Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
Hello dentists,
If you have applied to CIC under new rules(26 june 2010 onwards) yet, then pls share your information here............

molarius

Star Member
Aug 2, 2010
hi dr. hasib

have you sent your application?

quick question...

1. my husband & I are both dentists & we have our own practice/clinic since 2005... the clinic is just registered under one name, does the other give a sort of certification?

2. actually my husband is the principal applicant, I am just assigned to do all the paper work/research he is at the same time a dental professor & a hospital dentist... does dental professor still fall under NOC 3113.....

his work experiences goes like this

2005-2010 (present) dentist NOC 3113
2005-2010 (present) dentist/dental professor NOC 3113
2003-2004 dentist/dental professor ( he taught in a different university in another city )

The main duties since it will not fit in the space provided, I just typed see attached job description

name
schedule 3 economic classes-federal skilled workers
question 11. your work experience

detailed job description 1
position title
NOC code 3113
company name
date
detailed duties & responsibilities

my friend who is a medical doctor & is now leaving for canada next month told me to use this format ...

pun123

Mar 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my suggestion is not to confuse the CIO with your language of duties. The CIO may be non medico.

Follow the main duties mention in the NOC and that should be OK. Rest us up to you

gigab

Jan 20, 2009
Calgary
Visa Office......
Guatemala
App. Filed.......
6/July/2009
Doc's Request.
2/Sept./2009
AOR Received.
11/January/2010
File Transfer...
Documents arrived: 17/Dec./2009
Med's Request
1/March/2010 received 26/March/2010
Med's Done....
17April/2010. Additional documents sent 28/April
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
5/May/2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec. 10, 2010. Received January 11, 2011.
LANDED..........
March 10, 2011
Hi
I'm also a dentist applying but under old rule. After Feb.2008
Were are you planning to settle. I've being searching for a lot of information on what to do once we arrived being a foreign trained dentist.
If I can help you feel free to ask as per my experience, of course.

gigab

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
molarius said:
hi dr. hasib

have you sent your application?...........
Hello molarius,
I havnt sent my application yet. As soon as i get my IELTS result i will send it to CIO(Inshaallah)
Trade license/business registration is usually issued in favour of 1 person/clinic/organisation. Since your husband is the main applicant, it would be better if your clinic is registered under his name.
Regarding your 2nd question, Dental professors fall under Unit Group 4121 University Professors
Check the link by yourself to be sure
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2006/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=4&val1=4121&val65=*
The webpage clearly shows that professor of medicine falls under this category so obviously Dental professors will fall under this category.
My advice:
Your husband already have 5 years work exp as a dentist. If he works fulltime (37.5 hours) in his clinic then dont show his work exp as Dental professor.Dont forget NOC code 4121 is not eligible for processing
Now, how to fill in that form?
just mention his work exp as a dentist from 2005 to 2010.
Remember, he is self employed and he has no employer.that's why he will not be able to provide any employer reference letter. To prove his employment he needs to provide some additional documents:
•business/company registration documents,
•proof of business conducted with clients (invoices, bills, client references)
•balance sheets,
•income tax returns, and/or
•proof of your licence to practice (if you are a private practitioner)"

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
gigab said:
Hi
I'm also a dentist applying but under old rule. After Feb.2008
Were are you planning to settle. I've being searching for a lot of information on what to do once we arrived being a foreign trained dentist.
If I can help you feel free to ask as per my experience, of course.

gigab
Gigab, which one is the suitable province in canada for Dentist?

molarius

Star Member
Aug 2, 2010
thank you dr. Hasib, I will just remove it from the list to be sure anyway he already has 5 years work experience as a dentist (private practice...
thanks

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
molarius said:
thank you dr. Hasib, I will just remove it from the list to be sure anyway he already has 5 years work experience as a dentist (private practice...
thanks
U r most welcome...anyway, where r u from? when u r gonna apply?

