App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
Hello all. The applicant had a child over 20 years old on the application (inland sponsorship). At the time, the dependant qualified as a dependant even because they were under 22. The marital status of that dependant changed and CIC was updated. A letter was sent to them informing them of this. The child would no longer be a dependant. They are asking for a notarized letter and that the applicant should state that they are aware that they can never sponsor the child in the future... Which we kno that cos the child is now over 22. The child is not interested in immigration and had been listed as an "additional family member." Anybody with similar experience or even advice on how to approach this?' Thanks.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
I would just send them the notarized letter they are asking for. Of course it is ridiculous, but it will be easier to just do it than to try to explain why it is not necessary. You can include in the letter that you realize you cannot sponsor the child, that she is no longer a dependent anyway, and does not want to immigrate.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
canadianwoman said:
I would just send them the notarized letter they are asking for. Of course it is ridiculous, but it will be easier to just do it than to try to explain why it is not necessary. You can include in the letter that you realize you cannot sponsor the child, that she is no longer a dependent anyway, and does not want to immigrate.
I agreed. Just send them what they are asking for.

suenim

Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
Thanks for the replies. They had sent a letter with this info earlier this year. I had suggested they do that and CIC confirmed that they received it. I don't know if it is because it was not notarized why they didn't "accept" the first letter. They are going to send the notarized one for sure.