+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delay in getting GCMS notes?

Shamrock16

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
I ordered GCMS notes on Sep 29 and supposed to get them in early of November but I still haven't got them. Anyone ordered notes lately and have you got them on time?

rmnlk

Jan 10, 2017
AOR Received.
30-04-2017
It's 59th day for me. Still waiting. Ordered through getgcms.com.

systems.engineer

Star Member
Mar 29, 2017
Washington DC
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
It's 59th day for me. Still waiting. Ordered through getgcms.com.
Most likely your application is stuck. That is when the GCMS notes are not released. Happened with me too. I ordered through GET GCMS and for once thought that they had some issues. But they ended up providing all information, all status requests they had filed. Eventually got to know that I was in SS, and IRCC does not even respond to status requests.

See if you can request GET GCMS to file a complaint with the Information Commissioner of Canada. Though its not covered in your fee you paid them, but in my case they were gracious enough to do it. That is how I got to know the SS and got my notes to after almost 100 days of filing. IRCC just sucks.

rmnlk

Jan 10, 2017
AOR Received.
30-04-2017
Most likely your application is stuck. That is when the GCMS notes are not released. Happened with me too. I ordered through GET GCMS and for once thought that they had some issues. But they ended up providing all information, all status requests they had filed. Eventually got to know that I was in SS, and IRCC does not even respond to status requests.

See if you can request GET GCMS to file a complaint with the Information Commissioner of Canada. Though its not covered in your fee you paid them, but in my case they were gracious enough to do it. That is how I got to know the SS and got my notes to after almost 100 days of filing. IRCC just sucks.
They have already issued my visa. So I don't know what is causing the delay.

SGtoCAD

Jan 27, 2017
I ordered GCMS notes on Sep 29 and supposed to get them in early of November but I still haven't got them. Anyone ordered notes lately and have you got them on time?
Me too. Ordered on the same day as you. I emailed getgcms.com and they said they tried to reach out to IRCC multiple times.

Dream-mer

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Ordered since 14th Oct. On 36th day. Is the delay due to Security Screening? I'm suspecting that since I'm on IP2 for the last 81 days.

mamgain

Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FSW
Ordered since 14th Oct. On 36th day. Is the delay due to Security Screening? I'm suspecting that since I'm on IP2 for the last 81 days.
Hi Dreamer,

After ordering GCMS notes has your additional documents status in CIC profile changed to something like this:

"We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details."

?

Pushpaacna

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
Hi Dreamer,

After ordering GCMS notes has your additional documents status in CIC profile changed to something like this:

"We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details."

?
For mine it did. I ordered GCMS notes on 6th Nov, on 16th Nov my additional doc status changed to that. What does that mean? I am FSWO, Ottawa.

mamgain

Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FSW
For mine it did. I ordered GCMS notes on 6th Nov, on 16th Nov my additional doc status changed to that. What does that mean? I am FSWO, Ottawa.
the popular idea is that it is a system glitch. but maybe it points to the fact that before releasing such notes someone looks at what they are releasing to us and then make this update. I feel this way as not 100% of gcms orders get such update in their profile, and also because people have got such update without ordering gcms notes. I say all this after some research on his forum.

Dream-mer

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Hi Dreamer,

?
Yeah. But my ADR status changed from ''We are reviewing additional docs' to 'We do not need additional docs'.

mamgain

Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FSW
Yeah. But my ADR status changed from ''We are reviewing additional docs' to 'We do not need additional docs'.
As per my 'analytical-conjecture' this happens to people close to ppr....keeping fingers crossed for you. Good luck!

Rayyy

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
Sharing my personal experience as well as from others I've seen:

I ordered my GCMS notes on NOV 2nd, my status was "the docs you provided have been uploaded". On NOV 7th, it changed to "not needed".
The same trend have had happened to others in my group.

It is no coincidence at all, because on NOV 15th I received the job email, thought it was just a generic email i wasn't too excited. On NOV 17th I called CIC to understand where my application stands and the agent told me she does not have the information, because the file is in a LVO. Surprised! She told me it was transferred on NOV 16th... one day after the email..

....same thing happened to another couple applicants.

Reactions: mamgain