+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delivered at 10:18 am on Oct 13 Through UPS signed by Thomas

naturalca

Mar 24, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone has the same situation and is still waiting for AOR? Thanks.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Anyone has the same situation and is still waiting for AOR? Thanks.
I'm sorry if I am going to be that "grumpy" person again, but:
- You are not "still" waiting for AOR (in the sense of: surprisingly long). Most people haven't received AOR, just look at the spreadsheet.
- There is no plausible connection between who signs receipt of your application and processing times.

Reactions: vasvas

naturalca

Mar 24, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm sorry if I am going to be that "grumpy" person again, but:
- You are not "still" waiting for AOR (in the sense of: surprisingly long). Most people haven't received AOR, just look at the spreadsheet.
- There is no plausible connection between who signs receipt of your application and processing times.
Sorry I shouldn't but my friend has very exact same situation as me but got AOR on Oct 26. We sent the application in the same UPS office. I just fear my application has been returned and got lost on the way.

naturalca

Mar 24, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@naturalca

Mention your timeline in your Signature.
It will help us to answer you quickly
By the way applications received of Oct 16, they are in the process of getting AOR.
THOMAS is very new name for us.
Two persons are known for us MARK and RYAN
Could you please us where you send your application
Complete Address?
I sent to the courier address from Waterloo. Thanks.

naturalca

Mar 24, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@naturalca
What exactly you wrote after CPC ( This is also very important to know)
By the way, a lot of applicants in October Thread are still waiting for AOR. you can consider yourself in them.
I called IRCC and was told nothing can be found in their system about my application. My friend and I have the exact delivery (10:18 am) and sent time but he got AOR on Oct 26. The agent told me there's possibility that my application is returned but cannot do anything for me.

rmash

Feb 24, 2013
I called IRCC and was told nothing can be found in their system about my application. My friend and I have the exact delivery (10:18 am) and sent time but he got AOR on Oct 26. The agent told me there's possibility that my application is returned but cannot do anything for me.
Mine is exactly the same time as yours, so you can relax. they don't seem to be processing exactly in the order received. we should hear something soon.

naturalca

Mar 24, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mine is exactly the same time as yours, so you can relax. they don't seem to be processing exactly in the order received. we should hear something soon.
10:18 am? Thanks. I am a bit relieved now.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Or it could be that two different agents are working on your files and your's just hasn't been seen yet. Too early to tell. If a couple more weeks pass, I'd be watching the mailbox.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
If you haven't received AOR yet it is in fact normal that nothing can be found in their system. The whole point of AOR is to enter the application into the system. Until AOR your application is just an envelope in a big pile. Your application might be returned or might not be returned. It is much more likely, though, that your application is simply waiting for AOR.

Sorry I shouldn't but my friend has very exact same situation as me but got AOR on Oct 26. We sent the application in the same UPS office. I just fear my application has been returned and got lost on the way.
You are assuming that letters submitted to the same office will also reach the destination in the same bunch. That is a false assumption. On the way from the UPS store to Sydney, they might very well sort and resort all the letters or really just simply putting them in separate boxes.

I mean, are you aware that the Sydney receives THOUSANDS of letters every day? We are talking about this kind of mail management:
http://idrs.com/assets/bulk-mail-service.jpg

It is in fact very likely that your friend's letter ended up in one pile and your letter ended up in a different pile.

Judging by the numbers in this forum (and that already is a lot of selection bias), at the moment IRCC is handing out AORs on the level of "first tests". Some piles get opened, some piles don't. You cannot reasonably expect that IRCC sorts and handles the mail by incoming day. This has never been the case. It is no news (look at the spreadsheet for the last months) that letters sent roughly the same day (or even on the same day) get AOR quite a bit apart.

It is normal that you don't have AOR right now.

There is only one reasonable thing to do: Enjoy your life and only if you didn't receive AOR by the end of the year should you even consider to maybe starting to get worried.

naturalca

Mar 24, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you haven't received AOR yet it is in fact normal that nothing can be found in their system. The whole point of AOR is to enter the application into the system. Until AOR your application is just an envelope in a big pile. Your application might be returned or might not be returned. It is much more likely, though, that your application is simply waiting for AOR.

You are assuming that letters submitted to the same office will also reach the destination in the same bunch. That is a false assumption. On the way from the UPS store to Sydney, they might very well sort and resort all the letters or really just simply putting them in separate boxes.

I mean, are you aware that the Sydney receives THOUSANDS of letters every day? We are talking about this kind of mail management:
http://idrs.com/assets/bulk-mail-service.jpg

It is in fact very likely that your friend's letter ended up in one pile and your letter ended up in a different pile.

Judging by the numbers in this forum (and that already is a lot of selection bias), at the moment IRCC is handing out AORs on the level of "first tests". Some piles get opened, some piles don't. You cannot reasonably expect that IRCC sorts and handles the mail by incoming day. This has never been the case. It is no news (look at the spreadsheet for the last months) that letters sent roughly the same day (or even on the same day) get AOR quite a bit apart.

It is normal that you don't have AOR right now.

There is only one reasonable thing to do: Enjoy your life and only if you didn't receive AOR by the end of the year should you even consider to maybe starting to get worried.
Thank you very much for your comments!

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Thank you very much for your comments!
You're welcome!

Also, I want to emphasize that I know exactly what this feels like. We've all been through this during PR applications. It makes you feel completely helpless and it is totally normal to be nervous about such an important step in someone's life.

So what I'm trying to say is: I'm just trying to explain the situation, I can at the same time totally understand where you are coming from.

Keeping my fingers crossed! :)

Reactions: naturalca

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013
Dude, if it helps I sent my application by Canada Post w/o tracking. So my application has double the chances of getting lost. I have opened 0 panic threads till date. Its not like CIC is going to shoot you at sight if you dont have your citizenship by such and such date.

Reactions: spyfy and rrlmushu