+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependant Child-Sponsorship

saraza14

Sep 18, 2013
Dear All,

I have sponsored my newly born daughter from Canada and she is in pakistan. My Step-1 has approved and file has sent to London Visa office.
I recently applied for TRV through online application which is refused.

Anyone has idea that how long it will take at London office to process cases for minors ?? website shows normal processing time is 10 months at London Visa office.

Her medical has also received by CIC.

Waiting for your response.

Regards;
AR

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
It's difficult to know how long it will take as it depends on each case.
Typically, in London, non-visa-exempt cases take longer than visa-exempt, you can see in my signature the spreadsheet for London. There aren't many minor cases, so you will have a hard time finding a timeline. It's also a fairly new thing for CIC ISL to transfer files to London (most cases on the London spreadsheet were non-visa-exempt residing in the UK at the time of application), so it's fairly unknown. THere is a thread for people whose files have been transferred to London from ISL, it might be useful for you to have a look http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-immigration-file-transferred-to-london-office-from-islamabad-t171377.45.html

In general though ( for all VO), minor cases are processed fairly quickly (if it's the case of a minor on its own) as there is less proof to provide for genuine relationship etc. as it's the case for marriage/common-law sponsorship.

Good luck,
Sweden

saraza14

Sep 18, 2013
Hi

Thank you for your quick response, you are right that this is new and unknown on forum as well.

Now cases are going to London directly instead of transfer from Isb to London. My case is very new and not similar to others as they we processed for sometime in Isb and then transferred to London office.

My case is directly sent to London.
Anyone has idea that what can be delay at London office and what can be ask anymore documentation in case of minor while it has approved from Step-1 Canada.

Waiting for resoponse...

Regards;
AR

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
saraza14 said:
Anyone knows about my case ...

waiting for your response.
In last year it took 11 months for 80% of dependent children cases in london. 20% in 7 months. You can expect same time.It can be faster also. They are not treating dependent child application as seperate with spouse application they are almost same.Hope for the best, since it s london you can hope better response time than in islamabad or delhi where child can go to school b4 they give visa

ia001

Feb 7, 2014
I am on same page as AR, and it will be good to get some usefull information here. By the way the information under "Processing Time" is for the whole category of Family Class. I thought it might be a bit quicker for minors.

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
saraza14 said:
@ .. ramkris thank you for your response.

I need more information as commented by Mr. Imran.
Hi Saraza,

I got this information from data.gc.ca and even iam live example f this. i applied for my kid in august 2013 and even after 5 months i didnt get visa where as now people from june july are getting their spouse visa. even if i get visa for my kid in few days whats the difference between spousual and child application 1 month. unfortunately London also has same kind of statistics.

By the way islamabad is worst in that case. Dependent Children 20% in 15M , 30% in 19M,50% in 25M, 70 % in 34 months, 80% in 42M was the track record of islamabad for dependent children only

Do you need any other information from my side? will surely try

ramkris

saraza14

Sep 18, 2013
Hi Ramcris

Thank you for your response.
So it means that minor would considered with spouse cases and can complete in 10 months max. Am I right ?? Or they can extend period more than 10 months processing time.

Regards
Raza

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
saraza14 said:
Hi Ramcris

Thank you for your response.
So it means that minor would considered with spouse cases and can complete in 10 months max. Am I right ?? Or they can extend period more than 10 months processing time.

Regards
Raza
Their records show that. but comparatively dependent children number are far less than spouse visas. some times spouse applications may go well beyond 10 months. If you could see 2012 threads there are still people waiting for visas and even with out updates.

They should also keep some target on child applications like below 3 years in a month. 3-5 in 2 months etc. but they are not doing that.