+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

declaration card to be jointly filled or separately, PR condition not met...

ranjitbuttar

Aug 12, 2013
Hi

My parents had to go back to their previous country due to some emergency for a month. They were not able to complete 2 years out of last 5 years and we were planning to renew the cards once they complete the 2 years. They were here and were just short of completing 2 years. However, unfortunately they had to leave before the pr card expiry date. Now they are coming back just 1 week before PR card expiry (for Mother) and 1 month before pr card expiry for dad. I know the best bet is through going through kiosk machine as they can avoid the possible questioning of CBSA officer and in worst case being reported to CIC. Now I have a question that since father has better chances of not being held than mother. And if he passes and mother is held and her immigration status is revoked, he can sponsor her again as spouse.
Please help me whther they should fill in declaration card jointly or separately. There is a officer standing after kiosk machine who can direct them to cbsa officer which they would face anyways if they dont go through kiosk. Now should they fill jointly or separately the declaration card. Please help!!

ranjitbuttar

Aug 12, 2013
Re: Automated clearance machine: declaration card to be jointly filled or separately

Also, my Mom got serious medical condition here and since the treatment was at slow pace we had to send her and my father to previous country to get faster treatment. They are having medical reports from both canada and previous country stating her emergency medical condition. in case they are help when coming back, how to make use of those medical reports to get entry on humanitarian grounds..

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
They need to fill the declaration card jointly if they are arriving on the same flight. If they are arriving on the same flight but fill out the declaration cards separately and say they aren't traveling with a family member - then they will be lying on their declaration cards. Lying on your declaration card is a horrible idea and a really good way to make trouble for yourself.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ranjitbuttar,

1. They can fill out the cards either jointly or separately since the declaration form states you 'may' list up to 4 people living at the same address.

2. If one parent loses PR they can sponsor the other one subject to meeting the eligibility rules when this happens.

3. Why sweat what will happen at the border if as it seems they have H&C medical reasons for the days shortfall. If CBSA agent asks about absence bring this up and have documentary proof. Do the same for any report and associated legal proceedings. As a side issue hoping to evade being reported by using the automated gates may or may not be successful so those relying on it may get an unpleasant surprise.

ranjitbuttar

Aug 12, 2013
Their PR cards will be still valid and just short of about a week to be expired. The automated machine i hope reads whether PR card is valid or not...not that it will read how many days left and the person meets residency obligation upto the PR expiry date or not

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ranjitbuttar said:
Their PR cards will be still valid and just short of about a week to be expired. The automated machine i hope reads whether PR card is valid or not...not that it will read how many days left and the person meets residency obligation upto the PR expiry date or not
The machines read document type and validity but you also scan the declaration card which has the day you left Canada plus you pass by a CBSA agent to make sure the documents used are yours...after all if it was just a 'swipe and go' option what's to stop people giving their buddy their passport/PR Card for the trip eh! CBSA agent could refer you to Secondary and there they have all the time to dig into your story...but my point is that with valid H&c reasons why sweat being sent to Secondary if that's what happens. The Automated Gates are yet another Residency Obligation breach loophole that CBSA inadvertently created in trying to speed travelers through the airport!