Med's Done....
22-12-2009
Passport Req..
18-03-2010
Our Visa Issuance is June 24.. So they take them too long to send it :(
Maybe they have bulk of visa approved ;D

obinlaine

Jul 9, 2010
wooot~ my visa arrived yesterday too. The issuance date is june 24 also.I am of mixed emotions cause of my upcoming ielts exam wish me luck! To the ones who already got his/hers visas.. Can u share the dates of your flights thanx.. I will be leaving the philippines alone so it is helpful if i can talk to somebody during the flight.thx..

jhoan004

Jul 2, 2010
Congrats for those who got their Visa.

I am too much worried right now. Got my DM last July 1 too. But until now i have not received my Visa yet. I am worried if i can still get it this week. Can you update please specially from those who had DM last July 1 if lahat kayo nareceive na ang Visa nyo. Worried ako na baka ako na lang ang walang narereceive. I am planning to go in the Embassy to personally ask tomorrow morning.

@obinlaine, when do you plan to leave and where you from? I will travel alone too maybe we could have the same flight but hopefully my visa will arrive this week cause i am planning to leave any day this week too.

ijn-jale

Jul 19, 2010
obinlaine said:
wooot~ my visa arrived yesterday too. The issuance date is june 24 also.I am of mixed emotions cause of my upcoming ielts exam wish me luck! To the ones who already got his/hers visas.. Can u share the dates of your flights thanx.. I will be leaving the philippines alone so it is helpful if i can talk to somebody during the flight.thx..
congratz!!! i'm also a nurse but i decided to take the english exam in Canada they call it CELBAN ( Canadian English Language Benchmark Assessment for Nurses). anyway good luck sa IELTS mo. :) I'll be leaving alone also and I intend to do so on August 15, I still don't have tickets though and I haven't got my visa yet :( I also got DM July 5th i'm not sure bout the date actually... hopefully i get to receive it this week, in God's time and will :) and if you want we can also attend the seminars together like PDOS :) GOD BLESS US ALL hope to hear from you colleague. hehe :)

obinlaine

Jul 9, 2010
@ jhoan004, i plan to leave on the 8th of august that is if i could get a ticket for that day and complete all the seminars i have to attend before the said date.. Dont panick you will probably receive your visa this week. Try calling dhl first before going to the embassy for the embassy does not give details unless you have already exceeded your timeline.. Are you under spousal sponshorship? where are u from? I am from cavite, which is only 2 hours away from manila so it did not take too long for my visa to arrive unlike those who are in remote provinces

obinlaine

Jul 9, 2010
@ijn-jale
How does Celban differ from ielts? I'm having a hard time in speaking.. oh no..and what are the next steps that you will take after arriving in canada to become a nurse or LPN?.. I am so confused... :eek: Where will you be staying in canada? ako sa Alberta.. buhu.. katakot... They say its totally different there..

ijn-jale

Jul 19, 2010
jhoan004 said:
Congrats for those who got their Visa.

I am too much worried right now. Got my DM last July 1 too. But until now i have not received my Visa yet. I am worried if i can still get it this week. Can you update please specially from those who had DM last July 1 if lahat kayo nareceive na ang Visa nyo. Worried ako na baka ako na lang ang walang narereceive. I am planning to go in the Embassy to personally ask tomorrow morning.
you're not alone... well i'm not really sure kung kelan ako na DM but i checked my status July 5 so i assumed it's also July 1st since almost all of the peeps here got their DM July 1st. ;D is it possible to talk to them personally? tomorrow morning? ako din kaya? i'm so worried na din talaga :(

jhoan004

Jul 2, 2010
@ obinlaine, i called the DHL but they don't give me information about the package. They said they can only track it by tracking numbers blah blah. I have no choice but to personally ask but yeah i do think they will not give me details if i do so. And yes i am under spousal sponsorship. I am from Marikina City part of Metro Manila that is why i am worrried :( May i ask where in Canada are you going? My husband live in Ontario.

@ijn-jale, i am taking the risk to ask them, kasi ang tagal na nating naghihintay. Baka sakali ready for pick up na or something, i dunno i just want to be on top of this.

ijn-jale

Jul 19, 2010
obinlaine said:
@ ijn-jale
How does Celban differ from ielts? I'm having a hard time in speaking.. oh no..and what are the next steps that you will take after arriving in canada to become a nurse or LPN?.. I am so confused... :eek: Where will you be staying in canada? ako sa Alberta.. buhu.. katakot... They say its totally different there..
sa Winnipeg ako... pwede mo ba bigay sakin number ng DHL na tinawagan mo? thanks.. pareho lang siguro sila ng IELTS but i think mas madali un hindi ko din sure. pero kasi hindi ako nakareview dito kaya dun na lang ako magtake. alam ko requirement din nila NBI so plan ko kumuha ng bago before leaving. alam ko kailangan din mag exam for LPN and kailangan pa magaral talaga. bawal pala magpost ng links.

ijn-jale

Jul 19, 2010
@jhoan004

we have the same case pala, i also called DHL they told me that they can't access it by jut merely giving your full name or complete address :( and spousal sponsorship din me.

jhoan004

Jul 2, 2010
ijn-jale said:
@ jhoan004

we have the same case pala, i also called DHL they told me that they can't access it by jut merely giving your full name or complete address :( and spousal sponsorship din me.
What are you planning to do? Nakakalokang maghintay, Hopefully this week dumating na. My husband asked me if the last name of applicants affects it. Like in my case daw dahil P ang initial ng surname ko kaya daw matagal. What is your surname initial if you don't mind?

obinlaine

Jul 9, 2010
It is possible to contact them if u have already exceeded the given timeline, if you are under spouse/partner/child sponshorship the given timeline is 6mos after manila-canadian embassy recieves and processes your documents. Lets say for my case, Manila-canadian embassy started to process it March 30, so i can follow up after 6mos which is september.You can follow up by fax,email or,personal mail given the follow-up application form.

There is no one from the visa section that will respond and talk to if you are still within the processing time and still decided to drop-by, email or call the office. Thus, giving it a waste of time and effort

Dadating na din yan :)

jhoan004

Jul 2, 2010
obinlaine said:
It is possible to contact them if u have already exceeded the given timeline, if you are under spouse/partner/child sponshorship the given timeline is 6mos after manila-canadian embassy recieves and processes your documents. Lets say for my case, Manila-canadian embassy started to process it March 30, so i can follow up after 6mos which is september.You can follow up by fax,email or,personal mail given the follow-up application form.

There is no one from the visa section that will respond and talk to if you are still within the processing time and still decided to drop-by, email or call the office. Thus, giving it a waste of time and effort

Dadating na din yan :)
Thanks,, I think we can do nothing but wait. Since august first week pa mag 6 months ang application ko. Thank you for saying that at least lumalakas loob ko na darating din sya.

@ijn-jale, lets update each other since tayong dalawa ang same case, :) Goodluck sa atin!!!

obinlaine

Jul 9, 2010
jhoan004 said:
Thanks,, I think we can do nothing but wait. Since august first week pa mag 6 months ang application ko. Thank you for saying that at least lumalakas loob ko na darating din sya.

@ ijn-jale, lets update each other since tayong dalawa ang same case, :) Goodluck sa atin!!!
Yes, alot of people helped me by saying na "dadating na yan".. and you know for sure that it will come right?.. parang end of the world lang yan.. sabi nila, malapit na daw yun dba? haha.. soreee.. just kidding po to make u laugh. I wish we could have the same flight. post your flight ha..