+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Declaring Length of Stay at Primary Inspection Kiosk

Carson_99

Dec 17, 2019
Hello, just a general inquiry about the process of using a primary inspection kiosk and declaring your length of stay in Canada. As an international student living in Canada with a valid study permit, I am legally allowed to remain in Canada until the date of my permit's expiration. However, I am curious what (if any) repercussions there would be if I were to enter Canada and declare my length of stay for a certain length of time at a primary inspection kiosk, but due to changes in travel plans leave Canada later than the date declared (but before my study permit expires)? Would this have any implications on the next time I re-entered Canada?
E.g.: Entered Canada in the fall to study, intending to fly home for my university's reading week but decided to stay in Canada for an additional 3 weeks until the end of the fall term and beginning of the winter study break.

Cheers!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello, just a general inquiry about the process of using a primary inspection kiosk and declaring your length of stay in Canada. As an international student living in Canada with a valid study permit, I am legally allowed to remain in Canada until the date of my permit's expiration. However, I am curious what (if any) repercussions there would be if I were to enter Canada and declare my length of stay for a certain length of time at a primary inspection kiosk, but due to changes in travel plans leave Canada later than the date declared (but before my study permit expires)? Would this have any implications on the next time I re-entered Canada?
E.g.: Entered Canada in the fall to study, intending to fly home for my university's reading week but decided to stay in Canada for an additional 3 weeks until the end of the fall term and beginning of the winter study break.

Cheers!
No repercussions.

truthprev

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
Hi There,

When I entered Canada with my parents (on visitor visa), I remember entering 5 months as period of stay like they made us enter.. I entered 5 months cause that's what we have said in the application.. now I am super scared because 5 months ended on 20thMarch.. I mean I was of the firm believer that if nothing is marked on your passport or a visitor record is issued you are good for 6 months but disucssing with some people here they are saying the date you yourself entered in the Kiosk is what they would consider.. Could someone please advise if it is still 6 months if nothing is mentioned on the passport or visitor record?