+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Decision Made"

Eric Parker

Star Member
Jun 26, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
On the CIC website....it tells me this:

"Decision Made: Medical results have been received. A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision."

So...will they contact me via e-mail (which is in this case, the lawyers who helped with the app), or by phone?

In any case, is this the standard response they put on the website? and is this quick turnaround a good or bad sign? Looks like there is no interview?

Thanks guys!

Eric Parker

Star Member
Jun 26, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
And.....if it is approved....will the CIC send some of my documents back? (I noticed that some on this froum actually did get their docs back).

I also saw on this forum that a quick decision (this being 1.5 months) means everything AOK?

I will find out soon enough.

Any comments? Thoughts?

robertbola

Mar 29, 2009
Hey Eric,

I think you will be receiving good news. If you think about it if it was a denial they would at least have asked you to come in for an interview. The point that they waived that part means you should be approved.

My decision was made pretty fast.....it all depends on the backgrounds checks....it seems you have been cleared pretty fast.

They should send you a letter via mail--i'm guessing the same address as the AOR was sent. As far as getting your documents back- you should have made copies of anything that was not required to be a original...you can fax them and ask them to return anything you would like back.

I got all my stuff back within five days of them getting my application (buffalo.

Good luck looks like your good to go to Canada. Just came back from the landing and it's very chilly up there :) !

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
congratulations, Eric Parker! this is really good news!

diddagirl

Star Member
Aug 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow, super fast processing time Eric Parker! Congrats to you... I am sure it's a good decision!

I am also applying through Buffalo and would LOVE if my timeline were anywhere near as quick as yours! Fingers crossed...

Eric Parker

Star Member
Jun 26, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In case you all were wondering...

All I have seen is E-CAS changed from "in process" to "decision made". I have yet to hear from the lawyer firm assisting me and my wife in this endeavour, since it is the place the CIC will send the "letter concerning this decision". I am hoping for a positive result and the letter being the "requesting passport" letter (the PPR).

If that happens, I will be a Technical Canadian (being a PR) by the end of the year.

nyssa

May 14, 2009
Midwest, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
AOR Received.
22-09-10
Med's Done....
09-01-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
06-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2010
LANDED..........
06-01-2011
Congrats!!! That's what, 3.5 months? 4 months? That's amazing. I will be applying in Feb (have to wait for the marriage certificate!) so hopefully it's smooth sailing for us as well. I hope everything works out great for you and everyone else who goes through this process!

HBeach78

Star Member
Jan 14, 2008
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2009
Med's Done....
15/05/2009
Passport Req..
12/11/2009
VISA ISSUED...
18/11/2009
LANDED..........
29/11/2009
Hi Eric,

I'm in the same boat as you are.. same time line....processing through NYC

I saw my case on the website 2 weeks ago saying that Medicals have been received...Last week I received a letter in the mail and Immigration wanted a copy of my divorce certificate from my first marriage... Something I must have over looked as I didn't see where it was requested with in the application...

The letter also mentioned that all documents be sent in together, and since that was the only document listed, I can only assume that was the only remaining document they wanted. I mailed in in certified with a confirmation that it had been received, and I received the confirmation by mail the other day.

I am hoping that all that is left is getting the passport request... Although I'm still up in the air regarding that when the time comes... Whether it would be better to just take the trip to NYC and pick it up, or wait and hope my passport doesn't get lost in the mail..... that would suck after all of this waiting.

But in any case, I think you are well on your way to Canada! Sometimes No news is Good news.

Good Luck!