+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decision Made help --- Manila Embassy

rob_187

Apr 30, 2010
Hi everyone, i'm new here and hoping someone could please help me with a few questions. I'm a canadian citizen and I'm sponsoring my wife from the philippines. It's an outland application so everything is being processed in Manila. When checking e-cas on monday, april 26th we noticed it said decision made, and when clicking it this is the message that shows up:

We started processing your application on September 24, 2009.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

Does it mean shes accepted for sure? It's been 11 months since i've seen her :( i already changed my plane ticket for may 25 and were both flying to canada together, i guess we already made the assumption shes accepted. If so, how does manila mail her passport back and how long does it usually take? I guess its been a week since the message, she sent her passport over 2 months ago when it was still in progress. Do they use dhl? When can we expect it do you think? (her visa to arrive) given our situation.

Thank you for everything and best of luck to everyone on here hoping to be with their loved ones again :)

kg

Star Member
Dec 23, 2009
Congratulations! Visa on the way for sure. Yes they use DHL. Some applicants get it 3 days after DM in ecas but not sure if applies to all. May I know your timeline please as my wife's application is in Manila office too.

rob_187

Apr 30, 2010
Thanks kg :) hearing that gives me all the hope in the world that everything is fine, my wife and I have been through so much so it's feels good to finally be so close.

I'll do my best to make a timeline for you (my wife would be better at this, i could ask her later when shes online) These are rough estimates.

August 11, 2009 - Mailed application to Mississauga.
September 24, 2009 - Manila started to process our case
Mid-september - early october - Recieved letter confirming eligibility.
November - Wife received AOR letter, requesting medicals, police clearance.
March - Passport request
April 26th - decision made
Currently waiting on visa to arrive.

Sorry it's not the greatest timeline kg, i'll edit this if my wife is able to give me a more accurate one. What's your timline by the way? IF you have any questions please feel free to ask me since i've been through the process already. Good luck to you and your wife.

kg

Star Member
Dec 23, 2009
Hi again. Thanks for posting your timeline. This is ours.

Nov 24, 2009 - Approved as Sponsor
Nov 30, 2009 - Received Approval Letter from CPC-M
Dec 8, 2009 - Started Processing in Manila Embassy
Dec 11, 2009 - was able to log on ecas and PR in process
Dec 22, 2009 - wife recd AOR requesting Passport
Dec 29, 2009 - Manila Embassy received passport
Jan-April - no news

We are really praying and hoping to get DM very soon as it is very hard to be away from my wife.

rob_187

Apr 30, 2010
Everythings looking good kg, the fact they requested her passport is a definite good sign. It took us 7 months 2 days approximately to get to decision made so keep up the hope becuase i'm sure good news will be there soon. When your wife got the AOR letter by the way, did she send them her medicals and police clearence also? From what people tell me, its really important they would post "medical results recieved" at the time of DM. What part of the philippines is she from? My wife is in Cagayan de Oro. Best of luck and thanks again :)

kg

Star Member
Dec 23, 2009
No they only requested for Passport. We have included medical and police clearance upon submission to CPC-M already. I noticed in your timeline that your wife's AOR requested for Medicals? Did her medical expire already or you didn't submit it together with the application forms? My wife lives in Manila.

rob_187

Apr 30, 2010
Her medicals will expire in July actually, which is why we booked a ticket in may just to be safe. Still no visa yet, i wonder if DHL will deliver on saturdays.

kg

Star Member
Dec 23, 2009
DHL does deliver on saterdays, don't worrie too much as it depends on the location.

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
Not to put a damper on things but "Decision Made" could be either an approval or a refusal. You will not know for sure until the letter arrives. Considering the fact that Manila requests passports early on in the process, the passport request is also not an indicator of a positive decision.

I sincerely hope you receive good news.

raycrawford

Star Member
Dec 27, 2008
With Manila Embassy they do not request the medicals if the application is refused. I have read of 4 refusals and it says in ECAS decision made but it does not say medicals recieved.

If it says they have received medicals it is good news. The visa will arrive soon.

Regards,

Raymond.

rob_187

Apr 30, 2010
Thank you both, robsluv for hoping for the best and raycrawford for letting me know that the visa should be on the way. Its been about a week but i'm sure it'll arrive soon, looking forward to finally being with my wife, leaving for the airport in only 2 hours to visit her family again, hope her and I can come home together on may 25th. Thanks again and all the best to both of you.

louieong

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2009
AOR Received.
08-01-2010
Passport Req..
19-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2010
LANDED..........
25-06-2010
Hi rob_187

I have the same situation as you, my wife is still in the Philippines and here is our time line.

NOV 16 sent application to CPC- Mississauga with all the required documents, (Medical, Police clearance, Cenomar)
DEC 2009 --- approved to sponsor
DEC 24 2009 started processing in manila
Jan 8, 2010 received passport request letter
Jan 19, 2010 sent passport
Mar 11, 2010 received letter asking for certain original copy of document
Mar 29, 2010 sent original copy
May 3, 2010 Decision made; medicals received
processing time 4 months and 1 week up to DM

Currently waiting for Visa.

Am so glad that there is this forum, that we can get information and support.

I wish that our government can do the same, by providing us better access for information and status. ( wishful thinking )

Good luck to everybody who are in the same situation. Take care and wish all the best for this Forum. :)

Have a nice vacation in the Philippines. yum yum nice seafood... make sure to have your cholesterol check when you come back. ;D

rob_187

Apr 30, 2010
lol hope my wife and I can go get our cholestral checked, together, I'll let you know as soon as the visa comes in louie. I'm in seoul korea at the moment so i'll be with my wife in another 14 hours. What part of the philippines is your wife from?

louieong

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2009
AOR Received.
08-01-2010
Passport Req..
19-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2010
LANDED..........
25-06-2010
Good morning Rob, I hope that you had a nice flight and enjoying your stay in Cagayan De Oro. :)

Will also inform you, once we receive my wife's visa. She is from Manila, I too was born in Manila. I live in Scarborough On.

Have a nice vacation. :D

louieong

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2009
AOR Received.
08-01-2010
Passport Req..
19-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2010
LANDED..........
25-06-2010
Received Visa Friday morning, expiration Oct. 2010. My wife will be scheduling her seminar. Very thankful to everyone in this forum. Base on what my wife said, the package she received states that, when she arrive, she won't have health insurance for 3 months. We can live with that, just need to be careful not to get sick. :D

Rob, your package might be in the mail already. Take care and enjoy the weather back there. ;D it's cold again here in Toronto. he he he