Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
ElleKay said:
Hi, my husband is a dentist with 5+ years of experience in his private clinic. We are intending to apply to Quebec since he is proficient in French.

Does he need to do the equivalency exam before applying? Or can we apply first and then do it in Canada (if we get accepted hopefully)?

Thank you!
your husband should apply first and after getting PR he can sit for the equivalency exam
By the way,instead of immigration to Quebec he can also apply under federal skill worker category (FSW1)

regards,
Dr.Hasib

violet

Feb 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2011
AOR Received.
21-03-2011; 2nd AOR 08-04-2011
Med's Request
28-04-2011
Med's Done....
17-05-2011
Dr.Hasib said:
Hello dentists,
If you have applied to CIC under new rules(26 june 2010 onwards) yet, then pls share your information here............
Hello Dr. Hasib.

i submitted my documents to CIO last january 26,2011, got my first PER march 21,2011...

i wonder if among the 688 updated 3113 applicants recieved so far, were given a visa & landed to canada already?????

thanks,

violet fr the philippines

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
violet said:
Hello Dr. Hasib.

i submitted my documents to CIO last january 26,2011, got my first PER march 21,2011...

i wonder if among the 688 updated 3113 applicants recieved so far, were given a visa & landed to canada already?????

thanks,

violet fr the philippines
Dear violet,
None among post june 2010 applicants got PR yet.
some Dentists (3113) got Medical and passport request though :D
you can check the status of many post june 2010 applicants here:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AiJy8Qu8lcQbdGxiSnNhME5sVi1uRlZtUWNhOEFwemc&hl=ar&authkey=CLDXsFA#gid=0

regards,
Dr.Hasib

lromero28

Feb 21, 2010
Are dentist from Bangladesh graduated from a reconized dental school? and if not, how can a foreign dentist from a non reconized dental school, fill papework to immigrate to Canada. ???

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
lromero28 said:
Are dentist from Bangladesh graduated from a reconized dental school? and if not, how can a foreign dentist from a non reconized dental school, fill papework to immigrate to Canada. ???
Good question.
Foreign Dentists Can apply if they are graduated(B.D.S degree) from Dental school/college which are recognised in their respected country. However, to practice dentistry after immigration to Canada they must sit for licensing exams set by National Dental Examininig Board, Canada.

regards,
Dr.Hasib

lromero28

Feb 21, 2010
Dr. Hasib:
As follows is one question I posted in this forum a few days ago with its answer. When I mentioned non reconized dental school I meant to say an ADA non reconized dental school. Of course my dental school is recognized in my home country, but I'm really afraid to apply to CIC thinking that they will drop my application because my dental school is not reconized by the American Dental Association and I won't get any points at all based on my professional skills.
Which are the possibilities to get PR if I get all main points and papework?
:eek:
Re: 22 OR 20 POINTS FOR DENTIST I CANADIAN IMMIGRATION
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2011, 07:38:07 am »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: lromero28 on March 25, 2011, 09:59:34 pm
I got 79 points in total, but I'm a dentist from a non accredited dental school. Am I able to send all the paperwork without the equivalency process or I just have to submit the application with my credencials evaluation.? Please reply ASAP

Hi ironmero,

If your degree is not accredited by related authorities in the country of issuance, then you will not be given any points for it.

Hope this answers your question,

Good luck

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
lromero28 said:
Dr. Hasib:
As follows is one question I posted in this forum a few days ago with its answer. When I mentioned non reconized dental school I meant to say an ADA non reconized dental school. Of course my dental school is recognized in my home country, but I'm really afraid to apply to CIC thinking that they will drop my application because my dental school is not reconized by the American Dental Association and I won't get any points at all based on my professional skills.
Which are the possibilities to get PR if I get all main points and papework?
:eek:
Re: 22 OR 20 POINTS FOR DENTIST I CANADIAN IMMIGRATION
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2011, 07:38:07 am »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: lromero28 on March 25, 2011, 09:59:34 pm
I got 79 points in total, but I'm a dentist from a non accredited dental school. Am I able to send all the paperwork without the equivalency process or I just have to submit the application with my credencials evaluation.? Please reply ASAP

Hi ironmero,

If your degree is not accredited by related authorities in the country of issuance, then you will not be given any points for it.

