+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decision Made

fez

Oct 24, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
PPR delay is probably due to Canada Post strike. They are applying a new method for Quebec. Check the blue box in this link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=748&top=22
This process is after applicants receive their permanent resident visa. For all of us, we only have a 'decision made' status but no follow up emails for CIC.

They first have to request our passports and provide COPR. Then, we will be part of the next step which you have sent the link to.

But, thanks for the help. This waiting period is very stressful.

tobyvo

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
PPR sent via email, so we can't blame Canada Post for this.
I think that they are worried when they issue PPR to us, we will send our passport via Canada Post and it may cause trouble since they are on strike. As far as I know, CIC doesnt accept any other courier except Canada Post

fez

Oct 24, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
I think that they are worried when they issue PPR to us, we will send our passport via Canada Post and it may cause trouble since they are on strike. As far as I know, CIC doesnt accept any other courier except Canada Post
CIC does accept FedEx. I sent my passport to them via FedEx last time I had to renew my temporary resident visa. Canada Post is usually on strike, so I always use courier. It says on their website that is up to us what we want to use.

Reactions: tobyvo

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
CIC does accept FedEx. I sent my passport to them via FedEx last time I had to renew my temporary resident visa. Canada Post is usually on strike, so I always use courier. It says on their website that is up to us what we want to use.
When they send PPR email, they clearly state in that people within canada should only use canada post, no other courier.

I have used purolator previously when applying work permit or TRV But for PPR it is just canada post.

Reactions: tobyvo