+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dehli - India - Parents Visit visa

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@nav2016

As your dad has traveled to Canada in the last 10 years, he should have applied under the CAN+ program..... it would've expedited his TRV processing

nav2016

Apr 29, 2016
What is that ? Never saw anything regarding that on the CIC Visa guide. I did not want to apply for the Super Visa, if that is another name for this CAN+ as they have no plans of staying more than 2 months.

Now is too late, but can you send me link to this CAN+ program.

I will email my area MP if I get no status reply next week as it would have crossed their average processing time by then.

nav2016

Apr 29, 2016
I see this news release(site does now allow to post links), which is specific for Mexican citizens. But their does not seem to be a separate form. I did provide proof of his previous travels to US and Canada. Everything is in his passports submitted. He would have received a 10 yr visa last time, if not for his passport expiring in a year back them. My Mom who applied back then at the same time got a 10 year visa. Unlike US, Canada gives visitor visa expiry not beyond passport. US gives a 10 year visa even if passport will expire before that.

CAN+ program:

This facilitation program applies only to Temporary Resident Visa applications (visitor visa). It does not apply to Study or Work Permit applications.
There is no specific application for this program; clients should follow the application process for a Temporary Resident Visa and should attach the documentation that demonstrates they are eligible for this program.
To be eligible for this program, clients must provide evidence that they have travelled to Canada or to the United States in the last 10 years. Examples of evidence: passport entry stamps in these countries, US Border Crossing card.
Travellers that can provide evidence required do not have to provide proof of financial support.
You can apply (i) online or (ii) in at one of three Visa Application Centres (VACs). Those who apply online for their visitor visa will also be assessed for CAN+ and those who meet the program requirements will be processed under the new program.
For those who apply at the VAC, VAC staff will examine applicants’ passports for proof of previous travel to Canada or the United States. They will then automatically direct those applications that meet program requirements to the visa office for expedited processing under CAN+. Please note, VACs do not play a role in the decision-making process and are expressly forbidden to provide any visa-related advice to applicants. All decisions on applications are made by Canadian visa officers at the visa office.
There is no additional cost to be part of this program.
The Document Checklist for a Temporary Resident Visa explains that “if you have travelled to Canada or to the United States in the last ten (10) years and can provide evidence (entry stamps in the passport, US Border Crossing card), no proof of financial support is required.”

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@nav2016

No, CAN+ is not another name for a Super Visa.

CAN+ is available to Indian nationals too who have traveled to Canada or the US in the last 10 years.... or have a valid US visa. VFS Hyderabad staff should've checked your dad's passport before accepting his TRV application.

The application form is the same as the TRV one

You can refer to the CIC website (same links as those for Mexicans)

nav2016

Apr 29, 2016
Ok,I feel stupid now. I read the entire guide and their was no mention of this that I recall. I just pulled open the India visa office specific instructions form IMM5881 and see a check box for submitting proof of previous travel under a CAN+ heading. I did not take a photocopy of this filled form before submitting, but i recall checking it and submitting the proof of previous passport as when he got his new passport, they attached it to the old passport.

I do not see anything else the applicant being asked to do. Yes, VFS start should have asked and might have even checked and not say anything to my dad.

CAN+ or CAN-, I would have hoped they atleast saw this checklist and opened the application first, but that does not seem to be case. He has enough proof of previous travel to Canada and multiple times to US and now visas to UK and Shenghen countries. And to top all of this, all the proof from me as inviter. Really lame how long they take.

howru

Feb 12, 2014
I applied for my parents visitor visa on March 25th. Seems online application is a mistake and a waste of time. Can i apply paper application now or i have to cancel my previous application? Any advice?

nav2016

Apr 29, 2016
howru said:
I applied for my parents visitor visa on March 25th. Seems online application is a mistake and a waste of time. Can i apply paper application now or i have to cancel my previous application? Any advice?
Oh boy, glad I did not do that. I did see it, but the logistics of getting good scanned copies of Dads passport and photos discouraged me. It really is a lame process as people our parents age cannot do this and invitors dont have access to their documents.

The CAN+ program also looks haphazardly implemented as during intake if they do not recognize it, then the application just sits there. And only way to recognize it is from that country specific checklist.

parthnayak5487

Mar 29, 2016
prathyusha said:
hii today i have got two emails stating like 1.my processed passport has been dispatched to vfs and 2. vfs had couriered it to my address.....

exactly it took 19 working days for me......and within how many days ill get my passport?

imm eagerly waiting for my result....please tell me what are the chances of getting my visitor visa to visit my husband who is on study permit for our first marriage anniversary........??

what does the mail indicate? is it a positive sign or...?
Hi prathyusha,
You visa approved or not??

parry1901

Mar 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2010
Med's Done....
1st nov 2013 & 20 march 2014 (new born)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
21 calendar days and nobody is replying..

VFS says email CIC and CIC email no one responds..

Flight ticket delay charges are like CA$ 700 per ticket.

I guess did mistake applying for visa.. passport is stuck..

parry1901

Mar 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Can anyone guide how to get back passports .. i would like to cancel the application.

Dont need visa.

It was paper application thru VFS ahmedabad.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Can anyone guide how to get back passports .. i would like to cancel the application.
You must send a Case Specific Enquiry to cancel/withdraw the applications.

You must include proofs of the US flight tickets and request for the passports to be returned at the earliest. Also, do check with VFS if they can help in any way

Ishneetd

Star Member
Apr 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-12-2015
AOR Received.
19-02-2016
Med's Done....
23-02-2016
LANDED..........
November 2016
Hi

I had applied for my uncle and aunt for Canada visitor visa on 29th March online from India and there hasn't been any update so far. Can anyone guide please what should we do. If has been 35 days already.

Thanks

parry1901

Mar 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Finally after 21 calendar days got an email that passports are sent thru Bluedart.. Flights to USA after 4 days...

Just in time.. hopefully bluedart doesnt mess it up... saved $ 1400 on 2 tickets date change...

Thanks all for your advice..

parry1901

Mar 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2010
Med's Done....