Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
26-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2016
Hello,
I had applied for study permit on November 3( for MS in Electrical engineering at University of Saskatchewan.. I have got assistantship too..Academics 81.6%, Toefl 106). My class started already from January 5. Still no response from High commission, New Delhi yet. Though, university says it would be okay if I arrive there by Jan 18 ( last day for registration) I don't think I can make it, as I haven't been even asked for medical test. I have emailed to the university and supervisor, they said they would provide me deferral letter for May or fall session after Jan 18 , and also I could attend the university even if my visa is approved up to March 15-that is the date of expiry of my Letter of acceptance( but I have pay delay fee $35 at the time of admission)
Here are a few questions, that I would love to have your opinion on.
1. What are the chances that visa office will grant me visa so that I can continue this Jan session, given that class started already.
2. Should I write to the visa office explaining all above mentioned things the university has told me?
3. If visa office asks for deferral letter, should we start our application all over again or, this,application process is continued?
4. If this process is continued for deferral in May, will they give decision immediately or just a few weeks before class start?
Thank you..

ella_ella

Sep 17, 2012
pzz said:
Hello,
I had applied for study permit on November 3( for MS in Electrical engineering at University of Saskatchewan.. I have got assistantship too..Academics 81.6%, Toefl 106). My class started already from January 5. Still no response from High commission, New Delhi yet. Though, university says it would be okay if I arrive there by Jan 18 ( last day for registration) I don't think I can make it, as I haven't been even asked for medical test. I have emailed to the university and supervisor, they said they would provide me deferral letter for May or fall session after Jan 18 , and also I could attend the university even if my visa is approved up to March 15-that is the date of expiry of my Letter of acceptance( but I have pay delay fee $35 at the time of admission)
1. What are the chances that visa office will grant me visa so that I can continue this Jan session, given that class started already.
2. Should I write to the visa office explaining all above mentioned things the university has told me?
3. If visa office asks for deferral letter, should we start our application all over again or, this,application process is continued?
4. If this process is continued for deferral in May, will they give decision immediately or just a few weeks before class start?
Thank you..
Hi, I applied on Oct 24,(inside Canada), the processing time every week changed. When I applied it was just 30 days, now it is 51 days. Today, finally I spoke with an officer, they told me that they put my file as a special case and I have to wait until March 13 or 30?.......sad, but they don't care!!!!..I don't even know what to do?!...to wait or just forget about it and go back home.

sparky01

Jan 13, 2016
I am in the same condition. I have applied for the study permit, not yet received it. My file is in VAC bangalore. My university registration deadline is january 18th same as yours. If I miss this I have to start over again.
Fingers crossed!!

Komal Gupta

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
pzz said:
Hello,
Thank you..
Hi, same thing happened to one of my student last year. I applied online for her and the decision was awaited. I wrote many emails to the visa office but no replies. Since it was online VFS people were having no clue about the application. Then I arranged for the defer offer and applied again (Repeated the entire process) and she got the visa with the new application. The previous one was showing as submitted only.

pzz

Star Member
Dec 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
26-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2016
Komal Gupta said:
Hi, same thing happened to one of my student last year. I applied online for her and the decision was awaited. I wrote many emails to the visa office but no replies. Since it was online VFS people were having no clue about the application. Then I arranged for the defer offer and applied again (Repeated the entire process) and she got the visa with the new application. The previous one was showing as submitted only.
Thank you that was helpful. But, in my case, as i have applied paper based, I have already submitted my passport. And I can't start all over again until the embassy says so.

pzz

Star Member
Dec 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
26-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2016
sparky01 said:
Hello pzz . When did you apply for your study permit?
on NOv 3

sparky01

Jan 13, 2016
I also have the same questions as yours. If deferral is made for May intake.
Do we need to start over again with the necessary documents?
Or If they grant visa, we can travel with that for May intake. Seriously No idea!!
If you get to know please update!

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

pzz said:
Hello,
Thank you..

1. Chances are slim to none. Better forget about it.
2. Not required.
3. No, you don't start a new application. CHC will return your passport along with a letter for deferral request. You will have to submit (or FAX) new LOA along with that request letter and you are done.
4. With in 3 months before the class start date.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Komal Gupta said:

You repeated the whole process because CHC didn't ask you to submit LOD.

pzz

Star Member
Dec 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
26-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2016
J5M said:
Hi,

1. Chances are slim to none. Better forget about it.
2. Not required.
3. No, you don't start a new application. CHC will return your passport along with a letter for deferral request. You will have to submit (or FAX) new LOA along with that request letter and you are done.
4. With in 3 months before the class start date.
thanks a lot.. if it doesn't bother you I expect your opinions on these too..
1. if they return my passport along with request for deferral letter, do they ask me to submit passport again?
2. would it be good to withdraw( here, the risk is that they might not respond to the request for withdrawal :)) this application process and reapply with deferral letter?
3. Have you heard from anyone who were asked for deferral and got visa afterwards? ( just accessing my chances)

betteka

Dec 11, 2015
pzz said:
Hello,
Thank you..
Same case but worst. I applied on 9th Oct and no decision until now. Medical and everything done on Nov. Class started 4th Jan.

I don't know what to expect anymore from CIC.

pzz

Star Member
Dec 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
26-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2016
betteka said:
Same case but worst. I applied on 9th Oct and no decision until now. Medical and everything done on Nov. Class started 4th Jan.

I don't know what to expect anymore from CIC.
hope everything will be fine. in the meantime, if it is okay, can you share your profile ( my email id: prajjwalgautamg@gmail.com)

Jgantoos

Dec 28, 2015
I applied on 16th of October from inside Canada and till now I have no answer!! I called cic they told me I must just wait they can do nothin about it!!

vb38834

Jan 16, 2016
I have applied on Nov 20th & my reporting date in TRU was 4th Jan. After emails from univ, I was forced to defer my admission to May intake. Assuming that Visa guys would reject my Visa since univ dead line has already crossed, I have faxed the new offer letter along with a note regarding my deferral to the Visa office Delhi.

I am getting afraid, will they reject my Visa or what could be the reason, when others got Visa in a month time :(