+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delay in Citizenship application processing

Jan 21, 2021
I applied in March 2022. Passed my Test in Nov 2022. Since then I've been waiting for my oath ceremony. Background-Check and Test shows completed. Everything else is "In-Progress", Ceremony - "Not Started". I thought my application was straightforward. Came to the country as a minor and have been living, studying and working here since then.
Why is it taking so long. They say it takes 2-4 months for oath ceremony invitation after test completion. It's been about 9 months now since Test Completion. Contacted MP, they say it's still in-progress which I already know. Contacted IRCC, they say "Everything looks fine, You just wait, ok" bahahaha. I know at-least 5 other people who applied after I completed my Test, they already did ceremony. How does their system work :D.
Got a ghost update on August 3, 2023 but no update since then. Anybody in the same boat?

marygbrasil

Star Member
Mar 1, 2023
Sorry to hear about your struggle! It’s actually not the first time I’ve heard of an issue where someone who applied earlier is taking much longer than the newer cases, I had a somewhat similar experience. You can check the other cases from 2022 on this tracker here and see if the trend you have is common but they’re definitely taking their sweet time with the older cases opposed to the new ones https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/canadian-citizenship-processing-tracker