+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decision Made

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
Gotcha what a sad ending! I hope you will recover from this and make a wise decision on what to do. I would advise to revisit the questions asked by the immigration officer during your interview, reflect on them and try to see what might have crossed some doubts in your relationship, evidence etc. Its not only the marriage certificate they will look at i pressume many things behind bars. do you have a child together or any thing that might have triggered a strong bond. Wish you luck with whatever step you wish to take.

LCS

May 5, 2005
Gotchaa,
I'm absolutely shocked!!! Is there a reason why? Can you think of one? Was it to do with family ties still to your country? I can't think of a reason why they would refuse you? What an awful surprise. You must go ahead with an appeal.
It makes me worry that we still might be refused in the end.
LCS

maroraza

Star Member
Jan 11, 2008
Sorry to hear that, but refusal reason mostly in marriage case are when people are not able prove enough that marriage or relationship is true , if its true then you dont need to worry even though they refuse you last year they refused my friend he got marry too but later in appeal they prove their case is true and 3 months ago he got visa and now they are together so dont lose hope go for appeal as soon as possible and i am sure they must give you reason that why they refuse you or where you case lack so focus on that point and provide them more information related their question i believe you will get visa if relationship is true , good luck

Gotchaa

Star Member
Aug 9, 2007
they have not given me clear cut reasons for refusal just said that i entered into marriage for the sake of PR. Can I write them to provide me specific reasons leading them to refuse my case? Someone told me that I can request for review before appeal by providing extra evidence. But my wife has already lodged an appeal. Now we are going to hire a lawyer in few days.

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
Gochaa good step for an appeal and now that you will be thinkin of hiring a lawyer, you will be in good hands and advice. So many things are always considered when it comes to marriage issues as some marrigates they think are bogus. You will need to prove harder and harder to the cic.
The reason specified by cic that you got marriage because of PR is very specific and straight forward. You will need to think and work on things you yourself think were reasons for them not to trust your marriage.

To my perspective they might have thougth?
have your lived together?
How long you have lived apart?
evidence to show that you are supporting her in canada?
Communications before you got marriage or thought of marriage?
kids together? dna etc.

Dont mis understand me but is just my perspection.

Hope things get on well.
G

maroraza

Star Member
Jan 11, 2008
Hi,
in 2006 they refuse my friend on same basis that relationship is not true but their relationship was true and they went for appeal and hire lawyer and finaly by the end of 2007 embassy gave him visa so dont lost hope if relationship is true , good luck

Gotchaa said:
they have not given me clear cut reasons for refusal just said that i entered into marriage for the sake of PR. Can I write them to provide me specific reasons leading them to refuse my case? Someone told me that I can request for review before appeal by providing extra evidence. But my wife has already lodged an appeal. Now we are going to hire a lawyer in few days.

S

stewarpe

Hi

I can imagine how u maight feel, They refuse my dad from sponsering one of his dependant children, stuff like these are so sad. I say u should Appeal Appeal it. I believe ur marriage is genuine.

Gotchaa

Star Member
Aug 9, 2007
We have won our appeal, against refusal of my application, through Alternate Dispute Resolution! Now I dont know how much time will it take more to start reprocessing and finalization till i actually be able to land in Canada and kiss my wife! Can anyone tell me about time frame please?

LCS

May 5, 2005
Gotchaa said:
We have won our appeal, against refusal of my application, through Alternate Dispute Resolution! Now I dont know how much time will it take more to start reprocessing and finalization till i actually be able to land in Canada and kiss my wife! Can anyone tell me about time frame please?
Gotchaa, I answered your other email you wrote me, and I see here you won your appeal. CONGRATULATIONS.
Have you been asked for renewed or current medical and police checks or your passport? That "should" be the point where the final stages are happening.