+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delay in citizenship grant application

coolfire81

Feb 21, 2014
My citizenship grant application was received on 17 July 2015 ,process started on 15th October 2015
Since then my status online shows in process.

Kindly advise what could be the reason for delay?
What shouldo I do next?

march2016

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As per the CIC processing time, its currently 12 months for routine applications. So you have passed that timeline

"If it has been longer than the time shown since you applied, and you cannot check the status of your application online, you may contact us by using this Web form"

Use the IRCC Webform to request a status update

Later Apply for Access to Information Act to get detailed info on the application if required. Which Local Office is your application ?

ajithpl

Aug 5, 2010
Surrey, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
coolfire81 said:
My citizenship grant application was received on 17 July 2015 ,process started on 15th October 2015
Since then my status online shows in process.

Kindly advise what could be the reason for delay?
What shouldo I do next?
You should call IRCC to check the status and also can order ATIP notes. Unless for any travel/ residency related concerns or criminal check pending, there should not be a delay.

MW2015

Apr 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Moe975 said:
Any news with your case MW2015 ?
I contacted my local MP who was really great and got information within two hours of me talking to her. So very helpful information to talk to your local MP. They have the connections and can get status updates. Here first words to me from the CIC comments were the applications looks wonderful. They were still working on the final Resident Questionnaire form. Since I was just shy of October 1 and that is when my application began processing they said to check back in 3-4 weeks if I don't have a decision made before then and they will get another update. But things appeared positive. I just wished they had more updates to the ECAS status online.