+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Declaring "Property you owned before you arrived in Canada"

Dutta1503

Jun 16, 2021
Dear All,
As per CRA website we have to declare " Property you owned before you arrived in Canada" when you arrive in Canada .
My question is
1. Is there a format for declaring the fair market value (FMV)
. If there is from where we can get the same and if a sample can be shared. What should be the Currency while declaring FMV?
2. is the format for declaring the same for movable and immovable property.

3. Since we did not declare the same when we first entered Canada with COPR , can we do it when we enter the second time when actually entering Canada to stay.

Rgds,

Homeowner

Jun 12, 2021
Dear All,
As per CRA website we have to declare " Property you owned before you arrived in Canada" when you arrive in Canada .
My question is
1. Is there a format for declaring the fair market value (FMV)
. If there is from where we can get the same and if a sample can be shared. What should be the Currency while declaring FMV?
2. is the format for declaring the same for movable and immovable property.

3. Since we did not declare the same when we first entered Canada with COPR , can we do it when we enter the second time when actually entering Canada to stay.

Rgds,
there is a form which you need to file for with property description and fmv. i dont recollect it but you can find it on their website. also to note at COPR whatever assets movable or immoveable you had declared are exempted from any tax but not after that as you need to declare many things later including source of fund , income from investment etc. better get a legal tax advise from an accountant prior to making any decision on the same.