+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependant Child landing on PR alone

kimiarun

Jun 4, 2018
Is it possible for a dependant child to land on PR with out parents accompanying ?

I have a 2.5 yr daughter (holds COPR) planning to travel along with grandparents who are on visitors visa travelling to canada . Will it be a problem if parents dont accompany while child landing to become PR ?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Is it possible for a dependant child to land on PR with out parents accompanying ?

I have a 2.5 yr daughter (holds COPR) planning to travel along with grandparents who are on visitors visa travelling to canada . Will it be a problem if parents dont accompany while child landing to become PR ?
How did the child become eligible for the landing? Is the child the Principal Applicant?
For a child that age, a parent (possibly, the one who completed/signed the application on the child's behalf) may be required to take the landing.

kimiarun

Jun 4, 2018
How did the child become eligible for the landing? Is the child the Principal Applicant?
For a child that age, a parent (possibly, the one who completed/signed the application on the child's behalf) may be required to take the landing.
No problem. I spoke to IRCC. They said no problem in child traveling with grand parents.
To answer your question i sponsored my kid. Of course kid is the principal applicant but i did all the paper work

Last edited:

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
So IRCC told you it will be a problem, and you're here asking us if there is a problem?

IRCC are the ultimate decision makers here.

kimiarun

Jun 4, 2018
So IRCC told you it will be a problem, and you're here asking us if there is a problem?

IRCC are the ultimate decision makers here.
I'm sorry that was typo. IRCC said no problem in child traveling along with grandparents and completing the PR formalities at the port of entry.
I asked this question first in forum and later got connected to IRCC rep and got the answer.