+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DENTAL ASSISTANT LICENSE FOR INTERNATIONALLY TRAINED DENTIST

Sep 11, 2017
Hello,

I am an internationally trained dentist and wish to license as a dental assistant for now.

However, I have a query regarding assessment of documents as follows;

"Graduates of a Dental Assisting program (or other equivalent formal allied dental health care program) achieved outside of Canada requires a NDAEB Program Survey provided by the candidate’s educational program clearly indicating the mandatory core skills required for NDAEB exam eligibility were included in that program. If an outline is not currently on file, the NDAEB will contact the program directly to request a program survey on behalf of the candidate. Applicants must provide the NDAEB with the school name, mailing address, email, and name of the program director/ instructor (or other appropriate administrator) of who will complete the survey".

What do I exactly need to do according to this statement? Can anybody please help.

milank115

Dec 29, 2018
Hi,

I am international dentist wanting to register for NDAEB and have confusion with following two:

" DENTAL ASSISTING COURSE WORK REPORT"

"Graduates of a Dental Assisting program (or other equivalent formal allied dental health care program) achieved outside of Canada requires a NDAEB Program Survey provided by the candidate’s educational program clearly indicating the mandatory core skills required for NDAEB exam eligibility were included in that program. If an outline is not currently on file, the NDAEB will contact the program directly to request a program survey on behalf of the candidate. Applicants must provide the NDAEB with the school name, mailing address, email, and name of the program director/ instructor (or other appropriate administrator) of who will complete the survey"

any help will be much appreciated.

babyshamini14

Star Member
Dec 2, 2018
E
Hi,

I am international dentist wanting to register for NDAEB and have confusion with following two:

"Graduates of a Dental Assisting program (or other equivalent formal allied dental health care program) achieved outside of Canada requires a NDAEB Program Survey provided by the candidate’s educational program clearly indicating the mandatory core skills required for NDAEB exam eligibility were included in that program. If an outline is not currently on file, the NDAEB will contact the program directly to request a program survey on behalf of the candidate. Applicants must provide the NDAEB with the school name, mailing address, email, and name of the program director/ instructor (or other appropriate administrator) of who will complete the survey"

Even I'm in same. Situation .. I dint get licence so really not sure

Makkie

Jan 5, 2019
Hello,

I am an internationally trained dentist and wish to license as a dental assistant for now.

However, I have a query regarding assessment of documents as follows;

"Graduates of a Dental Assisting program (or other equivalent formal allied dental health care program) achieved outside of Canada requires a NDAEB Program Survey provided by the candidate’s educational program clearly indicating the mandatory core skills required for NDAEB exam eligibility were included in that program. If an outline is not currently on file, the NDAEB will contact the program directly to request a program survey on behalf of the candidate. Applicants must provide the NDAEB with the school name, mailing address, email, and name of the program director/ instructor (or other appropriate administrator) of who will complete the survey".

What do I exactly need to do according to this statement? Can anybody please help.

hello,
I am an internationally trained dental surgeon, I want to know which is the best body for my certificate verification, WES or physicians apply.
thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hello,
I am an internationally trained dental surgeon, I want to know which is the best body for my certificate verification, WES or physicians apply.
thanks
Unless you are from a very select few countries you will not be able to be able to practice as a physician. Most international medical graduates are both required to pass exams and redo their residency. Due to the limited residency spots internationally trained physicians are not able to get a spot and can't practice. You'll have to look at whether you can get certified through the dentistry licensing board but please research whether it is actually possible and other have been able to get licensed as a dental surgeon before moving to Canada.

Mujahed28

Star Member
Sep 27, 2017
Hi,

Hi
I m in the same boat now , my wife is dentist from india and she want to give dental assistant license exam
But we are getting very confuse on how to start applying especially with work course report
My query is can we write same institution name from where she got her degree in work course report

Mel14

Aug 31, 2018
Hi,

hi,
I was planning to apply to the NDAEB too and was under the impression that it meant we have to submit a detailed copy of our BDS syllabus...
now confused... did anyone find any more info regarding this matter??

Mel14

Aug 31, 2018
Hi
I m in the same boat now , my wife is dentist from india and she want to give dental assistant license exam
But we are getting very confuse on how to start applying especially with work course report
My query is can we write same institution name from where she got her degree in work course report
Hi, why dont u call them up for more info?

sergedest

Dec 9, 2022
Hello,

However, I have a query regarding assessment of documents as follows; Nox Vidmate VLC

Most international medical graduates are both required to pass exams and redo their residency. Due to the limited residency spots internationally trained physicians are not able to get a spot and can't practice.

Last edited: