+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delay in online visit visa

Rubabbabur

Jul 28, 2018
Hey there
I applied on 20th of june for canadian visit visa on urgent basis as my father is hospitalised in toronto east general hospital he is a colon cancer patient and getting his chemos done. He needs someone to be there to take care of him during his chemos. He is bed ridden. I have a sponsership letter from from the hospital where his doctor clearly mentioned that his chemo is on hold so grant her visa on humantarian basis. He is all alone there and he is a pr holder. I am running my business in pakistan as a fashion designer and have attached my income tax papers of 2 years and and bank statement and travelling history. My fathers health card and or card. I have travelled to dubai only for 3 time but stay in dubai was for 3 months.
I dont know why is it taking too much time as it was an appeal to them for the visa. I have no intensions of living there more than the required time. I have showed them the file of my property in pakistan too. My fathers life is on steak please guide me what should I do now? Your help will be much appreciated.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hey there
I applied on 20th of june for canadian visit visa on urgent basis as my father is hospitalised in toronto east general hospital he is a colon cancer patient and getting his chemos done. He needs someone to be there to take care of him during his chemos. He is bed ridden. I have a sponsership letter from from the hospital where his doctor clearly mentioned that his chemo is on hold so grant her visa on humantarian basis. He is all alone there and he is a pr holder. I am running my business in pakistan as a fashion designer and have attached my income tax papers of 2 years and and bank statement and travelling history. My fathers health card and or card. I have travelled to dubai only for 3 time but stay in dubai was for 3 months.
I dont know why is it taking too much time as it was an appeal to them for the visa. I have no intensions of living there more than the required time. I have showed them the file of my property in pakistan too. My fathers life is on steak please guide me what should I do now? Your help will be much appreciated.
Really sorry to hear about your father.

Unfortunately, the family culture in Canada is not like that. To them, those aren’t good enough reasons to grant you a visa, let alone grant you a visa urgently. Your application will be assessed like a regular TRV, based on your socio-economic ties to Pakistan, and not because of your father’s condition.

Rubabbabur

Jul 28, 2018
Really sorry to hear about your father.

Unfortunately, the family culture in Canada is not like that. To them, those aren’t good enough reasons to grant you a visa, let alone grant you a visa urgently. Your application will be assessed like a regular TRV, based on your socio-economic ties to Pakistan, and not because of your father’s condition.
Keeping in consideration the humanitarian history of Canada, cant I plea to canadian high Commission?
What exactly should I do now? Should I keep waiting for them to respond? We literally are in depression because of all this. He doesn't deserve to be there all alone fighting with this disease.

Rubabbabur

Jul 28, 2018
Should i send a IRCC web form to request for early decision? Or I should wait? I have shown enough money to support myself there and I have attached my business place agreement documents too.
Can someone here please guide me

Pmalhi

Star Member
May 8, 2018
Should i send a IRCC web form to request for early decision? Or I should wait? I have shown enough money to support myself there and I have attached my business place agreement documents too.
Can someone here please guide me
You can send a web form, that will be the best option for now. But unfortunately you will have to wait. VOs take their time. sending web forms has helped some applications and for some it didnt change much on the process.
Im waiting for my mothers visa for almost 2 months and they have told me to be patient and wait.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hey there
Unfortunately, processing will take as long as it needs to take. If your application is going through background checks then sending a web form request to expedite will not help.

A few points that might not be accepted by the visa officer:
1. Your dad is already in hospital where he is under medical care. As such, he does not need you as a caregiver. He could need moral support from a family member. Hopefully, your purpose of visit stated this purpose of visit vis-a-vis wanting to 'take care of him'.

2. Also, wanting to take care of your dad is considered to be working illegally on a TRV.

3. As your dad is in hospital/suffering from cancer there's no time frame for his medical treatment and the subsequent recovery. This means the length of your stay can clearly exceed the length stated in your TRV application = The possibility of you overstaying your visit is pretty high although you may not acknowledge it.

4. Travel to Dubai is not counted as travel history because it is super easy to get a visa

Rubabbabur

Jul 28, 2018
Unfortunately, processing will take as long as it needs to take. If your application is going through background checks then sending a web form request to expedite will not help.

A few points that might not be accepted by the visa officer:
1. Your dad is already in hospital where he is under medical care. As such, he does not need you as a caregiver. He could need moral support from a family member. Hopefully, your purpose of visit stated this purpose of visit vis-a-vis wanting to 'take care of him'.

2. Also, wanting to take care of your dad is considered to be working illegally on a TRV.
Thank you

3. As your dad is in hospital/suffering from cancer there's no time frame for his medical treatment and the subsequent recovery. This means the length of your stay can clearly exceed the length stated in your TRV application = The possibility of you overstaying your visit is pretty high although you may not acknowledge it.

