+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Declined an Invitation

Jun 28, 2020
Hello everyone,
I declined an invitation..cause i got the ITA before the completion of 1 year canadian experience..i had like 2 weeks remaining..now my 1 year is completed..but July 8th draw went like 478..no program specified..my score is in 450..what I want to know is that..i know I am back in the pool..but will they invite me again..when the score goes down..i mean its not like hey she declined it lets not invite her..or do I have to update my ielts score to get them to notice me again..i mean I know if the score keeps going up.. i will definitely have to give my ielts again..just to get better grades in that..i mean I had my reasons to decline..but first n foremost I actually never thought I would get the invitation..and boom here i am..
Please someone reply me..pleasee

Jun 28, 2020
Hello everyone,
I declined an invitation..cause i got the ITA before the completion of 1 year canadian experience..i had like 2 weeks remaining..now my 1 year is completed..but July 8th draw went like 478..no program specified..my score is in 450..what I want to know is that..i know I am back in the pool..but will they invite me again..when the score goes down..i mean its not like hey she declined it lets not invite her..or do I have to update my ielts score to get them to notice me again..i mean I know if the score keeps going up.. i will definitely have to give my ielts again..just to get better grades in that..i mean I had my reasons to decline..but first n foremost I actually never thought I would get the invitation..and boom here i am..
My whole family is freaking out..i don't know what to do

Banana woman

Dec 10, 2019
My whole family is freaking out..i don't know what to do
Sorry about that..now that general draw has resumed, I don’t think we will see CEC only draw anytime soon and I also don’t see the point dropping to 450+ too. I guess the only thing you can do is try to max out your IELTS.

Jun 28, 2020
Sorry about that..now that general draw has resumed, I don’t think we will see CEC only draw anytime soon and I also don’t see the point dropping to 450+ too. I guess the only thing you can do is try to max out your IELTS.
My fingers r crossed..i am hoping for few more cec draw with less score..but yeah I am ready to give my ielts as well..

Dami90

Star Member
Jun 5, 2019
Why would you decline the invite over '2 weeks'. you should have accepted and submitted after the 2 weeks. you got bad advice probably, you can only hope, max out IELTS or learn french

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Very big mistake declining the ITA.

Now unless you can improve your score, you really have to hope for another CEC only draw.

All you needed to do was just wait at least two weeks before you submitted your AOR, and you would have been fine.

r_sr

Jul 1, 2020
What’s done is done, don’t let the comments above pull you down. Nobody knows what will happen with future points, so don’t worry about it.

If you decline an invitation, you can get invited again, so it won’t necessarily affect future applications.

Apply again when you have all the documents ready and wait. Good luck!

Reactions: dsthapak

shomaro

Jan 6, 2020
The decline of this ITA is reasonable. If your work experience is less than 1 year upon ITA then you are not meeting MEC of CEC and thus will be rejected anyway even if you submit documents after you fulfilled one year experience. MEC should be met on both ITA and e-APR date, according to IRCC guidelines. This is a system glitch but it won't be a factor of IRCC officer to consider. It is very unfortunate to have general draw resumed right after your decline of ITA but keep your hope and keep getting documents ready. Best wishes.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone,
Don't count on there being another CEC only draw. There might be - but there also may not be. Focus on increasing your score. Your current score is too low to be selected through the general draws.

Dami90

Star Member
Jun 5, 2019
The decline of this ITA is reasonable. If your work experience is less than 1 year upon ITA then you are not meeting MEC of CEC and thus will be rejected anyway even if you submit documents after you fulfilled one year experience. MEC should be met on both ITA and e-APR date, according to IRCC guidelines. This is a system glitch but it won't be a factor of IRCC officer to consider. It is very unfortunate to have general draw resumed right after your decline of ITA but keep your hope and keep getting documents ready. Best wishes.
Cic has consistently accepted applications submitted after 1 year but gotten few weeks before completion. In my case I had 3 different jobs, 2 of them were 45 weeks and the 3rd over 7 weeks. I waited and waited, declinded ITA, only for CIC to completely ignore my 3rd Job and only consider my first 2 jobs in my gcms notes. there are also lots of similar examples. Others can learn from this. there is even a tweet by IRCC about this

Last edited:

LaFontaine

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
Hello everyone,
It makes sense you declined your ITA. I agree with Shomaro above. You have to meet 1 year upon ITA, not just your e-APR. Don't lose hope, just work on increasing your IELTS scores and find additional ways to increase your CRS points :) Good luck!

Reactions: jes_ON and dsthapak

dsthapak

Star Member
Apr 20, 2019
I just don't know what to say..
I mean I m very much stressed...
I am still in the pool..or should I withdraw my profile n submit it again..
I contacted the cic they told me to decline as the end results will be a rejection..
should I do my medicals n pcc I mean they are valid for 1 year right?
or should I wait for the ita again n den start gathering the documents

LaFontaine

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
I just don't know what to say..
I mean I m very much stressed...
I am still in the pool..or should I withdraw my profile n submit it again..
I contacted the cic they told me to decline as the end results will be a rejection..
should I do my medicals n pcc I mean they are valid for 1 year right?
or should I wait for the ita again n den start gathering the documents
Do not withdraw your profile. Wait until you are invited to do your medicals. I believe PCC is only valid for 6 months (not sure), unless you don't go back to the country since your PCC has been issued.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Cic has consistently accepted applications submitted after 1 year but gotten few weeks before completion. In my case I had 3 different jobs, 2 of them were 45 weeks and the 3rd over 7 weeks. I waited and waited, declinded ITA, only for CIC to completely ignore my 3rd Job and only consider my first 2 jobs in my gcms notes. there are also lots of similar examples. Others can learn from this. there is even a tweet by IRCC about this
I can't understand what you were saying about your case, but CIC has consistently refused people who were not eligible at the time of the ITA.

shomaro

Jan 6, 2020
Even if IRCC only listed the first two jobs in the GCMS note, it doesn't necessarily mean that you won't get refused if you accepted the ITA before fulfilling one-year work experience.

What I want to emphasize that it is clear listed that on IRCC website that the minimum requirement should be met on both dates of ITA and e-APR:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html