+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dental coverage on OHIP for seniors

yalgar

Oct 13, 2013
My parents are on PR and one of them will need to see a dentist
There seems to be a program meant for low income seniors for free dental coverage as long as they are low income
Qs: Is that applicable and worthy to apply for them? Does PGP sponsor income impact their eligibility?

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
No.. but there are some clinics around the city which provide dental services free for some people….try them or negotiate/pay cash!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No.. but there are some clinics around the city which provide dental services free for some people….try them or negotiate/pay cash!
No practicing dentist provide free care. There is often an insurance rate and a non-insurance rate. You are supposed to be financially responsible for your parents. That was one of the requirements of the PGP program.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
It’s not a market in a bazaar. I reached my cap in my benefits, you’re just charged the same amount your benefits would be charged , only difference, you pay.
I would never bargain for reduced rates from a professional who has paid a substantial amount of money to become skilled in their profession.
I’ll try it though with my periodontist
And from your posting history they just re arrived in Canada after being out for a substantial time

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/problems-meeting-residency-obligations-impact.768641/

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My parents are on PR and one of them will need to see a dentist
There seems to be a program meant for low income seniors for free dental coverage as long as they are low income
Qs: Is that applicable and worthy to apply for them? Does PGP sponsor income impact their eligibility?
It doesn’t seem like your parents qualify for OHIP because they only plan to stay for 4 months in Canada. That would mean they don’t qualify for any OHIP services.

clydejs620

Sep 18, 2022
Hi, OP! From what I know, Alberta offers dental assistance for seniors and is provided up to $5,000 of dental coverage, renewed every five years. You can check this page if you want more information on how to submit a dental claim and whether your parents are eligible.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi, OP! From what I know, Alberta offers dental assistance for seniors and is provided up to $5,000 of dental coverage, renewed every five years. You can check scam site if you want more information on how to submit a dental claim and whether your parents are eligible.
OP asked about OHIP. That's for Ontario.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yeah, but one can always make a quick trip to Alberta if Alberta has relaxed rules for freeloaders.
I know this is a joke but in case others aren’t knowledgeable this isn’t possible. You need to be living in Alberta and meet the residency obligation to qualify for healthcare in Alberta to get access to the senior dental program.