App. Filed.......
22-Apr-2013
AOR Received.
4-May-2013
Med's Done....
15-Mar-2013
Passport Req..
26-Oct-2013
So, I wanted to confirm, I just logged in to check our file on the ECAS and saw this:

We received your application for permanent residence on April 23, 2013.

We started processing your application on November 22, 2013.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

According to the majority of the posts that I have read on this forum, this is good news right? This typically means that the application has been approved?

Can anybody tell me what the process looks likes from here? How long until things move ahead? When does the visa get issued? I am heading to Japan next week and coming back with my wife on Dec 24, will she be able to "land" when she arrives?

My wife is in Japan right now and I can't share the news with her because of the crazy time difference but I had to do something to ease my nerves, hence this post.

Thanks!!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

This sounds like it was an Outland application, correct? If so, I wonder why they took 7 months to begin processing your application??

Well I, along with everyone that reads your post, hope that this is good news. However...the decision may or may not be an approval (shame on CIC for being so vague in their wording!!!).

Since it only took them 2 business days to start processing your application and render a decision...I think you have a good chance of `celebrating' very soon.

I can't speak to the remainder of the process, but will hope that you do indeed get positive news from CIC very soon.

v-globe

Dec 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-Apr-2013
AOR Received.
4-May-2013
Med's Done....
15-Mar-2013
Passport Req..
26-Oct-2013
Yes it was an Outland application ;)

I wondered the same thing, THAT long the start processing it and then 4 days later a decision made? Weird... Now I guess we just wait for contact regarding that super vague "decision".

Thank you!

Iay

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2, 2017
AOR Received.
2017/02/10 In-process 2017/02/16 Test 2017/03/22 DM 2017/03/23
v-globe said:

I wondered the same thing, THAT long the start processing it and then 4 days later a decision made? Weird... Now I guess we just wait for contact regarding that super vague "decision".

Thank you!
Decision Made in Manila Visa Office means your Passport and COPR are already mailed out.
You will get it around 1-2 weeks after the DM date :)

v-globe

Dec 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-Apr-2013
AOR Received.
4-May-2013
Med's Done....
15-Mar-2013
Passport Req..
26-Oct-2013
Wow, if that's accurate, that is VERY VERY VERY good news!!!

Thanks!!

Iay

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2, 2017
AOR Received.
2017/02/10 In-process 2017/02/16 Test 2017/03/22 DM 2017/03/23
v-globe said:
Wow, if that's accurate, that is VERY VERY VERY good news!!!

Thanks!!
If you haven't been called in for an interview, or haven't been asked for any additional proof of relationship, you can safely assume that it is a positive decision.

You can check the spreadsheet and compare the DM dates and the date when they got the Visa.
Ours took 9 days for the Visa to arrive after the DM date.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Iay said:
If you haven't been called in for an interview, or haven't been asked for any additional proof of relationship, you can safely assume that it is a positive decision.
Yes. If CIC was going to reject an application, in practically every single case they would either request an interview, or send you an email saying your app may be rejected due to some reason and to give you a chance to fix it.

v-globe

Dec 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-Apr-2013
AOR Received.
4-May-2013
Med's Done....
15-Mar-2013
Passport Req..
26-Oct-2013
Awesome! Thanks Rob and Iay. This is super helpful and gives us the OK to feel excited about this!! :D

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
v-globe said:

Thank you!
ECAS is not an automatic system, it is updated manually by the VO. Some of them update it frequently and others don't update it until the very end. That's why some people show as "In Process" for several months and others, like my partner's app, never even show "In Process". Ours went straight from "Application Received" to "Decision Made" but the GCMS notes show that they started processing it months before approval.

Congrats! The COPR should arrive in time for your wife to land on Dec 24th. It usually doesn't take more than 2 weeks to arrive.

v-globe

Dec 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-Apr-2013
AOR Received.
4-May-2013
Med's Done....
15-Mar-2013
Passport Req..
26-Oct-2013
Thanks for helping with that one Canuck!

