+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Decision Made"

Rainmaker123

Mar 31, 2015
Hi Gang,

Hope all are well.

I would like to get your expertise on the following if you do not mind. I submitted my spouse visa, with my wife being my sponsor, on August 5th 2015. They began processing the application on September 3rd 2015, and approval for my wife to be my sponsor was granted on October 5th 2015. All good and well so far.

Everything from my end was handed in as part of the submission pack of August 5th, including payment, medical, etc, and I have been regularly checking my application status online. 2 points to note:

1- Despite my sponsor receiving sponsorship approval, the status on the website remains as "in process". Is this cause for any concern?
2- My permanent residence application status has now changed from "in process" to "decision made", however I have not received any form of communication notifying me of any decision, nor has the details of the application changed when I click on the underlined "decision made" hyperlink. Again, is this any cause for concern?

Thank you all in advance for your prompt response, really appreciate all your support throughout this process!

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Did you receive an AOR or SA via email? Aside from document requests/PPR for some countries that's all they send out.

I don't think there is any cause for concern. ECAS can take a long time to properly update. Congrats on your DM though, that was quite speedy! You won't get any other form of notification for DM until you receive your COPR in the mail.

Rainmaker123

Mar 31, 2015
Hey Aquakitty...... thank you so much for your input..... so, does "Decision Made" mean that the PR status has been granted?

My concern stems from the speed at which this was achieved.... not that I am complaining at all of course, and many months were spent compiling the information which was an absolute nightmare as most of you will attest to.... but I was expecting at least 9 - 12 months.

Also, asides from the notices on the online platform, I have not received anything through the post nor via e-mail. My wife received her sponsor approval as a PDF via e-mail close to 2 months after submission, however nothing yet on my end asides for the below which I can view through the online service:

1- We received XXXXX application for permanent residence on August 5, 2015.
2- We started processing XXXXX's application on October 5, 2015.
3- Medical results have been received.

and of course the page prior states "Decision Made" beneath where the PR status is listed.

What are your thoughts?

Thank you again, much appreciated!

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Rainmaker123 said:
Hey Aquakitty...... thank you so much for your input..... so, does "Decision Made" mean that the PR status has been granted?

My concern stems from the speed at which this was achieved.... not that I am complaining at all of course, and many months were spent compiling the information which was an absolute nightmare as most of you will attest to.... but I was expecting at least 9 - 12 months.

Also, asides from the notices on the online platform, I have not received anything through the post nor via e-mail. My wife received her sponsor approval as a PDF via e-mail close to 2 months after submission, however nothing yet on my end asides for the below which I can view through the online service:

1- We received XXXXX application for permanent residence on August 5, 2015.
2- We started processing XXXXX's application on October 5, 2015.
3- Medical results have been received.

and of course the page prior states "Decision Made" beneath where the PR status is listed.

What are your thoughts?

Thank you again, much appreciated!
It's not unusual to not receive an AOR email, and don't worry about the speed. The same thing happened to us, my husband got his PR in under 4 months. I hadn't even checked ECAS because I was expecting at least 3 more months before anything happened. I've seen a few other people get DM in 4 months or even less.

Since you have no ECAS messages about document requests and never received one, it's almost 100% guaranteed to be good news.

o6ocpaka

Sep 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2015
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
07-12-2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2015
LANDED..........
11-11-2015
Rainmaker123 said:
Hi Gang,

Hope all are well.

I would like to get your expertise on the following if you do not mind. I submitted my spouse visa, with my wife being my sponsor, on August 5th 2015. They began processing the application on September 3rd 2015, and approval for my wife to be my sponsor was granted on October 5th 2015. All good and well so far.

Everything from my end was handed in as part of the submission pack of August 5th, including payment, medical, etc, and I have been regularly checking my application status online. 2 points to note:

1- Despite my sponsor receiving sponsorship approval, the status on the website remains as "in process". Is this cause for any concern?
2- My permanent residence application status has now changed from "in process" to "decision made", however I have not received any form of communication notifying me of any decision, nor has the details of the application changed when I click on the underlined "decision made" hyperlink. Again, is this any cause for concern?

Thank you all in advance for your prompt response, really appreciate all your support throughout this process!
Have you received any batch emails like asking to submit police checks if you haven't done so? They typically do that before any DM, then again it could depend on visa office. For us it took about 6 months after Sponsorship Approval before getting COPR(with extensive communication from CIC right before), so if you had SA in October, DM for PR would seem extremely fast.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
o6ocpaka said:
Have you received any batch emails like asking to submit police checks if you haven't done so? They typically do that before any DM, then again it could depend on visa office. For us it took about 6 months after Sponsorship Approval before getting COPR(with extensive communication from CIC right before), so if you had SA in October, DM for PR would seem extremely fast.
It totally depends on the visa office and officer. We received no such batch email and were also Ottawa applicants. Someone from the March thread actually got their PR faster than us (Sydney and Sao Paulo applicants). I've read a few people on here getting their DM with no other contact, it's not unusual. Just luck of the draw I guess.

I think maybe you don't hear much from the faster applicants because they stop coming to this forum, whereas the longer applicants have more to chat about.

