+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delayed applications of October

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
I called them once. But why it's been opened and never completed then? As far as I know they do not do any background check or something. The only thing is that I sent some extra documents but it shouldn't be the only reason.
The extra documents might not be an issue. I know I am waiting for AOR too. But panicking like its end of the world won't get us AOR earlier. We have no other option but to wait. So chill and enjoy as you won't get this time back. We are going to get Citizenship tomorrow or day after.

Najimi

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
Theoretically it has nothing to do with the application. But I suspect IRCC is conducting some quality assurance on it. I remembered they did the same thing to ON PNP applicants in 2014, holding many applications and not issuing AOR.
Okay, so how long those applications were delayed ?and if you remember a web link of the discussion please share it.

arash1718

Star Member
May 29, 2013
It's weird. If they want to do sth they would give you FN first. Sometime they may re-check your PR application to make sure no misrepresentation is found. However, those processes are conducted AFTER AOR.
I don't think anything was wrong with my PR. even the time period was something around 1400days. I attached rental documents and bank statements. I don't know if these extra documents cause the delay...

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
What's FN? And I don't think anything was wrong with my PR. even the time period was something around 1400days. I attached rental documents and bank statements. I don't know if these extra documents cause the delay...
Do not send anything that's not on Document checklist. Document checklist is there for a purpose. Documents mentioned on document checklist are the one they need to assess your application. Additional documents might not create an issue but won't serve any purpose either.

naturalca

Mar 24, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Okay, so how long those applications were delayed ?and if you remember a web link of the discussion please share it.
Eventually they got PR on time but it takes about 6 months to get AOR.
The link may not be easy to find but the link below is sth related.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/opnp-is-on-hold.236644/

Update: It's even more than six months. I think some may take 10 months to get AOR, RPRF, PPR at almost the same time.

naturalca

Mar 24, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think anything was wrong with my PR. even the time period was something around 1400days. I attached rental documents and bank statements. I don't know if these extra documents cause the delay...
If you have frequent travel history, attaching those documents may be helpful.

Najimi

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
Eventually they got PR on time but it takes about 6 months to get AOR.
The link may not be easy to find but the link below is sth related.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/opnp-is-on-hold.236644/

Update: It's even more than six months. I think some may take 10 months to get AOR, RPRF, PPR at almost the same time.
Thanks, yes but this is related to Work Permit and PR, I do not think that it will be relevant to citizenship application.

naturalca

Mar 24, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks, yes but this is related to Work Permit and PR, I do not think that it will be relevant to citizenship application.
What I intend to say is that IRCC may do similar thing to citizenship applications, i.e. selecting some applications for quality assurance and putting them on-hold without AOR for extraordinary long time. Based on what happened to those without AOR, it definitely reminds me of what they did to ON PNP applicants.

Najimi

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
What I intend to say is that IRCC may do similar thing to citizenship applications, i.e. selecting some applications for quality assurance and putting them on-hold without AOR for extraordinary long time. Based on what happened to those without AOR, it definitely reminds me of what they did to ON PNP applicants.
Yes, it is possible but I hope it will not delay AOR for more than 60 days. My application was delivered on 13 October.

naturalca

Mar 24, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, it is possible but I hope it will not delay AOR for more than 60 days. My application was delivered on 13 October.
Last time (for my PR), I almost got tricked by CIC. This time, for citizenship, I did get tricked...

arash1718

Star Member
May 29, 2013
Why do they do that to us? How hard is it to follow first come first serve? Why do they start 19th when 18th isn't finished yet. I don't get it

Reactions: Najimi

naturalca

Mar 24, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why do they do that to us? How hard is it to follow first come first serve? Why do they start 19th when 18th isn't finished yet. I don't get it
Few days difference is acceptable. But it' been more than seven weeks since the first Oct 13 applicant got the AOR.

Reactions: Najimi