SarahSh

Oct 2, 2013
hello!!
I think we are in the same situation as yours.
after we got our AOR and SA and they sent our application to the visa office to be proccessed, we never heard anything from the visa office. Today i was checking the ecas and i figured out that under the Permanent Residence Application Status it was changed from Application Received to Decision Made.

I opened it and here's the update.

1.We received Sarah Ch****'s application for permanent residence on September 23, 2013. (old not new)

2.We started processing Sarah Ch****'s application on November 26, 2013. (new post)

3.Medical results have been received. (old not new)

4.A decision has been made on Sarah Ch****'s application. The office will contact Sarah Ch**** concerning this decision. (new post)

When will they contact me?? and what will happen next?

thanks in advance

yumeryuu

Jan 29, 2013
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2012
Wow, we have very similar situations. My husband is Japanese but is currently staying with me in Canada. Manila started processing the application on November 21st, 2013, a day before yours... almost 6 months since I sent in the final papers they requested and 14 months since the application began.

But it is still under process. Does that mean any day they will give me a new update?
That would be an amazing christmas gift. Maybe Ecas hasn't updated mine yet.

We received your application for permanent residence on September 14, 2012.

We started processing your application on November 21, 2013.

Medical results have been received.

PB2013

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2013
AOR Received.
22-11-2013
File Transfer...
22-11-2013
Med's Done....
06-09-2013
Passport Req..
08-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2014
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
Which Visa office is yours? Seem to be the fastest one in this forum :)

Good luck

SarahSh said:
hello!!
I think we are in the same situation as yours.
after we got our AOR and SA and they sent our application to the visa office to be proccessed, we never heard anything from the visa office. Today i was checking the ecas and i figured out that under the Permanent Residence Application Status it was changed from Application Received to Decision Made.

I opened it and here's the update.

1.We received Sarah Ch****'s application for permanent residence on September 23, 2013. (old not new)

2.We started processing Sarah Ch****'s application on November 26, 2013. (new post)

3.Medical results have been received. (old not new)

4.A decision has been made on Sarah Ch****'s application. The office will contact Sarah Ch**** concerning this decision. (new post)

When will they contact me?? and what will happen next?

thanks in advance

v-globe

Dec 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-Apr-2013
AOR Received.
4-May-2013
Med's Done....
15-Mar-2013
Passport Req..
26-Oct-2013
@ Sarah, wow, that was super fast! If it's anything like ours, you should be receiving a package in the mail soon.

@ Yume: My wife received the envelope containing the visa papers 2 days ago at her home in Japan. Perfect timing as she is home visiting her family for the next couple of weeks. I'm heading there in a few days and we now have very good reason to celebrate. I'm assuming you should receive it VERY soon (to the Japan mailing address you provided on the application.)

EDIT: Yume I didn't see that they hadn't updated to "decision made" on your ECAS... As stated in an earlier comment, these ECAS update are apparently manual, which means somebody might just be overwhelmed with work and the update hasn't been posted or things are moving just a bit slower with that agent (if that's how this actually works? It's all speculation.) Hope you receive some great news soon.

Canuckluvus

Star Member
Jan 26, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2013
AOR Received.
20-03-2013
Med's Done....
05-02-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-2013
LANDED..........
14-12-2013
v-globe said:
@ Sarah, wow, that was super fast! If it's anything like ours, you should be receiving a package in the mail soon.

@ Yume: My wife received the envelope containing the visa papers 2 days ago at her home in Japan. Perfect timing as she is home visiting her family for the next couple of weeks. I'm heading there in a few days and we now have very good reason to celebrate. I'm assuming you should receive it VERY soon (to the Japan mailing address you provided on the application.)

EDIT: Yume I didn't see that they hadn't updated to "decision made" on your ECAS... As stated in an earlier comment, these ECAS update are apparently manual, which means somebody might just be overwhelmed with work and the update hasn't been posted or things are moving just a bit slower with that agent (if that's how this actually works? It's all speculation.) Hope you receive some great news soon.
What exactly do they send in the envelope? Is it a big envelope or a regular sized one? I'm trying to figure out how long it takes to come in the mail. I've been waiting for mine for almost 2 months.