Beaverdiva

Aug 5, 2013
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
AOR 26/08/2015. SA 28/09/2015. In Process on eCAS - 6/10/2015
File Transfer...
29/09/2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT. Medical Results Received 14/10/15
Med's Done....
06/07/2015
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 09/12/2015, COPR arrived 15/1/16 deadline to land 7/7/16
LANDED..........
7-06-2016
Hi Rainmaker,

Hope it makes you feel better to learn that I have the same on eCAS. Last week my part changed from 'In Process' to 'Decision Made' and there's no change when I press the hyperlink; just 3 lines ending 'Medical Results have been received'.

We applied at the end of July and were expecting a long wait so we were surprised to see DM. We haven't had any requests for further information and I never received AOR2. All we had was a letter sent to my hubby saying he'd got Sponsorship Approval and that my file was being transferred to London for processing.

Based on no requests for further documentation or information we're 99% certain it's a good decision, but until it's there in writing we feel a little bit anxious (!) so I can relate to how you're feeling.

good luck and keep us posted :D

BMN

Star Member
Dec 17, 2015
Visa Office......
New Dehli
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2015
File Transfer...
12-06-2015
Med's Request
01-06-2016
Med's Done....
15-09-2016
Interview........
waived as per MP
Passport Req..
DM: 01-10-2016 passport Req: 03-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah
LANDED..........
Inshallah
HI there I have a question hopefully you can help Me out.
When I check online at cic to see the status of my husbands file it says in process, and just recently I have received an email asking for more photos, emails and phone list between my husband and I. I have sent those but would this make my case any slower? Or should I be concerned that there is a problem?

Thank you.

cillyx5

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
AOR Received.
07-15-2015
BMN said:
When I check online at cic to see the status of my husbands file it says in process, and just recently I have received an email asking for more photos, emails and phone list between my husband and I. I have sent those but would this make my case any slower? Or should I be concerned that there is a problem?

Thank you.
Sounds like they just want more evidence. The sooner you send it in and they receive it, the sooner they can move forward with your case.
Best of luck.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
BMN said:

Thank you.
This is better than just getting an interview request. Give them a ton of evidence so you don't end up in the interview queue.

BMN

Star Member
Dec 17, 2015
Visa Office......
New Dehli
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2015
File Transfer...
12-06-2015
Med's Request
01-06-2016
Med's Done....
15-09-2016
Interview........
waived as per MP
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah
LANDED..........
Inshallah
Thank you so much Aquakitty and cillyx5 for your help.
I have recently visited my husband so I have sent some of those pictures along with my viber messages, Skype calls and call log. My husband and I don't really use phone cards to call much we just use social networks. Do you think I have enough evidence, specially with the photos and the traveling that I did to see him?
Also I just sent the documentation they requested right when I got the email so hopefully it all goes well.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
BMN said:
Thank you so much Aquakitty and cillyx5 for your help.
I have recently visited my husband so I have sent some of those pictures along with my viber messages, Skype calls and call log. My husband and I don't really use phone cards to call much we just use social networks. Do you think I have enough evidence, specially with the photos and the traveling that I did to see him?
Also I just sent the documentation they requested right when I got the email so hopefully it all goes well.
That sounds good to me, travelling evidence is a great help.

BMN

Star Member
Dec 17, 2015
Visa Office......
New Dehli
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2015
File Transfer...
12-06-2015
Med's Request
01-06-2016
Med's Done....
15-09-2016
Interview........
waived as per MP
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah
LANDED..........
Inshallah
Thanks a lot :D Aquakitty

Rainmaker123

Mar 31, 2015
Beaverdiva said:
Hi Rainmaker,

Hope it makes you feel better to learn that I have the same on eCAS. Last week my part changed from 'In Process' to 'Decision Made' and there's no change when I press the hyperlink; just 3 lines ending 'Medical Results have been received'.

We applied at the end of July and were expecting a long wait so we were surprised to see DM. We haven't had any requests for further information and I never received AOR2. All we had was a letter sent to my hubby saying he'd got Sponsorship Approval and that my file was being transferred to London for processing.

Based on no requests for further documentation or information we're 99% certain it's a good decision, but until it's there in writing we feel a little bit anxious (!) so I can relate to how you're feeling.

good luck and keep us posted :D
Hey Beaverdiva..... yah sounds like we are in the exact same boat... I am still not any clearer on the situation, just hanging around awaiting the letter through the post... will definitely keep you posted on developments on my end... but all things being correct, let me take this opportunity to congratulate you on a job well done! ;D

BMN

Star Member
Dec 17, 2015
Visa Office......
New Dehli
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2015
File Transfer...
12-06-2015
Med's Request
01-06-2016
Med's Done....
15-09-2016
Interview........
waived as per MP
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah
LANDED..........
Inshallah
HI guys just needed your thoughts on this.
Immigration wanted a few ore evidence and my daughters pictures to be mailed to them which I did. They received it on the 24 and I was just wondering would anyone know when they check their mail or how it works? My husbands medical also expired on the 21st of December so would they ask for another medical check or can they extend it?