App. Filed.......
26th July, 2011
AOR Received.
25th Oct. 2011
File Transfer...
8th Dec. 2011
anil04_10 said:
Dear fellow dentists

I am happy that Dr.Jasraj has come up with some bare facts. I would like to keep this topic going because this is the place where we can share our knowledge, study material and thus help each other ...... Let me explain and give my suggestions to the above points -
Before this I would like to give a brief history of the procedure that ACFD used to follow (prior to the current one). All foreign trained dentists (mainly from Asian / African countries) have got their degrees from Non-accredited colleges. Their degrees are not recognised as far as dentistry in Canada is concerned. So they were supposed to give an exam known an Eligibility Examination (EE) ...... conducted twice in a year. Based on the result (+ your overall academic performance + interview), you may be given admission to any of the 7 colleges (also depends where you have applied). One may have to undergo a basic orientation course and then they will join 3rd year students. After 2 years of completion you have to sit for the qualifying exam (NDEB) including practicals. Then you have to register yourself for the license (again depending on the province where you have studied or want to work).
This was the procedure that they (ACFD) were following till last year. NOW they have added one more option.

- one should appear in nbde in feb.2012 and then 2nd part in june 2012 - Partially correct
Now ACFD has brought NBDE into picture right from EE, calling it as 'Assessment of Fundamental Knowledge' (AFK). Content & Format of the paper (EE Vs AFK) remained the same, i.e. 2 papers (except Feb 2010 - 3 papers). After this step, ACFD changed the procedure. NOW you have 2 options, 1st one - Just like the old method as explained above. 2nd one - They say it's a fast track one!! We have to score a minimum of 75% in AFK. It's all clinical. You have to book your seat/register yourself for the 'Assessment of Clinical Skills' (ACS - 2 days) & 'Assessment of Clinical Judgement' (ACJ - 1 day). Though both the exams are conducted one after the other in a period of 3 days, both are independent of each other. You can prepare for any one and leave the other (giving it next time) .... remember you will be losing that many months (till the next exam is scheduled)......ALSO one has the privilege of taking these exams (AFK, ACS & ACJ) three times. Many candidates are trying to give ACS & ACJ one after the other. AFK is on February 04 .....ACS on June 09 & 10 ..... and ACJ on June 11 (all 2012). As mentioned earlier -- You can even apply to individual universities with your AFK score (1st option)

- it does not cost too much money. - Depends (I feel it is a big amount for 1 time)
I really don't agree with this one ...... NDEB registration (500) + AFK fees (600) + ACS (4000) + ACJ (1500) ... Total (only for exam fees) - CAD 6600 ....... do I have to mention only ... ;) .....
If we opt for the 2 years 'Qualifying Program' - attending individual university requirements itself is a big task ...... And after getting the admission .. 8) ...... paying college fees (tution) will cost us a fortune, which may be anything between 70,000 to 120,000 CAD ... :eek: :eek: ...stretched over 2 years. But positive thing is bank gives loan ..... moreover, future IS safe...... 8) 8) ...... which part does not cost too much money ...... :p

- and needs only 5-6 hrs study from today . - Agreed
We have to start this NOW ...... if we want to become a dentist there.... Do Kaplan, DD I & II (All), Mosby, ASDA I & II (All), MCQs ..... ALL as many times as you can do...... ??? ::) ???

- rest we are here to help you people always - Agreed
As mentioned earlier ... we all are here to share our knowledge and experience. It will be a big help to everyone who wants to settle there as a dentist. Of course, for study material, people must have spent some money and they may ask for some favour .... may exchange or barter or even paypal account ..... ;) .... but it is worth taking these study tips/materials.

- dentist in INDIA should be dentist THERE. - Nope
We are immigrants .... and ofcourse we want to be in the same field where we have expertise. BUT ..... not everything is possible everywhere. There are approximately 90 seats divided between these 7 colleges (for 1st option). Everytime there is an EE / AFK, more than 700 participants will be there + this time almost 1000 dentists are ready to immigrate ..... :eek: ??? :eek: ...... Participants who are writing their exams are holding their PR since last 3-4 years ...some of them are even citizens. Many of them have written their exams 4/5 times ..... So dentist in INDIA should be dentist THERE ...... We must try our best... :-X

- rest your hardwork...good luck - Agreed
That IS the only key for success. Give your best ...and it will show the colour. Time being concentrate only on AFK with scoring above 95%. It will make you reach the target of at least 88% ...which is good enough for admission to one of the colleges. If you are confident of giving ACS & ACJ ...one can join few courses (in Toronto) where they teach different aspects of these clinical tests. ... PREPARE ACCORDINGLY... All the Best

Cheers, aNil

Please see - These are purely my views and observations. I am not discouraging any one. People should judge and then take their own decisions.
dentist in INDIA should be dentist THERE. - Nope

Dr.Anil
it will be better if you crack this exam.
for a better life we have to do it ...

come on yaar!!!

