+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delay in Work permit extension (Inland) (ICT)(LMIA Exempt)

Hameshk

Star Member
Mar 17, 2016
Applied for LMIA exempt closed work permit (main applicant), open work permit (spouse) and two visitor record extension (children) through company lawyer on 24th. Lawyer just confirmed that it has come. He is waiting for hard copy.
Oh wow congratulations its really hard to wait, hopefully we get ours soon

giovangonzalez

Mar 24, 2018
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Applied for LMIA exempt closed work permit (main applicant), open work permit (spouse) and two visitor record extension (children) through company lawyer on 24th. Lawyer just confirmed that it has come. He is waiting for hard copy.
Congratulations!! Good news. I don't receive any update yet. So worried!

Hameshk

Star Member
Mar 17, 2016
No buddy, what about you?
Tomorrow I'll call again
Nothing at my side they just passed those processes time for that week and processed to next week looks like next week wts your status shows on file for mine from 10 days it's on eligibility review I called them yesterday and they say same thing you will get updated soon
And one more thing guys from student to lmia extension are getting result sooner but I'm at lmia to lmia extension looks like this category takes time, wht about you, are you also on same category

Last edited:

giovangonzalez

Mar 24, 2018
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
I just called today and they told me that I'll get an update at anytime.
I'm LMIA exempt

Hameshk

Star Member
Mar 17, 2016
Today I call my consultant again she said the same week you applied files are not getting decisions there are alot files that submitted around 15 to 20 April are having trouble, I hope this week we get some updates

Yaha14

Jun 11, 2017
Today I call my consultant again she said the same week you applied files are not getting decisions there are alot files that submitted around 15 to 20 April are having trouble, I hope this week we get some updates
This is so ridiculous. Once they moved the office to Edmonton the processing time increased a lot! But they promised to reduce the time and it was one of the main points they pushed against closing CPC Vergeville.

My friend applied to change the employer on WP in June 13. Now she has no job and just waiting for a new WP.
Do they even realize how hard is just to be in Canada for 3-4 months without a job waiting for a new WP? This timeline has to me no more than 2 weeks!

Why every other countries can process application within a week and Canada takes months? I am speechless.

Hameshk

Star Member
Mar 17, 2016
This is so ridiculous. Once they moved the office to Edmonton the processing time increased a lot! But they promised to reduce the time and it was one of the main points they pushed against closing CPC Vergeville.

My friend applied to change the employer on WP in June 13. Now she has no job and just waiting for a new WP.
Do they even realize how hard is just to be in Canada for 3-4 months without a job waiting for a new WP? This timeline has to me no more than 2 weeks!

Why every other countries can process application within a week and Canada takes months? I am speechless.
Yeah there been huge delays in processing, my file from 3 weeks showing on processing I call couple of times sent web form too, it only says keep patience will be updated soon don't know when, these guys should understand our situation too either increase manpower or the way this system works . Its really painfull for waiting from so much time

Yaha14

Jun 11, 2017
Yeah there been huge delays in processing, my file from 3 weeks showing on processing I call couple of times sent web form too, it only says keep patience will be updated soon don't know when, these guys should understand our situation too either increase manpower or the way this system works . Its really painfull for waiting from so much time
What do you mean showing on processing?

When did you apply? Is it an extension of WP with the same employer or what?

My friend applied to change the employer inland. She has a valid WP until next year but doesn’t work anymore for the employer. The timeline is crazy! How do they want people to survive without a job here just waiting for 3-4 months?!?!

Hameshk

Star Member
Mar 17, 2016
What do you mean showing on processing?

When did you apply? Is it an extension of WP with the same employer or what?

My friend applied to change the employer inland. She has a valid WP until next year but doesn’t work anymore for the employer. The timeline is crazy! How do they want people to survive without a job here just waiting for 3-4 months?!?!
It
I applied on 18 April with new employer with lmia my file from 15,20 days on processing today had reply from web form request says same it's on processing but no idea when it will give decision