App. Filed.......
06-04-2010
Med's Done....
1st nov 2013 & 20 march 2014 (new born)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Parents have applied for visitors visa (paper submission visa) from VFS Ahmedabad on 12th April, 2016 when the time line wash showing as 13 days wait. Today timeline is showing as 19 days wait for processing.

Got 2 emails :
- File moved to VFS Banglore
- File moved to CIC - Dehli

Now 13 days are over today however there is no news/email about the visa and the original passports.

-Is this 19 days working days or total days?

Parents already have USA trip scheduled for 7th May 2016 - now I am worried if we will have to reschedule the USA trip since they don't have the original passports.

VFS online status says - file sent to CIC delhi on 13th April 2016.

Can i contact CIC Dehli to expedite the process or return the passport? where can i contact? email? phone?

Please guide.

Thanks,
Parry

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
The processing time stated on the CIC website is only an estimate.... and it varies from case to case.

It is 19 calendar days.

At this point (until it crosses at least 19 days), you cannot do anything much..... or you can re-book the US flights.... or withdraw their current TRV applications (use the CSE for this.... you will not get any refunds)

After it crosses 19 days, you can email/send CSEs to request expedited decisions

prathyusha

Star Member
Jun 13, 2014
hii i have similar situation..i have applied visitor visa(paper application) on 4th april 2016,at that time processing time is 13 days...and now it is showing 19 days....

got one mail on 5th april that my application reachd banglore visa office and till date it is showing as processing at banglore visa office

if 19 days are calendar days then today is 22nd day....why it is getting delayed? i have booked my flight ticket on may 7th...now im very tensed...fingers cross....

parry1901

Mar 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
I will wait till monday 2nd may and then reschedule the flight.. sucks!

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
prathyusha said:
hii i have similar situation..i have applied visitor visa(paper application) on 4th april 2016,at that time processing time is 13 days...and now it is showing 19 days....

got one mail on 5th april that my application reachd banglore visa office and till date it is showing as processing at banglore visa office

if 19 days are calendar days then today is 22nd day....why it is getting delayed? i have booked my flight ticket on may 7th...now im very tensed...fingers cross....
Again, the processing times on the site are just estimates. Actually processing times can take anywhere from a few days to a few months. We strongly recommend you do not book flights until you have an approved visa in hand.

parry1901

Mar 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Its scary.. months? hoping for best...

prathyusha

Star Member
Jun 13, 2014
hiiii i have booked my up and down ticket to show them as proof that ill leave within the mentioned time....thay are asking for return flight ticket so i have booked to and fro ticket....?

why does it takes months for some applications???

some of them getting reply with a week-10 days also...

M

mikeymyke

You shouldn't have done that. You only need a flight itinerary to show your intended departure and arrival dates. You DON'T need to buy the actual tickets. It doesn't make sense to buy the tickets because what if you get a refusal and they're not refundable? Only buy the tickets when you get the visa.

vinpat

Apr 25, 2016
prathyusha said:
why does it takes months for some applications???
Exactly. Why does it take months for some applications?

I don't think the problem is that it takes months. I think the problem is that we have no idea why.

I wouldn't mind so much waiting for two months as long as they kept telling me what was going on. May be they are stuck with something where I can help!

There should be a difference between processing time and response time. It's understandable if processing is taking time. But at least tell me what the issue is!

Just casually displaying a number on their website and then throwing their hands in the air and saying "the processing times are only an estimate and don't ask us anything further" sounds like a very irresponsible approach to me.

prathyusha

Star Member
Jun 13, 2014
yes i do support that they are simply saying it is an average time and different from case to case...some will take more than a month and some application even in a week....why does it happen to some applications? why can't they tell us the exact reason of delay....???

i have applied for TRV to visit my husband and celebrate our first anniversary on may 10th...but these processing times are really suckss...it is taking too long and my hopes are getting down...that i cant celebrate our anniversary together.........

parry1901

Mar 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Now the next issue is if I postpone the tickets.. what should be next ticket dates... ? how long to postpone the trip? 1 week? 3 week or months?

Feeling helpless :(

M

mikeymyke

parry1901 said:
Now the next issue is if I postpone the tickets.. what should be next ticket dates... ? how long to postpone the trip? 1 week? 3 week or months?

Feeling helpless :(
As I said before, you shouldn't have bought the tickets without getting the visa first. An itinerary would've been good enough to show your departure and arrival dates. Since its too late for that, the next best thing would be to wait until they get the visa, then change it to the appropriate date.

prathyusha

Star Member
Jun 13, 2014
hii today i have got two emails stating like 1.my processed passport has been dispatched to vfs and 2. vfs had couriered it to my address.....

exactly it took 19 working days for me......and within how many days ill get my passport?

imm eagerly waiting for my result....please tell me what are the chances of getting my visitor visa to visit my husband who is on study permit for our first marriage anniversary........??

what does the mail indicate? is it a positive sign or...?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Prathyusha,

There's no way of knowing if you have a TRV until you open your passport. You'll most probably get your passport tomorrow, through Blue Dart, depending on which city you live in

All the best :)

nav2016

Apr 29, 2016
prathyusha said:
hii today i have got two emails stating like 1.my processed passport has been dispatched to vfs and 2. vfs had couriered it to my address.....

exactly it took 19 working days for me......and within how many days ill get my passport?

imm eagerly waiting for my result....please tell me what are the chances of getting my visitor visa to visit my husband who is on study permit for our first marriage anniversary........??

what does the mail indicate? is it a positive sign or...?
Oh I just created another thread on this topic as I was searching for timeline threads for Bangalore office. Did not realize they can even send it to Delhi from Bangalore.

I have similar timeline Application submitted on 11th April in Hyderabad and it is still showing processing at Bangalore office after 18 days. Hoping it gets done midnext week, as they have tickets booked for 19th May departure for a 10 day Europe trip and then from there to US and sometime later to Canada. My Dad already had applied for a visitor visa 4 years back and got it and visited Canada. He already has US visitors visa and recently applied and got UK and Shenghen visa. The UK and Shenghen visas did not take more than 10 days. Canada really needs to pull their socks up as now is the visiting weather for people coming from hot climates and this kind of timeline is really not acceptable. They are processing Refugee applications faster than this.