JASRAJ

Star Member
Jul 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26th July, 2011
AOR Received.
25th Oct. 2011
File Transfer...
8th Dec. 2011
Dr.Hasib said:
can we get those books online?
Hi Dr.Hasib
nope , not all the material

anil04_10

Champion Member
Aug 20, 2010
Brampton, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2015 Local Office....: Mississauga
AOR Received.
03-30-2015 In Process......: 06-15-2015 Test.......: 11-26-2015 Oath........: Waiting
hondubai said:
The fees are:...................
“TOTAL IF YOU PASS FROM 1ST TIME IS 8,600 $ “

The study materials:
Kaplan, DD, Released questions, First aid, and mosby
Dear hondubai

Thanks for the extended fees program ....... ;D ....... Yes, correctly said, after we pass through these 3 assessments (AFK, ACS & ACJ), we have to further plan (& appear) for Board exam (written) & OSCE ...... Which will make a total cost of CAD 8,600 .... if one passes at single go....... ??? :-X ???

Cheers, aNil

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
anil04_10 said:
Dear hondubai

Thanks for the extended fees program ....... ;D ....... Yes, correctly said, after we pass through these 3 assessments (AFK, ACS & ACJ), we have to further plan (& appear) for Board exam (written) & OSCE ...... Which will make a total cost of CAD 8,600 .... if one passes at single go....... ??? :-X ???

Cheers, aNil
it's wayyyyyyyy tooooooo much ???

aamirwarsi

Star Member
Aug 13, 2011
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2010
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
12-02-2011
IELTS Request
sent with initial application
Med's Request
06-06-2011
Med's Done....
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Step 1 on 07-09-11, Step 2 on 13-10-11
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-11
heay anil
thanks for your reply and such an extensive info
do u know what could we do till go through all these examz or like stuff
i mean can v work as a assistant or hygienist just after arrival in canda or for that also we have to do some course or exam etc
thanks
aamir

aamirwarsi

Star Member
Aug 13, 2011
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2010
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
12-02-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
06-06-2011
Med's Done....
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-11
heay anil
thanks for your reply and such an extensive info
do u know what could we do till go through all these examz or like stuff
i mean can v work as a assistant or hygienist just after arrival in canda or for that also we have to do some course or exam etc
thanks
aamir

anil04_10

Champion Member
Aug 20, 2010
Brampton, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
03-30-2015 In Process......: 06-15-2015 Test.......: 11-26-2015 Oath........: Waiting
aamirwarsi said:
heay anil
thanks for your reply and .......................... or for that also we have to do some course or exam etc
thanks
aamir
DearAamir

I have already mentioned that both Dental Assistant & Hygienist comes under 'Regulated' profession. One is supposed to have the required certification for these. So one has to do the course, sit for the exam and qualify!! Remember one thing .....if anybody (except IT professional & chefs, with International certification) wants to come to Canada and wants to work in their field .... they HAVE to be in par with Canadian standards. One has to have the minimum qualification required for that particular profession.
Hope this clarified your doubts.

Cheers, aNil

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
anil04_10 said:
DearAamir

I have already mentioned that both Dental Assistant & Hygienist comes under 'Regulated' profession. One is supposed to have the required certification for these. So one has to do the course, sit for the exam and qualify!! Remember one thing .....if anybody (except IT professional & chefs, with International certification) wants to come to Canada and wants to work in their field .... they HAVE to be in par with Canadian standards. One has to have the minimum qualification required for that particular profession.
Hope this clarified your doubts.