gigab

Jan 20, 2009
Calgary
Visa Office......
Guatemala
App. Filed.......
6/July/2009
Doc's Request.
2/Sept./2009
AOR Received.
11/January/2010
File Transfer...
Documents arrived: 17/Dec./2009
Med's Request
1/March/2010 received 26/March/2010
Med's Done....
17April/2010. Additional documents sent 28/April
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
5/May/2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec. 10, 2010. Received January 11, 2011.
LANDED..........
March 10, 2011
Dr. Hasib

I'm planning to settle in Toronto or Alberta. Toronto has a variety of places to choose from if your planning to study for example dental hygiene. Alberta does not have that variety of places to study. In Alberta either you enter the 2 year program for foreign dentist that I found very expensive or you study dental hygiene for 3 years. So we are in a difficult situation trying to decide.
What about you? If you have any information please share?

gigab

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
gigab said:
Dr. Hasib

I'm planning to settle in Toronto or Alberta. Toronto has a variety of places to choose from if your planning to study for example dental hygiene. Alberta does not have that variety of places to study. In Alberta either you enter the 2 year program for foreign dentist that I found very expensive or you study dental hygiene for 3 years. So we are in a difficult situation trying to decide.
What about you? If you have any information please share?

gigab
Toronto would be better as per your information. besides many ppl from my country (Bangladesh) have settled there, so i prefer toronto. keep in touch

dreamforcanada

Oct 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dear Dr Hasib

i am a dentist. i am also from Bangladesh.

me & my husband applied for Canada. we r currently waiting for PPR. our visa office is London.

i am really tensed as i have very little info about how dentists from Bangladesh can work in canada or if they have to sit for any exam. my husband is in different profession, so he can't help me in gathering info for dentists

to be honest i was really delighted to c u in this forum as i was searching for someone from Bangladesh who is a dentist & planning to immigrate to Canada.

i think we can help each other & also can share info if Allah takes us in Canada. we can also help each other out if we have to sit for any exam in Canada to work as dentist---of course, if u don't mind.

i look forward to ur response.

Dr.Hasib said:
Hello dentists,
If you have applied to CIC under new rules(26 june 2010 onwards) yet, then pls share your information here............

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
dreamforcanada said:
dear Dr Hasib

i am a dentist. i am also from Bangladesh.

me & my husband applied for Canada. we r currently waiting for PPR. our visa office is London.

i am really tensed as i have very little info about how dentists from Bangladesh can work in canada or if they have to sit for any exam. my husband is in different profession, so he can't help me in gathering info for dentists

to be honest i was really delighted to c u in this forum as i was searching for someone from Bangladesh who is a dentist & planning to immigrate to Canada.

i think we can help each other & also can share info if Allah takes us in Canada. we can also help each other out if we have to sit for any exam in Canada to work as dentist---of course, if u don't mind.

i look forward to ur response.
U r most welcome. u said your visa office is london. Do u live outside bangladesh? anyway, i am quite sure that we have to sit for various exams to practice Dentistry in Canada. but at first we need the visa. When did u apply?keep in touch.

dreamforcanada

Oct 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi Dr Hasib

we live in UK.

we applied last year.

i have sent u a message in ur Inbox.

many thanks.

Dr.Hasib said:
U r most welcome. u said your visa office is london. Do u live outside bangladesh? anyway, i am quite sure that we have to sit for various exams to practice Dentistry in Canada. but at first we need the visa. When did u apply?keep in touch.

aaycee

Dec 27, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2010
Doc's Request.
Document Submitted: 17-03-11
AOR Received.
2nd AOR: 18-2-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
25-02-11
Med's Done....
9-03-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-02-11
VISA ISSUED...
22-7-11
LANDED..........
4th October 2011 Winnipeg :)
Hi... I am also a dentist.what are the options we have to pursue dentistry further in Canada?
I know about dental hygiene course and the other is NDEB.
Is there any other good option with which we can earn good as well as we can live there with dignity.????

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
aaycee said:
Hi... I am also a dentist.what are the options we have to pursue dentistry further in Canada?
I know about dental hygiene course and the other is NDEB.
Is there any other good option with which we can earn good as well as we can live there with dignity.????
i think we should try for NDEB....it would be very hard, rigorous process...