+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delay in Work permit extension (Inland) (ICT)(LMIA Exempt)

Yaha14

Jun 11, 2017
It
I applied on 18 April with new employer with lmia my file from 15,20 days on processing today had reply from web form request says same it's on processing but no idea when it will give decision
Are you still working for the previous employer or waiting for a new WP to start a job?

Hameshk

Star Member
Mar 17, 2016
Are you still working for the previous employer or waiting for a new WP to start a job?
Yeah I'm working with my employer.
I'm still having work permit until next year August but it's on helper lmia noc c I can't apply pr on it now its noc b yeah I'm eagerly waiting coz I already wait 11 months for lmia and now after almost 5,6 months still no decision made I didn't expect it to be so late it devastating my no. Of life plans but no choice except hope

giovangonzalez

Mar 24, 2018
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
It
I applied on 18 April with new employer with lmia my file from 15,20 days on processing today had reply from web form request says same it's on processing but no idea when it will give decision
Hi Hameshk,

any update?? Nothing here.

Hameshk

Star Member
Mar 17, 2016
Hi Hameshk,

any update?? Nothing here.
Nothing happens I call cic today but she said its still on review, when I ask why it's so delay she said there's nothing I can do you just have to wait ,
So much frustration I don't know wht to do I will wait couple of days then ask to my local mp then may be something happens

Yaha14

Jun 11, 2017
Nothing happens I call cic today but she said its still on review, when I ask why it's so delay she said there's nothing I can do you just have to wait ,
So much frustration I don't know wht to do I will wait couple of days then ask to my local mp then may be something happens
Call them again and ask about detailed notes from GSMC. I think the agent can see those so he can easily say why exactly it is delaying.

Hameshk

Star Member
Mar 17, 2016
Call them again and ask about detailed notes from GSMC. I think the agent can see those so he can easily say why exactly it is delaying.
I call them several times but calling them is not helping speed up the process, agents have no answer why file is delayed and every time they ask me to wait, my file has assigned to someone the guy looks busy with previous files he having, I don't know when he comes to my file

Hameshk

Star Member
Mar 17, 2016
I call them several times but calling them is not helping speed up the process, agents have no answer why file is delayed and every time they ask me to wait, my file has assigned to someone the guy looks busy with previous files he having, I don't know when he comes to my file

Yaha14

Jun 11, 2017
Any updates?

giovangonzalez

Mar 24, 2018
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
That is crazy.

Did you call them?
It was more then 4 months for you. Something is definitely wrong.
Yes, I have called twice and sent two inquiries through the Web Form. I sent a message again last Wednesday. The response is always the same: "You should wait, it will be updated at anytime but there is no ETA"

Yaha14

Jun 11, 2017
Yes, I have called twice and sent two inquiries through the Web Form. I sent a message again last Wednesday. The response is always the same: "You should wait, it will be updated at anytime but there is no ETA"
What is ETA?

Did you think about going flagpoling and get it at the border?

giovangonzalez

Mar 24, 2018
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
What is ETA?

Did you think about going flagpoling and get it at the border?
ETA = Estimated Time.
Yes, I have read about flagpoling but I'm not sure about that. I have been nominated by PNP and I applied for my wife and children's permits, but I heard that there is some risk associated with flagpoling.

Yaha14

Jun 11, 2017
ETA = Estimated Time.
Yes, I have read about flagpoling but I'm not sure about that. I have been nominated by PNP and I applied for my wife and children's permits, but I heard that there is some risk associated with flagpoling.
Oh, I did not know that PNP nomination gives the right to apply for a WP for your dependants.