+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deferral. Need Advice.

rednessjunk

Jul 1, 2022
Hello.

I applied for SDS last year and got approved but only after one month after classes started. I contacted the school and they deferred me to next (this) year and I need advice:

-Do I need to apply again or can I enter Canada using the same application I took last year? It says it is valid until 2024.

-I was told by Abdussalam Khan from this forum (thank you for the help if you are reading this) that I need to inform the IIRC about my deferral so I did but that was months ago and I haven't received any sort of response from them. Is this normal? Should I be expecting a new letter of introduction from them or can I still use the one I currently have?

-My medical expires on July 6 and my classes start at September 6. I want to leave before my medical expires...would this be a bad idea? I've seen that leaving for more than 31+ days earlier than your first day of class could cause trouble but I'm also seeing some posts that say it is fine. Can I get a definitive answer for this?

On the official site it says "There is no set time frame for you to arrive in Canada before you begin your studies. You should just arrive to give yourself a reasonable amount of time to prepare before you start studying."

This reads like I'll be able to enter fine but I'd like to be sure.

Thank you for any help.