Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
drjainvishal said:
My apologies to Dr hasib for mis spelling your name.

Next....anyone thinking of a survival job till one gets licensed
what about dental assistant As a survival job
it will be hard for us to get a job as dental assistant since it requires license as well.

sanath123

Jun 15, 2011
dr abhishek said:
hello dr.
my file also reached there on 4th of january 2012 only..i am also from India..
please keep in touch with further updates.
me too.what will be next step?.when will bank draft be cashed?how long does it take to get any response from CIO
share if any thing happens.

drjainvishal

Dec 12, 2011
Dr hasib I have Read there are 2 types one intra oral which requires licence and other one which does not.

Dr abhishek plz share your email id or pm me

xehiaa

Jun 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2011
Doc's Request.
November 2013
Med's Request
November 2013
Med's Done....
December 2013
Passport Req..
August 2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 2014
LANDED..........
October 2014
Dear LH84!
I just found your threads here as well.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-many-points-are-rewarded-to-dentist-t92195.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/22-or-20-points-for-dentist-i-canadian-immigration-t66097.15.html
Would you tell me please that case your were talking about was yours or your friend?
And according to what you were telling about your/his education, how many points for how many years you/he got actually?Because I can see slight differences between posts ( in the case on this thread you havn`t mentioned about additional 1 year) I assume that you might made mistake by providing information regarding his awarded points (25)? Can you clarify for me?
Thank you

LH84 said:
Dear Xehia, the postgraduate degree is known as Masters, My friend applied having a 5 years bachelor degree in dentistry and 1 year Graduate diploma in oral biology, he was awarded 25 points since his graduate diploma was issued by a Faculty of Graduate studies. This is clear in the OP6 guide. I think that in your case you'll earn 25 points.
Best regard.

mo7a100

Star Member
Jan 5, 2012
Round Table Meetings with Stakeholders

*Spousal language proficiency

In discussions on the importance of considering the attributes of principal applicants' spouses the question of rewarding the spouse's official language proficiency was raised. There was general support for this under the adaptability factor, and it was felt that it should not be a mandatory requirement. Stakeholders recommended rewarding the official language abilities of the spouse, particularly as it would assist with the integration of the family into Canadian society.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/consultations/fswp/meetings/index.asp

are any one has informaton about this issue?
and may be this issue will apply in July 2012?

thanks

DMD2010

Dec 30, 2011
Hi guys..
I have a 5 yr bachelors degree in dentistry (BDS) from india and a 2 yr DMD degree from US...how many points will i get under education qualifications ??

LH84

Dec 31, 2011
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Dr Xehia.
I was asking about the points that can be awarded for me.
And nobody helped me. I e-mailed my friend who's already in vancouver. He was my colleague in postgraduate diploma and he assumed that he was awarded 25 points. After I read Dr Hasib's explanation, it was clear that with a post-graduate diploma (not masters) i'll be awarded 22 points. I had an skype conversation him today and he told me that would never reach 67 points unless he had 25 education points. In my opinion What is logic is that he had almost 65 points but the VO found he was elligible to be a PR. Dr Hasib what's your Opinion?
Sorry dr xehia for giving you unsure info. Best wishes.

casayed

Champion Member
Feb 9, 2011
BANGLADESH
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th March,2011
AOR Received.
No,IP-26th Nov
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED
File Transfer...
4TH JUNE,2011
Med's Request
1st week of December,2012
Med's Done....
1st week of december 2012
Interview........
Decsion made on24th january,2013(NO INTERVIEW)
Passport Req..
along with mr,passport submission on 2nd week of December12
VISA ISSUED...
28th JANUARY,2013
LANDED..........
PLANNING-*in sha ALLAH on 10th june
DMD2010 said:
Hi guys..
I have a 5 yr bachelors degree in dentistry (BDS) from india and a 2 yr DMD degree from US...how many points will i get under education qualifications ??
If u got certificate and transcript of DMD ur totall educational point will be ---
as I m not sure What DMD is
If it is Masters degree u will get ----25(I m not sure if there is 2 year masters degree for Dentist)
If it is Diploma ----22

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
LH84 said:
Dear Dr Xehia.
I was asking about the points that can be awarded for me.
And nobody helped me. I e-mailed my friend who's already in vancouver. He was my colleague in postgraduate diploma and he assumed that he was awarded 25 points. After I read Dr Hasib's explanation, it was clear that with a post-graduate diploma (not masters) i'll be awarded 22 points. I had an skype conversation him today and he told me that would never reach 67 points unless he had 25 education points. In my opinion What is logic is that he had almost 65 points but the VO found he was elligible to be a PR. Dr Hasib what's your Opinion?
Sorry dr xehia for giving you unsure info. Best wishes.
pls ask your question to Master Qorax...i think he can give better opinion. you can find him here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/updated-topics/-t40175.0.html;topicseen

dr abhishek

Jan 6, 2012
sanath123 said:
me too.what will be next step?.when will bank draft be cashed?how long does it take to get any response from CIO
share if any thing happens.
i think we will have to wait until our files get the approval and reaches the local embassy office of the respective country (for me its New Delhi).

Drafts will only be en cashed after the acceptance and there is no procedure through which we can find out earlier about the draft.

As far as i know it usually takes upto 120 days for any response from CIO.

dr abhishek

Jan 6, 2012
drjainvishal said:
Dr hasib I have Read there are 2 types one intra oral which requires licence and other one which does not.

Dr abhishek plz share your email id or pm me
abhi.8375 @ gmail.com

please do share yours email too.

Are you sure about these 2 types of dental assistant over there? so can we straight away prac. as an assistant(the other one,you mentioned) over there?

mo7a100

Star Member
Jan 5, 2012
hello every body,

I was living in France more than 4 years with residence card,
but now I backed to Egypt and I´m working now in it but still having the resedance card of France.
my wife is the main applicant and we are living and working in Egypt,
the question is?
now I have to get police certificate clearance only from France or I have to send all the file from France because I have its residence card?

thanks

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
maximahilton said:
Dear Dr. Hasib,

Hi! I am a dentist from the Philippines. My documents are ready. If I submit today, will I still make it? What will happen if I try to submit it and did not make it...are they still sending back to me my documents and FEE?

Do you think I should wait for July 2012?

Please advise! Thanks.
Applications received toward the overall cap:as of January 12, 2012
Dentist: 497

if u havn't submitted your application yet, then no need to submit now. wait for next july 2012 application round

mo7a100 said:
hello every body,

I was living in France more than 4 years with residence card,
but now I backed to Egypt and I´m working now in it but still having the resedance card of France.
my wife is the main applicant and we are living and working in Egypt,
the question is?
now I have to get police certificate clearance only from France or I have to send all the file from France because I have its residence card?

thanks
PCC only

mo7a100

Star Member
Jan 5, 2012
Dr.Hasib said:
Applications received toward the overall cap:as of January 12, 2012
Dentist: 497

if u havn't submitted your application yet, then no need to submit now. wait for next july 2012 application round

PCC only
thanks Dr Hasib

DMD2010

Dec 30, 2011
casayed said:
If u got certificate and transcript of DMD ur totall educational point will be ---
as I m not sure What DMD is
If it is Masters degree u will get ----25(I m not sure if there is 2 year masters degree for Dentist)
If it is Diploma ----22
DMD/DDS is dental degree awarded in the US....it is short for Doctor of Dental Medicine...will it count as a Doctorate level degree ?? i do have the transcripts for it....