Hope this answers your question,

Good luck
If your degree is recognized in your home country then dont worry, CIO will award you 20 points(submit your degree certificate and transcripts). just like i mentioned in my earlier post, we can migrate Canada with our foreign Non-accredited Dental degree but to practice there as a Dentist we have to go through equivalency process at later stage. By the way, we have to get our degree recognized by NDEB CANADA (http://www.ndeb.ca/en/non_accredited/non_accredited_graduates.html) not ADA

asane

Mar 21, 2011
Hello Guys

Have a question

1) If Internship which is part of curriculum be considered as work ex?

Thanks

aaycee

Dec 27, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2010
Doc's Request.
Document Submitted: 17-03-11
AOR Received.
2nd AOR: 18-2-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
25-02-11
Med's Done....
9-03-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-02-11
VISA ISSUED...
22-7-11
LANDED..........
4th October 2011 Winnipeg :)
asane said:
Hello Guys

Have a question

1) If Internship which is part of curriculum be considered as work ex?

Thanks
No dear.. its not considered...

casayed

Champion Member
Feb 9, 2011
BANGLADESH
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th March,2011
AOR Received.
No,IP-26th Nov
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED
File Transfer...
4TH JUNE,2011
Med's Request
1st week of December,2012
Med's Done....
1st week of december 2012
Interview........
Decsion made on24th january,2013(NO INTERVIEW)
Passport Req..
along with mr,passport submission on 2nd week of December12
VISA ISSUED...
28th JANUARY,2013
LANDED..........
PLANNING-*in sha ALLAH on 10th june
asane said:
Thanks for the quick reply

A
hi my NOC 3113.my application was received 24th march today is 12th april.today I made ph call to my bank bt my bank draft wasnt encashed yet,its been20 days,I think it takes7-15days to encash the bank darft if there is no problem.what do u think about this

ladyk

Jan 5, 2011
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-09-10
AOR Received.
05-01-11
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
2nd AOR Feb 1, 2011
Med's Request
Feb. 11, 2011
Passport Req..
Apr. 15, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Apr. 27, 2011/ rcvd.: May 11
LANDED..........
June 2011
According to a CIIP adviser, it is not true that we can directly take the NDEB without attending the Bridging Program, any comments, please?

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
ladyk said:
According to a CIIP adviser, it is not true that we can directly take the NDEB without attending the Bridging Program, any comments, please?
True. Overseas dentists must go through NDEB Equivalency Process. The Equivalency Process is comprised of three Assessments. Successful completion of the Assessments allows individuals to apply to take the NDEB Written and OSCE Examinations.
Source: http://www.ndeb.ca/en/non_accredited/non_accredited_graduates.html

regards,
Dr.Hasib

ladyk

Jan 5, 2011
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-09-10
AOR Received.
05-01-11
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
2nd AOR Feb 1, 2011
Med's Request
Feb. 11, 2011
Passport Req..
Apr. 15, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Apr. 27, 2011/ rcvd.: May 11
LANDED..........
June 2011
Dr.Hasib said:
True. Overseas dentists must go through NDEB Equivalency Process. The Equivalency Process is comprised of three Assessments. Successful completion of the Assessments allows individuals to apply to take the NDEB Written and OSCE Examinations.
Source: http://www.ndeb.ca/en/non_accredited/non_accredited_graduates.html

regards,
Dr.Hasib
The Bridging Program requires us to attend college/university for 2 years. In my own interpretation, the diagram shows us that if we meet the standards of 3 assessments (fundamental, clinical skills and clinical judgement), we go directly to the certification process, proceed the the written and OSCE examinations and skip the qualifying program. If this is the case, then we have a very long process to undertake. Please enlighten me.
Thank you so much Dr. Hasib!

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
ladyk said:
The Bridging Program requires us to attend college/university for 2 years. In my own interpretation, the diagram shows us that if we meet the standards of 3 assessments (fundamental, clinical skills and clinical judgement, we go directly to the certification process, proceed the the written and OSCE examinations and skip the qualifying program. If this is the case, then we have a very long process to undertake. Please enlighten me.
Thank you so much Dr. Hasib!
attending college/university is not must.
we have 2 options: Either we(Graduates of non-accredited dental programs) must successfully complete an accredited Qualifying or Degree Completion Program(so called Bridging program) OR the NDEB Equivalency Process prior to being eligible to take the NDEB Written and OSCE Examinations.

N.B: your are right...it's a long and rigorous procedure :'(

thanks
Dr.Hasib