+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECLARE MARRIAGE? Or no? Not legal marriage ?

Pehsawarlove

Oct 6, 2021
Hello.
Applying for a TRP, for Pakistani National to visit canada

me (Canadian) and him, legally married in Pakistan.

Canada doesn’t recognize it, because my divorce to someone else hasn’t been finalized. I was married in Ontario.

so, I’m in a pickle

On the application it’s asking what his martial status is…..what should I put? Single? We don’t wanna lie? But at the same time immigration would not consider our marriage legal anyways.

can someone, call IRCC for us, and ask? Cause I’m literally trying to call but im in Pakistan. I called foreign affairs, marriage lawyer, divorce laywer, Toronto marriage licence office and everyone said IRCC can only give the straight answer but the call can’t be accepted from outside of Canada.

anyone know what to do?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello.
Applying for a TRP, for Pakistani National to visit canada

me (Canadian) and him, legally married in Pakistan.

Canada doesn’t recognize it, because my divorce to someone else hasn’t been finalized. I was married in Ontario.

so, I’m in a pickle

On the application it’s asking what his martial status is…..what should I put? Single? We don’t wanna lie? But at the same time immigration would not consider our marriage legal anyways.

can someone, call IRCC for us, and ask? Cause I’m literally trying to call but im in Pakistan. I called foreign affairs, marriage lawyer, divorce laywer, Toronto marriage licence office and everyone said IRCC can only give the straight answer but the call can’t be accepted from outside of Canada.

anyone know what to do?
Why are you applying for a TRP and not a TRV? TRPs are for individuals who are otherwise inadmissible to Canada (typically due to a crime). Is he inadmissible to Canada?

Pehsawarlove

Oct 6, 2021
Why are you applying for a TRP and not a TRV? TRPs are for individuals who are otherwise inadmissible to Canada (typically due to a crime). Is he inadmissible to Canada?
Oh sorry yes I mean a tourist visa

He has no criminal record and never been denied a visa to any country