Cheers, aNil
Dear anil,

"Dental assistant" could be the best occupation initially, for overseas dentists like us. Good news is this occupation "Dental Assistant" is non regulated in Ontario province only (Mississauga, Oshawa, Toronto, Vaughan regions)
on the other hand This occupation is regulated in the following Provinces and/or Territories:

Alberta
British Columbia
Manitoba
New Brunswick
Newfoundland and Labrador
Nova Scotia
Nunavut
Prince Edward Island
Saskatchewan

source: http://www.workingincanada.gc.ca/report-eng.do?area=9219&lang=en&noc=3411&province=35&keyword=Dentist&action=final&display=regulated

regards,
Dr.Hasib

anil04_10

Champion Member
Aug 20, 2010
Brampton, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Dr.Hasib said:
Dear anil,

"Dental assistant" could be the best occupation initially, .....................
regards,
Dr.Hasib
Hey Hasib ...... I was waiting for this response ...... ;) ...... That is what I mentioned in my earlier post ... that it depends on the province ....... thanks-you brought this point clearly. Moreover, I would also like to bring this one - if you know someone personally, a dentist or a hygienist - they can hire (unofficially) you ...in a sense to help you out initially & to keep you in touch with dentistry ..... :) .......... So choose & decide accordingly.....

Cheers, aNil

anil04_10

Champion Member
Aug 20, 2010
Brampton, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Dear Hondubhai, Hasib, aaycee, Jignesh, Gopi, Jasraj and other dentist friends .............

Please keep the thread alive ...... just bringing the thread to first page ....... ;)

Cheers, aNil

jignesh79

Star Member
Sep 14, 2010
Markham
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Med's Request
22-March-2011
LANDED..........
Landed on 10-September-2011
Hi,
I agree with Hasib bhai. I am going to start as dental assistant initially. And Since I was busy packing things, I was unable to log in. Though I go through this thread whenever I log in.

aamirwarsi

Star Member
Aug 13, 2011
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2010
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
12-02-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
06-06-2011
Med's Done....
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-11
jignesh79 said:
Hi,
I agree with Hasib bhai. I am going to start as dental assistant initially. And Since I was busy packing things, I was unable to log in. Though I go through this thread whenever I log in.
heay jigs
ur case progress so timely and quickly, congrats man
heay do u know how much time new dehli off takes to process medicals
ur case appears bit fast
aamir

shelman

Aug 26, 2011
Hello there,i'm a dentist from Iran who has worked since 7 years ago,i've applied for quebec immigration,but i'm very stressed out about the exams........... :( ,3 steps of assessment(foundamental+clinical skills +clinical judgment) then heading to NDEB exams as written and clinical :(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!am i right??? is this the rule also for quebec????why one time assessment and again NDEB exams??????????????? how strangeeeeeeee !!!!!

Arjun_Singh_76

Jul 25, 2011
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Sent
Interview........
Waived
Dear Dentist Friends,

I have spent some time going through the post in this section and it has been very helpful.
I have a few questions about my work experience
After completing my BDS I was working with a local dentist in my home town in Punjab for about 2.5 Yrs. I was actually preparing for MDS.
I don't have any offer letter or resignation letter from here. But the Doctor has agreed to give me a Letter stating that I was working as a dentist in his clinic with details.
My question is will that be enough ?
Since I was only getting Rs 5000/- per month so never really bothered to file IT returns.

After that I got Married and moved to Bangalore, In Bangalore I joined a Dental college as a Lecturer and dentist.
I worked for 1.25 yrs and have the offer letter & exp letter.
My question is will this experience be counted as Dentist exp. ?

After some gap , right now I am working in a hospital for last 1 yr in a Admin role.

Since there are many gaps in employement ( I have worked of only 5 yrs in last 10 yrs ).Will the gaps in my employment history hamper my chances ??

Would appreciate inputs on my case from Seniors

Thanks in advance.
btw don't go by the name Arjun Singh, this is my husbands account

Regards,
Dr. Shalini

fragrance10

Star Member
Jun 1, 2011
ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
newdelhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-4-2011
Doc's Request.
pcc sent with the application to CIO
AOR Received.
1st AOR 12-7-2011
IELTS Request
send to cio with initial request
File Transfer...
15th august
Med's Request
3rd january 2012
Med's Done....
5th jan 12
Interview........
waived ;)
Passport Req..
3rd jan 12
VISA ISSUED...
19th march 2012
LANDED..........
april 12
drbhatia said:
hi any body has idea whn i should receive 2nd aor from ndvn. Per 19may rbvo 12june. Thks all dentists here
dr bhatia, dont worry , i also applied in April 20 i too havent received my 2nd Aor from NDVO

i think its on the way we will get it soon :D :D :D