when you have your PPR. I might be able to link you with someone coming to Canada.