+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decision Made

Gotchaa

Star Member
Aug 9, 2007
I havnt been asked anything yet. My wife called me after her initial hearing that they will send her a file in two weeks and they will also send a file to Islamabad for further processing. Our lawyer told us it usually takes around 6 months atleast to get a visa. I am hoping and praying to be there by Christmas if all goes well.

kessa

Star Member
Nov 10, 2008
May I know what's the decision made? I can't read it here the result.. I hope everything will be fine.

maroraza

Star Member
Jan 11, 2008
kessa said:
May I know what's the decision made? I can't read it here the result.. I hope everything will be fine.
yes dear we remember you and i came online after maybe 7 months and saw this good news finaly you got visa , did you remember what we all told you while you lost your hope ? hope you remember see result anyway congraulations and good luck for future

tamana

Aug 21, 2008
kessa said:
Dear , i am happy that finaly you get visa. i am in same posttion as you are. can you please tell me how mach the lawyer charge and how you made apple and total time that it takes

tamana

Aug 21, 2008
kessa said:
Dear , i am happy that you get your visa, and wish you happy life,
i have some question from you, coz i am at the same posstion as you were,

1. how long does it take to apeal
2. how u apeal from islamabad or from canada
3 how much does the lawyar charege on you
thanks

Gotchaa

Star Member
Aug 9, 2007
hi tamana, thanks for your kind words. After we appealed, it took us 10 months to get the visa. Appeal is usually filed by the sponsor in Canada to Immigration Appeal Division (IAD) and the lawyer cost us approximately 4000 Canadian dollars.

RPM

Star Member
Oct 2, 2008
Congratulations Gotchaa! I knew you from this forum from the time I first applied for my Visa. Good luck.

M

med

my hands are crossed for you Gotchaa i hope you will hear good news from them soon you really deserve to get a PR its too much waiting and agonoy for both of and ur wife , god will be ith you bro

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
Gotchaa said:
hi tamana, thanks for your kind words. After we appealed, it took us 10 months to get the visa. Appeal is usually filed by the sponsor in Canada to Immigration Appeal Division (IAD) and the lawyer cost us approximately 4000 Canadian dollars.
Hi,

I am so happy that you finally received your Visa. I know it has been a very long road for you.

I wish you and your Wife a very happy future together.

New Horison

Star Member
Sep 13, 2008
Gotchaa,

Congratulations!!! Please give me and other people know about the lawyer's information who was in charge of your appeal. If we meet any wrong cases with CIC, we will contact him or her to appeal.

Cheers

boujasim

Nov 12, 2008
gotchaa, am happy for you. hope the rest of us will get our PR soon

btw after you won your appeal,did they ask you to re-do your medicals or any security checks?

Gotchaa

Star Member
Aug 9, 2007
Thank you hoping75, RPM, New Horison, med and boujasim for your kind words. med I have got PR already :). My prayers are with all of you for the best in near future. I will talk to my lawyer and will revert back to you if he/she allows me to give contact details here. I sent my renewed medical and new police clearance certificate, along with the decision of IAD so that it will save time. I didnt waited for CIC to tell me to go for medical. That certainly helped as they accepted my renewed medical. Thanks once again for wishing me good luck. I will do my best to be a good citizen and contribute towards the betterment of my new country.