+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decision Made in August 2014 and waiting for passport request (within Canada)

rajsaigal

Star Member
May 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Freckle said:
Thanks for sharing, mkay912.

I was told exactly the same both by AINP and CIC.
Hey Freckle, did you call AINP and CIC too? If yes, what did they say?

Freckle

Mar 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajsaigal, they said that they didn't hear of any federal quota for provincial nominees, except for the quota nominations that each province can issue in a year. AINP said they doubt that such exists and it doesn't make much sense. Agents from both CIC and AINP don't know about the delay and told to contact visa office. CIC agent said that once the application is being processed, it is going to be completed.

rajsaigal

Star Member
May 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Freckle said:
rajsaigal, they said that they didn't hear of any federal quota for provincial nominees, except for the quota nominations that each province can issue in a year. AINP said they doubt that such exists and it doesn't make much sense. Agents from both CIC and AINP don't know about the delay and told to contact visa office. CIC agent said that once the application is being processed, it is going to be completed.
Thats such a relief. I guess its just the matter of time then. Hopefully we all get PPR's soon.

Qi

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2014
Nomination.....
17-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-07-2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
16-01-2015
Med's Request
22-07-2014
Med's Done....
31-07-2014
Passport Req..
07-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-04-2015
LANDED..........
18-04-2015
based on reliable source which was posted in year 2009 that CIC department was "mission based"
which means since July, lots stuff moved to do FSW and won't be back to PNP/CEC till they finish FSW files. That's also why FSW is processed so fast after July.

Waiting is the only option. Good luck everyone.

Freckle

Mar 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, in the CEC subforum there is a topic: 'why did CIC slow down recently share your opinion'. The user Gurindar posted a comment from the past he found, that supports Qi's comment above. Could please some one cross-copy that post here, as I can not do it since I am writing from the phone right now. Thanks!

tester21

Aug 13, 2014
Freckle said:
Guys, in the CEC subforum there is a topic: 'why did CIC slow down recently share your opinion'. The user Gurindar posted a comment from the past he found, that supports Qi's comment above. Could please some one cross-copy that post here, as I can not do it since I am writing from the phone right now. Thanks!
Gurindar said:
A comment I google-d out to know when the slowness is shown by CIC what might be the reason , Its below
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A CIC staff member told me this at a public event - sometimes visa offices shift their focus for some time (several months?) towards other type of applications like PNP, CEC, etc. This happens in case the particular visa office hasn't achieved the "target" (they have no quotas per year, but they do have targets to be achieved for every category) of processing that category of applications in a particular period, which is not necessarily an yearly period. Accordingly, they suspend work on other type of applications until they have achieved their other targets.
If you create a similar chart as above for CEC, PNP, etc. at Buffalo, then you will find that office processing good volumes in the months of Aug, Sep and Oct in these categories. So, they will come back to FSW apps after they have achieved their targets - I hope they do not prolong this game beyond 2009.
I also think that due to the bad economic situation, CEC and PNP are being preferred by Canadian provinces and businesses, that may be why PNP and CEC targets are more critical right now.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Now as I heard people saying quota being over the year , How come FSW fasten up suddenly ( Getting PPR in 5 months - Few Cases I noticed and heard) and FSW also falls under Economic bracket . To me above historical comment with same situation make sense as I haven't heard any official announcement yet for CEC where Quota is over for the year.

Express entry on the cards ( To prepare ), Targets of year to be achieved for certain programmes - Can be the reason CEC slowed down . They would have deliberately halted processing anything for CEC for a while may be 2-3 months .

Rest CIC would better know what is the reason behind it , I am just trying to find out and speculate an adequate reasoning.

Qi

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2014
Nomination.....
17-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-07-2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
16-01-2015
Med's Request
22-07-2014
Med's Done....
31-07-2014
Passport Req..
07-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-04-2015
LANDED..........
18-04-2015
Freckle said:
A CIC staff member told me this at a public event - sometimes visa offices shift their focus for some time (several months?) towards other type of applications like PNP, CEC, etc. This happens in case the particular visa office hasn't achieved the "target" (they have no quotas per year, but they do have targets to be achieved for every category) of processing that category of applications in a particular period, which is not necessarily an yearly period. Accordingly, they suspend work on other type of applications until they have achieved their other targets.
If you create a similar chart as above for CEC, PNP, etc. at Buffalo, then you will find that office processing good volumes in the months of Aug, Sep and Oct in these categories. So, they will come back to FSW apps after they have achieved their targets - I hope they do not prolong this game beyond 2009.

with supporting FSW link http://www.trackitt.com/usa-discussion-forums/federal-skilled-workers/439822243/ppr-requests-slowed-down-cic-usa-visa-offices
originally with graph for increasing number of FSW after July. couldn't paste it here.

Diaboluce

Jul 18, 2012
Visa Office......
Sydeny, NS
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Nomination.....
05-03-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2014
Med's Request
15-04-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2014
Passport Req..
13-02-2015
LANDED..........
18-04-2015
Damn

thanks for the sharing the info Qi,
it helps a lot

so now what matter is how long can they take to finish the target for FSW...

I really wish to see some progress from October for the rest of streams too..

since I don't think PNP already have reached the target for 2014 by July

Freckle

Mar 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since PCC are valid for one year only, do they ask to re-submit them after one year of issuance even when a Decision was made? I have one that was issued last mid of October, another one in November. Should I worry of getting them now?

racoon341

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Freckle said:
Since PCC are valid for one year only, do they ask to re-submit them after one year of issuance even when a Decision was made? I have one that was issued last mid of October, another one in November. Should I worry of getting them now?
I think it doesn't make any sense if they still request another PCC in your home country and you are in Canada for the whole
application process. But in a worst case scenario, we don't have any choice but to submit one.

Freckle

Mar 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
racoon341 said:
I think it doesn't make any sense if they still request another PCC in your home country and you are in Canada for the whole
application process. But in a worst case scenario, we don't have any choice but to submit one.
I agree. I am just trying to plan a bit ahead to save time. This process turned to be so tiresome.