+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Declaring amount of work experience

Mar 14, 2020
Hi all,

I currently held my first job in Canada in my NOC field but I was let go from the job just prior it would have been 1 year of work experience. I was let go just 2 weeks prior it would have been a complete 1 year of work experience.

Now, I created my profile in the Express Entry and in the work history section, there is only month and year for 'From' and 'To' fields to specify for the work experience. I accurately portrayed the beginning and end month of my work experience. After I was finished submitting my Express Entry profile, in my total points, I was awarded points for 1 year of Canadian work experience, however, in my Record of Employment, I am 2 weeks short of 1 year.

Should I be worried of the fact that the application wizard didn't ask to specify the days of the work experience, only month and year? Could this cause an issue when I am asked to submit documents regarding my work experience?

Any suggestions on how should I deal with this?

Thank you for your time!

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
That's just how the system was designed. It does the calculation by months not days.

So strictly speaking, no, you don't have one year of work experience. Whether it could cause any issue, No one can tell you for sure, maybe your application will be refused, maybe visa officer will cut you some slack.

If you want to be safe, find another job.