4. Travel to Dubai is not counted as travel history because it is super easy to get a visa
Thank you bryanna for your help..yes it was mentioned in the sponsor letter that I want to be there for moral support. Actually he is not supposed to be in the hospital, he should be leaving to home after he is done with his chemotherapy but chemos are so strong that he is unable to get a glass of water on his own. And I have mentioned this reason in my application.
He has to go through 5 round of chemos only so according to that we asked for 3 month visit visa.
I support my mother here financially. My family is dependent on my business so there is no way I can stay there more than 2 months. (I didnt mention it on my application)
I intend to take him back with me to his homeland for 2 months and we have taken permission from the doctor to hold the chemos after 5th round so he can come back with me (I didnt mention this too because I thought its not necessary)

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thank you bryanna for your help..yes it was mentioned in the sponsor letter that I want to be there for moral support. Actually he is not supposed to be in the hospital, he should be leaving to home after he is done with his chemotherapy but chemos are so strong that he is unable to get a glass of water on his own. And I have mentioned this reason in my application.
He has to go through 5 round of chemos only so according to that we asked for 3 month visit visa.
I support my mother here financially. My family is dependent on my business so there is no way I can stay there more than 2 months. (I didnt mention it on my application)
I intend to take him back with me to his homeland for 2 months and we have taken permission from the doctor to hold the chemos after 5th round so he can come back with me (I didnt mention this too because I thought its not necessary)
While I understand the difficult time you and your family are going through, there are a few points you should have probably kept in mind before applying.

1. Did your mom get her PR because of your dad?

2. Wouldn't it have been a much better idea if your mom had to apply instead of you?

3. A visit of 3 months indicates you have weak employment ties

Rubabbabur

Jul 28, 2018
Th
While I understand the difficult time you and your family are going through, there are a few points you should have probably kept in mind before applying.

1. Did your mom get her PR because of your dad?

2. Wouldn't it have been a much better idea if your mom had to apply instead of you?

3. A visit of 3 months indicates you have weak employment ties
They are divorced...I live with my mother
Its been 10 years I am running my business and my employees are trained. I do ready to wear and my 2 months collection is ready with a backup dresses...and once they are sold my workers can repeat the dresses.
But yes you are right I can do much much better while been here but I won't be in loss as its a wedding season.sseason.so its not a weak employment at all. This is the reason I wanted them to arrange an interview which I have requested in my application too so that I can clarify these things. There is no chance of me staying there more than a required time.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
But yes you are right I can do much much better while been here but I won't be in loss as its a wedding season.sseason.so its not a weak employment at all.
As you applied for a 3 months' visit, it indicates that you have weak employment ties otherwise you would not delegate your responsibilities to your employees for this length of time.

This is the reason I wanted them to arrange an interview which I have requested in my application too so that I can clarify these things. There is no chance of me staying there more than a required time.
Interviews are not common and the visa office may not allow one. It's your paperwork that must answer/pre-empt all visa queries

Rubabbabur

Jul 28, 2018
As you applied for a 3 months' visit, it indicates that you have weak employment ties otherwise you would not delegate your responsibilities to your employees for this length of time.

Interviews are not common and the visa office may not allow one. It's your paperwork that must answer/pre-empt all visa queries
So in case of rejection should I apply again with all his repots + the cover letter with well explained situation and a visa for a month only? Will it work? I just want to bring him back with me now untill he is well enough to live there independently. We can go for 2 round of chemos and bring him here.
My uncle is in germany he can accompany him in january when he go back to continue his chemo.
He was diagnosed in 2016..from that time I am continously in touch with his doctor and patient relation office, I can attach all that emails too.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
So in case of rejection should I apply again with all his repots + the cover letter with well explained situation and a visa for a month only? Will it work? I just want to bring him back with me now untill he is well enough to live there independently. We can go for 2 round of chemos and bring him here.
My uncle is in germany he can accompany him in january when he go back to continue his chemo.
He was diagnosed in 2016..from that time I am continously in touch with his doctor and patient relation office, I can attach all that emails too.
Hope for the best.... and then take it from there

Reactions: Rubabbabur

Rubabbabur

Jul 28, 2018
Hope for the best.... and then take it from there
Hi bryanna
I just got a call from my fathers physiotherapist and she told me in detail about his deteriorating condition. He is loosing his will power day by day. He is denying to walk. He is eating less. And they are thinking to move him to palliative care just because he is not responding well due to lonliness.
Please tell me what should we do. My uncle was there and he was doing well but a week ago he left back to germany and my father has stopped talking, doing exercise and everything. He is eating less. It is very important for me to be there and bring him back.
I m still waiting for my visa here please tell me what should I do in this situation? Should I send iRCC webform request? And how to do so?
What if something happens to him. Its a matter of his life.
Waiting for your reply

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi bryanna
I just got a call from my fathers physiotherapist and she told me in detail about his deteriorating condition. He is loosing his will power day by day. He is denying to walk. He is eating less. And they are thinking to move him to palliative care just because he is not responding well due to lonliness.
Please tell me what should we do. My uncle was there and he was doing well but a week ago he left back to germany and my father has stopped talking, doing exercise and everything. He is eating less. It is very important for me to be there and bring him back.
I m still waiting for my visa here please tell me what should I do in this situation? Should I send iRCC webform request? And how to do so?
What if something happens to him. Its a matter of his life.
Waiting for your reply
So sorry to hear about the condition your dad is in. It must be quite traumatic for you and your family.

You can send a IRCC web form + email the Abu Dhabi visa office. Do explain the situation + include any new medical reports and doctors' notes

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp
Email: abu-dhabi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca