+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What really has happened to Ontario PNP PR applicatios?

Sanosun

Jun 4, 2014
There are several PR applicants who had nominated from Province of Ontario and applied to become a PR. There are many applicants who applied from April, May (myself), etc and have not received any correspondences including AOR, medical, or any confirmation to know the status of their file. (we usually do not have anything except Post confirmation)
Now, PNP Ontario set 2015 target as 5,200 applicants and there are lots of guesses about what has happened and what are the causes of this huge delay!

Does anyone know the causes of this delay? Is there anything we, waiting applicants, can do to speed up the process? Can we apply through Express Entry (if we are eligible)? How can we make sure that our application is truly received by Sydney office?

Thanks for your time and responses

Stealth Assasin

Star Member
May 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2014
Doc's Request.
RCMP & RPRF in May 2015; Additional Docs Sept 2015
AOR Received.
March 2015
Med's Request
May 2015
Med's Done....
May 2015
Passport Req..
January 2016, Thank God!!
LANDED..........
InLand
I applied in mid August. No AOR yet - waiting. Contact CIC, by email or phone and tell them. They are slow, but they can at least acknowledge the receipt of the application within "weeks".

Sanosun

Jun 4, 2014
I emailed them a month ago (Both Ottawa and Sydney offices) received a response from Ottawa that your file is not in our office and you should contact Sydney office. Still no response from Sydney office. Is there any phone number to call?

rdbr

Star Member
Jan 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2014
Nomination.....
**-07-2014
AOR Received.
10-03-2015
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
11-05-2015
Passport Req..
26-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2015
LANDED..........
09-06-2015
There is no phone number to call NS. It's just the email address they reply to and that's all. Your application is probably in NS and not transferred to Ottawa yet.

I also applied on August 11th, and still no AOR. The only thing I got is an email reply from Ottawa that they have my application and will be contacted in any case needed. That's all.

Some rumors say that the Ontario applications are on hold for some reason, but no clue at all.

Sending multiple emails probably won't increase their efficiency, and waiting seems like the only logical option here. Ontario hasn't specified its approach to Express Entry yet, so there is no reasonable method to apply through the EE with our provincial nominee certificates. Most of us would have to renew their certificates since they get expired in couple of months (mine did on January).

Sanosun

Jun 4, 2014
Thank you very much for your response. That's my other concern, I know a couple of my friends who applied around August and received confirmation from Ottawa. Why don't they process 9-months old applications and sending 5-months old application to Ottawa?

tap88

Star Member
May 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2014
Nomination.....
15-06-2014
AOR Received.
02-03-2015
Med's Request
17-03-2015
Med's Done....
04-04-2015
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
Sanosun said:
Thank you very much for your response. That's my other concern, I know a couple of my friends who applied around August and received confirmation from Ottawa. Why don't they process 9-months old applications and sending 5-months old application to Ottawa?
Your friends are ON-PNP applicant?

Sanosun

Jun 4, 2014
I'm trying to list all May to September applicant who have their file processing stopped (including no AOR, med, etc.)
Please share your timeline using this format:

PNP Type:
Date Submitted:
Any Receiving Confirmation (Date/Who):
Application Fee Processed (Date/Credit):
QA Call:
AOR (date):
Medical Requ (date):
--
Job offer on file (Y/N):
Dependent (#):
Any additional comment:

Sanosun

Jun 4, 2014
My timeline:

PNP Type: Ontario - Graduate Master Streams
Date Submitted: May 26th, 2014
Any Receiving Confirmation (Date/Who): No
Application Fee Processed (Date/Credit): Online Credit Card Payment
QA Call: No
AOR (date): No
Medical Requ (date): No
--
Job offer on file (Y/N): No
Dependent (#): 1
Any additional comment:

tap88

Star Member
May 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2014
Nomination.....
15-06-2014
AOR Received.
02-03-2015
Med's Request
17-03-2015
Med's Done....
04-04-2015
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
Sanosun said:
My timeline:

PNP Type: Ontario - Graduate Master Streams
Date Submitted: May 26th, 2014
Any Receiving Confirmation (Date/Who): No
Application Fee Processed (Date/Credit): Online Credit Card Payment
QA Call: No
AOR (date): No
Medical Requ (date): No
--
Job offer on file (Y/N): No

Dependent (#): 1
Any additional comment:
Please make this topic for only ON-PNP...there are lots of diff topics for each month.. it's better to connect only ontario applicant..
if you don't mind..we can connect here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/onpnp-applicant-submitted-file-for-pr-lets-get-together-here-t271250.0.html

liisa227

Star Member
Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
Nomination.....
04-02-2014
AOR Received.
27-08-2014
IELTS Request
not required
Med's Request
27-08-2014
Med's Done....
07-10-2014
I'm not sure if this is relevant information, but I came across something rather interesting..

I found this CIC manual: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op07b-eng.pdf

In section 7.3. it says: "When an individual is nominated by a province for selection in the provincial nominee class, the province sends the certificate of nomination directly to the visa office."

In section 7.6. it says: "When a visa office receives a certificate of nomination under the provincial nominee class, the officer should proceed to issue medical instructions and and carry out normal security screening procedures as soon as possible, provided complete application has been received."

So a visa office will not do anything to an incoming PR application, until it has received the certificate from the nominating province.

This leads me to think that OPNP hasn't been sending the certificates to Sydney/Ottawa, because the QA procedure that was carried out last year showed that there were lots of issues with people who had gained PR through OPNP in the past (mainly misrepresentation, incompetent OPNP staff, downright corruption; audit final report here: http://www.auditor.on.ca/en/reports_en/en14/309en14.pdf).

The audit was carried out between February and August 2014 (which would fit with the timeline of applicants whose files are not moving, namely May-September, since Feb-Mar-Apr applicant would've already gotten their AORs and MERs by the time initial information from the QA started trickling in) and the final report was released in December.

So CIC won't start acknowledging and processing PR files from last year until the OPNP office has quadruple-checked all the provincial nominees and become truly satisfied that the certificates upon which the files are based were rightly issued. They've probably been examining the credentials and employers etc of the applicants a lot more rigorously, hence all the QA calls and additional document requests that were put out throughout last year.

I don't have an official confirmation or source for these thoughts, but it seems fairly clear to me that the delay is at the OPNP end of the line, and not CIC. Hence CIC would not be able to give any solid answers to email/phone queries.

tap88

Star Member
May 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2014
Nomination.....
15-06-2014
AOR Received.
02-03-2015
Med's Request
17-03-2015
Med's Done....
04-04-2015
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
liisa227 said:
I'm not sure if this is relevant information, but I came across something rather interesting..

I found this CIC manual: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op07b-eng.pdf

In section 7.3. it says: "When an individual is nominated by a province for selection in the provincial nominee class, the province sends the certificate of nomination directly to the visa office."

In section 7.6. it says: "When a visa office receives a certificate of nomination under the provincial nominee class, the officer should proceed to issue medical instructions and and carry out normal security screening procedures as soon as possible, provided complete application has been received."

So a visa office will not do anything to an incoming PR application, until it has received the certificate from the nominating province.

This leads me to think that OPNP hasn't been sending the certificates to Sydney/Ottawa, because the QA procedure that was carried out last year showed that there were lots of issues with people who had gained PR through OPNP in the past (mainly misrepresentation, incompetent OPNP staff, downright corruption; audit final report here: http://www.auditor.on.ca/en/reports_en/en14/309en14.pdf).

The audit was carried out between February and August 2014 (which would fit with the timeline of applicants whose files are not moving, namely May-September, since Feb-Mar-Apr applicant would've already gotten their AORs and MERs by the time initial information from the QA started trickling in) and the final report was released in December.

So CIC won't start acknowledging and processing PR files from last year until the OPNP office has quadruple-checked all the provincial nominees and become truly satisfied that the certificates upon which the files are based were rightly issued. They've probably been examining the credentials and employers etc of the applicants a lot more rigorously, hence all the QA calls and additional document requests that were put out throughout last year.

I don't have an official confirmation or source for these thoughts, but it seems fairly clear to me that the delay is at the OPNP end of the line, and not CIC. Hence CIC would not be able to give any solid answers to email/phone queries.
Hi Lisa,
thanks for sharing info but in ONPNP case matches 7.4, as we were given original certificates.

nijjar.login

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
curious_123 said:
This can be one of the reason:

http://www.ocasi.org/ocasi-statement-auditor-general-report-ontario-pnp-program

It is not one. This is the reason. OPNP was under audit and I am not sure if our files are currently under the QA or not but def. it is one of the following reasons:

1). CIC is still waiting on OPNP to conduct QA on all the files that havn`t been QA`d upto now and will process the files once they get a green signal from OPNP OR
2). QA is over now and was done randomly on some candidates and those who didn`t get the QA call are just waiting in the pile. We should consider the fact that some people have been saying that the QA is now over and also the Auditor General`s report says the same OR
3). Nobody will be believe this but it is also possible that the files chosen for QA are to be selected and the rest will be rejected given the delay for AORs. However, as it stands now there is very little chance that this is possible, reason being, the delay is uniform throughout all PNP candidates and I have consulted many lawyers and they say ots not possible that they will reject our application without any reason and also there hasn`t been any indication like that recently. Another fact is that no file has been returned until now.

So, guys lets stay positive and pray.