+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decision Made

LBDJ

Star Member
Nov 22, 2017
Markham, ON
This week (Monday November 20th 2017) my husbands application status says Decision Made but the permanent residence application status still says in the process. According to what i have been reading i am waiting to receive a letter either in letter form or email form. Am i correct? And approximently how long do i have to wait until i hear something? I would really like to have my husband here for Christmas I'm hoping for good news!!!

Reactions: KandyK

Canada91

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
Calgary, AB
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga / Ottawa
App. Filed.......
17-03-2017
AOR Received.
26-04-2017
Med's Done....
26-09-2016
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
This week (Monday November 20th 2017) my husbands application status says Decision Made but the permanent residence application status still says in the process. According to what i have been reading i am waiting to receive a letter either in letter form or email form. Am i correct? And approximently how long do i have to wait until i hear something? I would really like to have my husband here for Christmas I'm hoping for good news!!!
First off, congratulations!

What visa office are you going through? If it's a more common one, sometimes you can find threads that have Excel spreadsheets tracking the timelines of various applicants.

The timing from every visa office is different, and the timing can vary for case by case as well. Hoping you hear something soon!

Landing_PR

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
App. Filed.......
Dec 10, 15
Doc's Request.
Sept 28, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 4, 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 19, 2016
Med's Done....
Dec 3, 2015/Re-Med: April 25, 2017
Interview........
15-05-2017
Both sides PA and SPR needs to say Decision Made

KandyK

Feb 9, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
O4-04-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
File Transfer...
05/10/2017
Med's Request
19/07/2017
Med's Done....
03/08/2017
LANDED..........
10/19/2017
Decison made for the Sponsor side means he was approved as your sponsor and now they are working on your part of the application.
Congrats on Decison made for the Sponsor side means he was approved as your sponsor and now they are working on your part of the application.

It can still take some time before yours is completed. hope it go quickly.

LBDJ

Star Member
Nov 22, 2017
Markham, ON
Decison made for the Sponsor side means he was approved as your sponsor and now they are working on your part of the application.

Congrats on Decison made for the Sponsor side means he was approved as your sponsor and now they are working on your part of the application.

Thank you very much i hope so as well according to the immigration website it should take 12 months for processing and this is the 13th month so i am sure something can happen anyway now

LBDJ

Star Member
Nov 22, 2017
Markham, ON
First off, congratulations!

What visa office are you going through? If it's a more common one, sometimes you can find threads that have Excel spreadsheets tracking the timelines of various applicants.

The timing from every visa office is different, and the timing can vary for case by case as well. Hoping you hear something soon!
Thank you very much! I am going through the Canadian Immigration and my husband is from the Dominican Republic. According to the immigration website processing time takes 12 months and this month is the 13th month so i am sure we will hear something soon right? Where can i find these spreadsheets you speak of?

Canada91

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
Calgary, AB
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga / Ottawa
App. Filed.......
17-03-2017
AOR Received.
26-04-2017
Med's Done....
26-09-2016
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
Thank you very much! I am going through the Canadian Immigration and my husband is from the Dominican Republic. According to the immigration website processing time takes 12 months and this month is the 13th month so i am sure we will hear something soon right? Where can i find these spreadsheets you speak of?
Looks like the Dominican Republic's visa office is Mexico. Here's a link to the Mexico thread on the forum - there should be a spreadsheet which other members have created in there. If you don't have the time to search each page, you can always ask them! Best of luck!

Link: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/mexico.35385/page-1051

LBDJ

Star Member
Nov 22, 2017
Markham, ON
Reactions: Canada91

LBDJ

Star Member
Nov 22, 2017
Markham, ON
So i still have not received or heard anything should i be worried? it still says DM and the permanent resident section says in process. What does this all mean? seriously what takes so long? its really taking a toll on both my husband and I.

Mini2016

Star Member
May 18, 2016
So i still have not received or heard anything should i be worried? it still says DM and the permanent resident section says in process. What does this all mean? seriously what takes so long? its really taking a toll on both my husband and I.
It just simply means that you as a aponsorer are eligible to sponsor your spouse. That is the first step in the process which is absolutely normal. I hate to say this but mine has been like that for months. The right side which says In Process pertains to your spouse. They need to complete the eligibility, medical and Background check which is the final steps and then that will also change to DM. I hope this helps.

LBDJ

Star Member
Nov 22, 2017
Markham, ON

Thank you. Would you happen to know how long it takes approximately? Because the website said processing time is 12 months and we are on the 14th month almost. I would really want my husband here for Christmas.

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Thank you. Would you happen to know how long it takes approximately? Because the website said processing time is 12 months and we are on the 14th month almost. I would really want my husband here for Christmas.
if you applied before dec 7 last year, you could fall into the old timelines of 18 months -- they are trying to get the back logged cleared up. no one can tell you here how long it will take as we are not the visa officer working on your file. as mentioned, you can review the spreadsheet in the mexico thread and possible reach out to your VO to see what the hold up is

KandyK

Feb 9, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
O4-04-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
File Transfer...
05/10/2017
Med's Request
19/07/2017
Med's Done....
03/08/2017
LANDED..........
10/19/2017
All depends on the Visa office and the complexity of your application.

CaroM8

Feb 26, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
26/09/2016
AOR Received.
20/10/2016 - SA:25/10/2016 - AOR2: 22/12/16
File Transfer...
25/10/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
11-10-2017
LANDED..........
14-11-2017
We are also from Mexico office, applied in September 2016. My husband got PPR in October 2017, so just over a year. Our application was pretty straight forward though; no previous marriages, no kids etc.

Hope you get PPR soon!