+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Denied entry by PHAC on Compassionate Grounds but still have medical request from IRCC

Nirvan

Jul 8, 2015
LANDED..........
06-04-2016
I had applied for my mothers super visa couple of months back. The normal processing time was 280 days, so inorder to speed up the process I choose to submit Compassionate entry letter as my wife needed support since we had our second baby. Surprisingly, the super visa process didnt not take that long when we received a request for medical. That was almost within 3 months of super visa application. However, recently I received a letter from PHAC that entry to Canada has been denied as there were no sufficient proof that my mother is coming to provide support for Canadian Permanent Resident!!
My main question is. If PHAC denied my request does that have any impact from IRCC giving me visa if she clears her medical?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I had applied for my mothers super visa couple of months back. The normal processing time was 280 days, so inorder to speed up the process I choose to submit Compassionate entry letter as my wife needed support since we had our second baby. Surprisingly, the super visa process didnt not take that long when we received a request for medical. That was almost within 3 months of super visa application. However, recently I received a letter from PHAC that entry to Canada has been denied as there were no sufficient proof that my mother is coming to provide support for Canadian Permanent Resident!!
My main question is. If PHAC denied my request does that have any impact from IRCC giving me visa if she clears her medical?
No - it doesn't. Super visa is a separate process.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
PHAC is usually for short term emergencies not usually for longterm issues and usually for issues occurring right away. The fact that your mother can not work in Canada but may have indicated that she will be providing help with things like childcare, things like cooking and cleaning, etc. for the next 2 years would be considered illegal work. The only way for grandparents to get approved for PHAC for new grandchildren is to only provide emotional support for a normal pregnancy or a medical reason in pregnancy or postpartum like being on bed rest, baby being in the NICU or having more severe medical issues, etc. Most are only approved for a short period time usually with a TRV not supervisa and usually support is right before or after birth.